X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TameFarrar
    regular spoiler space (S8)

I guess I am going to be the detractor here.
    I really felt that EVERYONE's performance was a bit *flat*
    Even RDA in the office scenes ( I was impressed in the Lab, only one)
    CJ and MS had it turn up a little more but overall I really felt like even the cast felt this was a *bad* episode. It may have been the way it was edited that made the cast just seem like they were there that day getting a paycheck. This is TOTALLY my personal opinion
    But I just felt NO JUICE from anyone about the whole episode.
    RDA shined in that one moment in the lab - and there were little moments for each of the cast but it just wasn't what I have always seen from the cast especially this season.
    I agree Tame & am glad you mentioned it. For me... the word "tired" comes to mind. They seemed, overall, very tired last season. And this year just seems like a continuation of it. I don't think it's the fact they're in their 8th season. I have a feeling it's that multple ep filming schedule...
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      Spoilers for S8's Affinity

I didn't see PS clenching her butt. I saw his hand 'almost' touch it, but quickly moved away. *looked more accidental on the actor's part to me*
      <snip>
      Sally
      It was more of a quick swipe/rub. And I agree... I don't think it was scripted either. Maybe he just got a little too caught up in the moment??
      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Here's a little something to cheer y'all up. It's a music video Lena and I made. The song is "Accidentally in Love" by Counting Crows. Maybe it helps to bring back our mojo. Here's the link:

http://harrys-place.de/accidentally/links.htm

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
        it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
        It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
        And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
          do you ever get the feeling you're read lord of the rings one too many times?
          Me? Nah.

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
          it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
          It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
          And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Originally posted by Watters87
            Spoilers for Affinity and Threads.
            Spoiler:
            Token, I agree and disagree with your post. I agree maybe Sam was trying to get Jack to talk about marriage, kids and her. But I disagree about the ring should have snapped Jack into action. He's probably thinking what's the point in telling her my feelings if she doesn't feel anything for me anymore, I'm just going to get shot down. Remember she to him has moved on and now she's considering marriage. If I was Jack I think that her feelings have changed. I think this is what spurns Jack to go out with Kerry.

I can understand Jack's reluctence to talk to Sam about his feelings because after Lost City, he might think that if Sam felt anything strong for him, why is she still seeing Pete and now comtemplating marriage. I think that if they are going to get together in the end, it is Sam that has to make the first move because to me she is the one that makes the decisions in the relationship. Examples : Devide and Conquer -leaving it in the room. BTS: Sam saying SIR.

I agree with you on that ..That's why I like Sam ..
            Spoiler:
            She tries to talk to Jack ..but he always says something ambiguous instead of being clear ...Plus we know they 're both working hard to fight the future of humanity ..and thery know that to be together ..one of them must either resign or step down ......and are they ready to do it right now ????Well jack is nearly ready ( the near resignation in zero hour) ....Sam just got promoted ..she is taking Jack's old position now ...and she must be extra good..She is still young ..and her career is still important to her ....so even if she had kids ..looks like she will still be working for SGC ...Jack on the contrary is getting on ...doesn't like the general position , is really fed up about seeing the team stranded off world when he can't do anything .....so he may like looking after a kid when he or she is born ...I can see Jack doing that ..and still be around part time for SGC if they need him.

caty

Comment

Originally posted by Karibou
              Okay, just rewatched A$$inity.

Spoiler:

I think I now agree with other opinions on the site regarding the conversation between Jack and Sam. I think his "I wouldn't be here" comment referred to Charlie, not to any feelings he had to Sam -- or at least that's what the writers had in mind. I think the superb acting may have given the lines an added dimension, but I think that may just be wishful thinking on my part. I have no idea if this is TPTB's way of breaking it to us "gently", or if this is just a warm-up for the happy ending we hope for. I've seen too many shows try to avoid romances in the name of "good drama," especially in scifi series. I'm soooooo worried that SG-1 may go that route. I love the show, but I would be beyond disappointed if they REALLY kept Sam and pete together. Not sure I'd really want to watch. I think I'd be too heartbroken for Jack. I just pray that TPTB understand that a happy ending wouldn't detract from the show's merits in any way. All those angst-ridden scifi shows have left a bad, BAD taste in my mouth (X-files, Farscape, Angel... shall I go on?) I'm much happier with the few that left us with happy endings (like ST Voyager).

Oh, I'm so bummed. WAH! Think I'm going to go write more of my fanfic, where I can make everything happy and nice! LOL!

No... x-file apart from the baby (huge mistake ) had a happy kind of ending for Mulder and Scully ...they are fugitives ...right.. but together ....and the kiss in the jail scene although too dark was very passionnate ...then whe saw Scully revisited Mulder to tell him about baby William ..I just wanted to cry ....she stroke the back of his head...and the bed scene in the motel room was very tender , emotional ....Mulder's finger on scully's lips ..WOHOOOOO...

....yet they both were sad because ..1)baby William ,2) fugitives ,3) the end of the world is coming up 2012....and their quest is not over yet ....so yes ...not 100% happy ending ....but they are togehter as a couple ...and that's what matters ..They 'll get there in the movie ..and who knows!!!! ...they may even get their baby back .

Wonder if we'll see Jack caressing Sam with his finger !!!!!...or even curl up in bed together !!!!!..I have many doubts ..but I'll keep hoping ....A miracle can always happen.

caty

Comment

Hello from the void. Sorry I disappeared. Time. After Affinity, I have gone over those three lines in Sam's office over and over and over a million times in my mind and just had to come back and give my opinion. Seems Gatetrixer has said just what I finally came up with.
                SPOILER SPACE... HOPE IT IS ENOUGH.....

