Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah...I think you guys are right about the whole Sam/Pete thing.

Spoiler:

I couldn't belive that she said yes to Pete in the first place. She obviously doesn't like him enough to marry him, otherwise she wouldn't have waited 2 weeks to answer him.
    I don't think that they are going to get married. Whether if it is Pete dying or Sam realizing that she just can't spend the rest of her life with him. She's going to realize that she loves Jack more than Pete at some point and have to make a decision about how she wants to live her life. Married to a man she doesn't really love or working, and maybe one day, being with a man she has loved for 8 years.
    I just hope TPTB realize that this Sam/Pete thing isn't going to work.

We also should remember what RDA said in the Lowdown...."I don't think he's any threat to O'neill". Just keep thinking that and we should be all right.
    lol

hobbitsrul
    Sam and Jack...Meant to be!!

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
      VERY VERY true....A woman would not have flutuated like the present writers have (at least I HOPE not)

I know that TPTB *Think* they are conveying something but unfortunatly it did not come across and I am goning to give the benefit of the doubt and blame bad editing.

Sam's attitude and beliefs contradicted each other completely within this episode and I would bet money NOT ONE of the TPTB even noticed it
      Yes, you're right,
      Spoiler:
      she was contradicting herself. I guess I was so messed up by what she said to Jack that I wasn't fully considering that.
      Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
      Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
      Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by estelle
        Spoiler:

You know - and I haven't read all the previous posts yet - I think the problem with Jack not talking or just listening to Sam's 'prattles' is because if he really would talk about his feelings and desires she wouldn't be with Pete anymore. If he'd have said/asked ... I dunno ... done something, the writers would have had a pretty hard time explaining the whole Pete storyline (without pissing us shippers off that is). This way it's much easier for them. They make Jack the typical male character who doesn't speak about his feelings (or lets them show for that matter) but who hides behind them and who follows regulations (which is a very mature and good thing BTW, at least in MHO).
        As I said over at the S/J list, I liked the ep, especially because I know what will happen in Threads. Sure, it has it's flaws (did she really had to say 'Yes' three times in a row) but I'm still positive that we'll get our happy ending. This way the writers just can put it out a little bit longer, but in my eyes it's inevitable. She wouldn't have said yes if it weren't for Jack being off-limits.

Estelle, done with the rant
        Awww (((((((((((((((Estelle))))))))))))))
        I know that the writers are doing their thing here
        I am just commenting on the HERE & NOW and not taking any FUTURE episodes into consideration

However that being said I think TPTB dropped the ball and if they HAD ever done this whole thig differently we never would have had to even deal with the Pete storyline
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
          I agree with you both.

SG1's turned into the Sam Carter show. Even that whole promotion scene in New Order! Jack just became a General, and got command of the entire base, yet that whole promotion ceremony was about Sam.
          Jack's got less to do in the show now for obvious reasons, and Daniel IMHO has even less than that.
          Ahem. Actually, I dunno about you, I like that we see a lot of AT. I think CJ has got his fair share (Avatar, Affinity and the to come ep Sacrifices) and MS has also had it (Icon) or will get it, e.g. 'Prometheus Unbound'. AT had a pretty big role in 'New Order', but that wasn't a real Sam-ep in my eyes. Even Jack had his own 'Zero Hour'. I like that the writers combine the storylines and make team-eps as far as it is possible. It's certainly better than last year.

Estelle xxx
          Abu: This is a woman?
          O'Neill: Oh, yeah.

Carter: Err. Colonel?
          O'Neill: It's my side arm, I swear.

Jack: I don't get it. I mean, how can she make kids without a... man friend?
          Malek: The Queen is able to reproduce asexually.
          Jack: Is that why you guys took hosts?

Jack: Oooo... did anyone else feel that?
          Sam: The tingling sensation is a result of the EM field passing over your skin, but it's not causing any physical damage, so there's no need for concern sir.
          Jack: No I *like* it.

Comment

See I agree here
            Spoiler:
            I firmly believe he was talking about the HERE & NOW when he said that. Sam has always made this about her...What is she willing to do - In Grace "What if *I* quit the Air Force... She has never asked Jack what he would do....

But it all comes back to one GLARING DETAIL!! TPTB have never allowed them to have an adult conversation so how the heck can either Sam or Jack make any decisions about HOW the OTHER one feels

TAME is really really speaking now We WANT A CONVERSATION

Caty

Comment

Awww (((((((((((((((Estelle))))))))))))))
              I know that the writers are doing their thing here
              I am just commenting on the HERE & NOW and not taking any FUTURE episodes into consideration

However that being said I think TPTB dropped the ball and if they HAD ever done this whole thig differently we never would have had to even deal with the Pete storyline
              Oh, now I hav'ta hug ya back ((((((((((((((((((Tame))))))))))))))))))

I agree, TPTB should have left out the Pete storyline and done a little bit more UST ... we would have been perfectly satisfied, but no. I often ask myself what I've been or done in my former life to deserve this ... I must have backlogged a karma that --------------------- bad.

Estelle xxx

Sam: The tingling sensation is a result of the EM field passing over your skin, but it's not causing any physical damage, so there's no need for concern sir.

Comment

You know when you really think about it.....Sam REALLY does make it *all about her* Jack just listens patiently....

Grace - he wasn't REALLY there so thats out
                But in any other episode Jack just listens as Sam prattles on about her needs , her wants , her desires. We NEVER hear her ask about Jack UNTIL NOW and THAT is AFTER
                Spoiler:
                she hands him a ring she has been given from another man - oh yeah THAT is going to inspire Jack to pour out his heart

Do the writers EVER venture out into the REAL WORLD????
                Doubtful. Ya know, as much as I really don't want to see
                Spoiler:
                the love triangle turn into a love square when Jack gets a gf, I wish the poor guy luck! At least then he can have a good time while she's out sowing her oats. Bout time they give him someone that cares about HIM!
                Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Sorry this is OT but I'm having problems getting into GW again and on friday Tame (I think, sorry) and Marimba gave me directions to the SJ Anternate Therapy Room but me being thick and close to 5 in the morning didn't know how to save the settings so now don't have anywhere to get rid of my stargate adiction when I'm blocked out of GW again. Can anyone help? Please...

To bring this post on topic, finaly saw the episode on squinty. Although better than I thought I'm really chocked to find that I'm begining to tolerate and getting really irritated with Sam and Jack.

Comment

What gets me most about this is Amanda Tapping's insistence in interviews that she doesn't want Carter to be "Jack's girl", yet the character is being written as "wants to be anyone's girl".

Moving into Season 8 land:
                    Spoiler:
                    I'm honestly surprised at how choppy this has been. In "New Order", Teal'c asked her how Pete was, and she didn't seem to want to talk about it, despite the fact that she wanted to chat. That doesn't sound like a woman who's going to accept a marriage proposal in less than six months, especially when you don't see the other party every day.

I'm hoping that some episode leading up to "Threads" addresses the fact that Fifth was torturing her in Pete's likeness. That's got to be traumatizing — and the fact that Fifth!Pete was being so controlling in that points directly to his buying a house without consulting her. Fifth wasn't really all that off the mark in "New Order".

So, I'm hoping that we're being thrown a lifeline rather than enough rope to hang ourselves with.

Mel
                    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                    Last update: 14 April 2006
                    Melyanna's Multimedia
                    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                      I agree with you both.

SG1's turned into the Sam Carter show. Even that whole promotion scene in New Order! Jack just became a General, and got command of the entire base, yet that whole promotion ceremony was about Sam.
                      Jack's got less to do in the show now for obvious reasons, and Daniel IMHO has even less than that.
                      I don't really feel it has become the *Sam Carter* show...I was meaning more that when Sam talks about her relationships it is *always* just her she talks about.

I think as far as the show itself is concerned All of the charcaters have had pretty equal screen time and I have enjoyed that.

Although I am happy that CJ has had some forefront screen time lately. Out of all of the Characters I know Teal'c has had episodes that centered around him but for the first time CJ has had some REAL meaty material to work with to show HIS range as an actor and that has been fabulous.

Daniel has had a lot of screen time in MANY episodes so I don't feel he has ever been slighted the same with Sam & Jack. RDA has kind of dictated that So I don't feel either one of them has been slighted either

So as far as the show overall being focused on one specific character I don't think so But that is JMHO and I know others feel different.
                      Last edited by TameFarrar; 22 August 2004, 12:31 PM.
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                        Here is for all the sam and jack shipper gang ...(((((To All)))))
                        Caty's new Sam and Jack video 56, with spoilers season 8
                        "The one" backstreet boys.....Jack'll be the one , He'll be the light where Sam can run to make it alright.[

The link is in my sig.

Enjoy
                        Caty aka Shipdiva
                        Caty I really enjoyed this!!!! Be bopped in my chair and grinned alot

you are trying some new effects....I really liked the still shots very cool!!!