Like everyone else, I immediatly believed Sam was referring to her relationship with Jack. But after watching it over and over again, and reviewing it in my mind even more times, I decided that maybe when she was referring to "if things were different" she was referring to if Charlie had not died. And the reason I believe this is because of the grimace she made on her face at the end. I don't think she would have done that if she were referring to her personal love for him, but would have if she were mentioning a sensitive subject, such as the loss of his son. (sorry if this has already been mentioned, it would be a physical impossibilty to catch up on all the hundreds of postings since Affinity aired) And the fact that Jack said that "he would not be there" would only have to mean, as the Gatetrixer has already stated, that if Charlie had not died, he would still have a family and would not have gone on the suicide mission to Abydos in the first place, thus not being involved in the Stargate program. And, thus... for all of us who believe he is so truly in love with Sam, he would never have met Sam.. which I believe this emotion WAS evident is his face (and in Sam's) during this conversation. That, did give me some satisfaction at least.
                ANYWAY... I have great consolation in the fact that the spoilers for Threads gives me GREAT HOPE that this season may have many opportunities for little hints of, oh.. maybe jealously popping up in Jack, and maybe... oh... hints of Sam searching for hints of caring from Jack, and of course the GREAT HOPE that ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!! These writers are really giving us a ride!!

Sorry if I have jumped in, and jump out of the forum. Hope it's not bad manners and ya'll don't mind.
                I come around as often as I can.
                SG-1 Dreamer

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
                  Here's a little something to cheer y'all up. It's a music video Lena and I made. The song is "Accidentally in Love" by Counting Crows. Maybe it helps to bring back our mojo. Here's the link:

http://harrys-place.de/accidentally/links.htm
                  That was great.
                  Maria
                  "Love is the only game that is not called on account of darkness."
                  -- Anon.

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                    Spoiler:
                    The good thing in that scene is that Jack recognized that she was iffy about the whole thing. When Sam said she had had the ring for 2 weeks, his face and demeanor totally changed. It was like HE knew she was settling. That is why I don't think his comment "I wouldn't be here!" was necessarily about Charlie. I think it might have had more to do with him possibly having had retired if he and Sam had gotten together.

Me too I think it's about retirement with Sam ..nothing else ..but he was not clear enough for her ..She didn't get it .

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                      Okay, I just had to stop reading and post this because it is too good to wait. Hubs and I are watching Alias (our latest addiction) and I just saw the loveliest shippy scene...

Vaughn (talking to Syd)-- *swallows* This watch belonged to my father. It's broken now but it used to keep perfect time and when he gave it to me he said, "You could set your heart by this watch." It stopped October 1st. The day we met.

*shippy looks* then their pagers go off...

Um...WOW!! Gotta love that ship!

Why can't the PTB at Stargate hire writers like the ones on ALIAS??!! Why do we have to get stuck with writers that like to torture the fans??!!! Gads, at least they gave Vaughn a real *reason* for getting married!! He thought she was dead FCOL!! And at least they only tortured Alias fans for a season before killing the wife and getting back on track!! Stargate shippers have been tortured for YEARS!!! Okay, I think I'm done whining now!

yeah the tortute was quickly done in Alias ..hey ..PLUS AS you said nobody blamed Vaughn cuz he thought she was dead ...mind you he was still a bit fast to get married .....but anyway ..I missed the last 3 episodes of season 3 ...I suppose you are taling about one of them ...hey ....or season 4???

Caty

Comment

Argh! I can't take much more of this!!! And I haven't even seen the episode in question! I'm getting my exam results next week and between that and the agony of having to wait to watch Threads, I'm going insane, three fries short of a happy meal, WHACKO!!!!!

Oh, and speaking of the x-files, I didn't know about that kiss after Scully had William until a friend gave the video to me coz I stopped watching the show after s7 but I was watching POV the other day (I needed *something* to calm my nerves after all this Pete stuff!) and it turns out that I had a clip of it on a trailer for season 8 on the vid that I'd taped on Sky! Doh! I should try watching the commercials instead of fast-forwarding them!
                        Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                          yeah the tortute was quickly done in Alias ..hey ..PLUS AS you said nobody blamed Vaughn cuz he thought she was dead ...mind you he was still a bit fast to get married .....but anyway ..I missed the last 3 episodes of season 3 ...I suppose you are taling about one of them ...hey ....or season 4???

Caty
                          EXACTLY! I liked the angst (well, for a bit) but at least they resolved itin ONE (?!? yeah, it CAN be done) season).

hey, don't I get a medal? I watched A$$inity...and then rewatched the bad scenes to see what doubt showing body language I missed...

back to shippy episodes (since we only got through Grace last night...)

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                          ~Imzadi
                          describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                          Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                            LtLisa keep up the good work!!!!!!!! Conversion works best One at a Time
                            I like to mutlitask <g>

also, stuPit could be a Chimera...the only time the rest of the team has seen him was Chernobyl at the end...but she could have imagined it. He could just be in her head and she could be talking about a hallucination with everyone...

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                            ~Imzadi
                            describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                            Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

SHIPPER MEDAL OF COURAGE!!!!!!!

is issued to the following Shippers:

Ship Nana
                              Lunar
                              Caty
                              Marimba
                              Tame
                              Mei Mei
                              Kri
                              Critter

Courtesty of Ship Nana....I swiped it from her to add names ((((Tame))))

I swiped it too, but it didn't come out as pretty Critter
                              Desperate Thunker

Comment

Welcome to all the recently delurked newbies. You have chosen a fine, fine home with the Shippers.
                                Desperate Thunker

Comment

Working...
                                X