Plus even though I KNOW *some* groan over the Backstreet boys I have a teenage daughter so I Was forced to listen to them and I thought they were pretty good

And this song is definitely appropriate because as we all know JACK IS THE ONE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MAJKawalsky
                          I am a member of the "Pete as Chimera" camp.

Spoiler:

Pete as a figament of Sam's imagination "fixes" a lot of problems with Sam's reactions. Her unconscience mind is plaing tricks on her (or maybe alien influence left over from "Grace"!)

Seems that TPTB have been channelling M. Night Shyamalan

that's a theory i never thought of before. that..that would be very clever. i was complaining somewhere that my problem with threads
                          Spoiler:
                          was that it all seemed very soap opera, and the thing about sci-fi is that you have no limits to your imagination..you can use any plot in the galaxy to get them together..stranded, living out their lives together, stranded on a a distant planet, swapping bodies, being mind-melded...ANYTHING...and they'd gone for a plot that could have come out of eastenders. (although i was told to stop complaining and be grateful for what i got). but if pete is chimera..that would be one of the best sci-fi plots i've ever seen..that would be amazingly good writing..and all the points you make are valid..if this isn't what's really going to happen, someone could make a damn good fanfic out of it
                          Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                            Here is for all the sam and jack shipper gang ...(((((To All)))))

Caty's new Sam and Jack video 56, with spoilers season 8

"The one" backstreet boys.....Jack'll be the one , He'll be the light where Sam can run to make it alright.[

The link is in my sig.

Enjoy

Caty aka Shipdiva
                            (((((((((((((((((((((Caty))))))))))))))))))))))

Thx for the great vid. I never realized till now that they hugged so often. Did you mirror some of the hugs? It just felt like I haven't seen some of the scenes; You've done a really great job. My favourite bit is when they sing 'I'll show you what true love means'. I think you've choosen just the right scene for that line. In fact, I think I won't be able to watch that scene again without screaming 'Sam don't you see that only Jack can show you what true love is'. Ah it's so shippy ... and no Pete, you deserve an extra hug ((((Caty)))).

Estelle xxx

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                              I don't think of myself as a feminist but I am a modern woman! I have spent my life the way I wanted. I was military for several years, in a MOS (Military Occupational Speciality) where there were extremely few women. I have been married, twice. I don't believe in third time is a charm. It would take the "perfect romantic ideal" for me to change my mind about marriage again. I have lived alone now for 12 years. And I am happy with it. I like myself, I like the way I am, I have no problem with being alone.

And that is the way I have always seen Sam. She likes herself, she's happy in her job, okay, being in love with your CO sucks, but hey, I never saw her as desperate enough to settle.

That is what ticks me off about this whole story arc. Sam is acting desperate for a long term relationship. Not all women feel the need for it. Okay, sure, celibacy ain't all it's cracked up to be, but it is preferable to commiting your life to someone that you don't care enough about that it takes you several weeks of serious doubt to make up your mind!

(Mei Mei looks around... hmmmm.... she's ranting again...)

Okay, where did I put my happy pills?
                              Amen Sistah!!!

Also want to share with you a piece from a book I'm reading (and remember I'll read just about anything, even cereal boxes, if it's well-written! )... the first thing I thought of was the S/P/J triangle:
                              "Once you've emotionally committed to a particular outcome, it can be very hard to maintain your objectivity. The stronger the emotional commitment, the greater the tendency to behave irrationally. This is why counselors usually advise against sexual intimacy until mutual respect, trust, and friendship have been well-established. Once the powerful and pleasurable ingredient of sex has been added to a relationship, we tend to overlook even basic flaws until the passion subsides. By then we may be well down the road toward emotional disaster."

(p.14 from "Reading People" by Jo-Ellan Dimitrius, Ph.D. & Mark Mazzarella)
                              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

I don't really feel it has become the *Sam Carter* show...I was meaning more that when Sam talks about her relationships it is *always* just her she talks about.
                                Well if Jack began to talk about her relationship with Pete I'd start to worry . Seriously, it is *her* relationship so it can only be *her* talking about it. What could Jack possible say that won't make her jump him. The fact that it is so much (and always the same) is I think partly our 'fault'. TPTB try so hard to make us see their pov - giving us explanations why she is together with Pete - that they don't recognize that we don't care why she is with Pete. We just don't want him 'cause Sam and Jack belong together and that's that.

Estelle xxx

Sorry Tame had to edit my post 'cuz I just saw that I mis-read your post. Can you explain to me what you mean by 'it's always just her she talks about'? I don't really get that. Whom should she talk about?

Estelle xxx
                                Last edited by estelle; 22 August 2004, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X