X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spoilers for affinity, season 8

I said:

Ooh, you're reminding me of that scene! That's right, Sam was going on and on about society making ppl feel like they need to be paired off... wonder if that's part of why Sam went ahead and said yes? Not from society's pressures per se, but her own self-inflicted pressures to have that life she'd been missing?.... hmm, more reasons to rewatch this ep.

Originally posted by michelleb
    yeah, cos all single women are bridget jones, and we'd anything to be married. that attitude makes me so mad i could spew!!!!!
    And remember, she said all that AFTER she got the ring from Pete! Doubts, and doubts galore!

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky

Yes! And am I the only one who heard
      Spoiler:
      SHIPPY MUSIC
      ??? I haven’t seen anyone else mention it here.

Bucky
      Oh, I heard it alright!

Sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers. affinity. season eight

Originally posted by auralan
        Spoiler:
        Agreed. She wasn't secure in it. She wasn't even comfortable with the question all episode. And we got no clue what caused her to say yes. One second there were huge doubts. The next she's saying yes. Looks to me like she taked herself into it and this is by no means over.
        Yes, I think she talked herself into it too.

Oh, man, bring on Threads already!!!

Sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
          it's very quiet here today, i hope everyone isn't over in the AIM chatrrom, cos i can't go there cos AIM and my computer argue..anyone out there? anyone? hello? <hears nothing but a big empty echo...>
          Well, for me, I was reading on the S/J list -all five million posts- and then went to another forum and read there -all five million posts... so by the time I got here, and saw over 2 million posts waiting for me... I doubt I'll get through them tonight, but I'll start om this forum first and foremost tomorrow.

Sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s8's affinity - cause i'm sure you can tell i don't want to bother with the invisible spoilers tonight.<g>

Originally posted by Kri
            As for some of the dialogue, as a single woman, I wasn't the least bit impressed with the references to society and how women should be married. I hope Sam wasn't acting on her instinct to fit in and be like everyone else. That's a dumb reason to give in and be married. By the comments she made in that little diatribe, I am quite sure she acknowledges that what she has with Pete is not true love. She is settling.
            Yep. From the dialog in that scene, Sam was not only feeling pressured to hook up with PS from PS, but from society too. I think Sam just wanted the easy coasting that her and PS had been on to continue, and then he went and upped the anty.

My favorites? Although I literally whimpered while watching this, I loved when Sam said "What about YOU?" Just shoot me now. I actually liked this episode because it showed us there is still something there. I really think the show demonstrated that Sam is settling for less than she deserves.
            Again, yes. Less than she deserves and less than she really wants. Which makes it sad on many fronts. Even for PS.

Speaking of Pete; I didn't mind him too much in this ep. He was respectful towards Sam, and clearly adores her. Still do NOT want him around, but at least I didn't want to yell at him for anything he said or did.

Sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

sorry, ltlisa, i'm tired of highlighting and am erasing your invisible spoilers.

spoiler space for affinity, for season eight

[QUOTE]
              Originally posted by LtLisa

Omg, in that park scene before the proposal? When Sam says ‘that’s a bit of an exagerration’? stuPit is not sure how serious she is! He asks about the super hero part…or the girlfriend!
              Yes, I noticed that little 'girlfriend' line too. Little insecure in your relay with Sam, Pete? Well, you should, 'cause she belongs with Jack!

Did anyone else see her wince when he snapped the ring box shut?
              Yes. Levels of significance there.

When she asked ‘what about you?’ she did that look/wince thing she did in Heroes! She didn’t just mean Charlie!
              In truth, I'm still confused on that scene. It was played too ambiguously. BUT, there was shippy music played there, so....

Sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Hi, ALL! It's been a long road...
                Too bad Gateworld's been chewing my computer and spitting it back out, or else I would have been on this forum at least two weeks ago. Anyway, it's good to be back and to know that the shippers may thrive once more, thanks to some fuel, I like to call: Affinity.

Ah... Affinity. So I had prepared myself for certain things (spoiler space required?), but I DEFINITELY was not prepared for her questions.

AFFINITY SPOILERS

Shock One: Jack acknowledges that he's worried about her. Most anti-shippers find a friendship between these two impossible, but obviously SOMETHING is there, for crying out loud! I'm glad Jack asked her what was wrong.

Shock Two: Sam shows Jack the ring. What the heck! So wasn't expecting that! His knee-jerk reaction was most likely masked, and yes, yes, yes, he definitely snapped that sucker shut, causing her to wince.

Shock Three: Sam goes off on a tangent, talking personal stuff like "leaving loved ones, maternity leave, daycare and the like." Weird! Weird, but not uncharacteristic, I would assume, considering it most likely has been plaguing her mind since her biological clock started the klaxons.

Shock Four, Five, Six, Seven, and Eight: Sam QUESTIONS him about what THEY HAVE! Oh, good Lord, I almost had a heart attack. The fact that she asked him... Oh man. And his answer? Quite possibly the shippiest thing I've heard since "Beneath the Surface." Wow.

Phew. Now that I have THAT out... I want Threads to come now. Right now. Like closer than now. Like now.

Now?

PS - Hey Tame! How's it hangin'?

Comment

spoilers for s8's affinity

Originally posted by Mala50

I also don't like the fact that from now on, in every episode up until THREADS - that whatever looks or friendship moments that Sam and Jack have (or maybe there won't be any?) that Sam will still be engaged (albeit, half-heartedly) to PS. That makes me uncomfortable...
                  Argh, I didn't think of it like that. But, it is half-hearted, and Sam still loves Jack, so it only adds to Sam's ping-pong emotions and ours.

Sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                    I've been thinking about Sam and Jack's convo in Affinity...
                    Spoilers S8 Affinity
                    Spoiler:
                    People keep asking "Why would Sam show Jack the ring? Why would she break his hear like that?" I've been thinking about those questions and the answer I keep getting is this. Sam revealed to Jack what her private, personal feelings were about marriage and kids and Pete's proposal because she wanted Jack to share his personal feelings about marriage, kids and HER.

Sam gave Jack the opportunity to say how he felt about her. She was sitting in her lab thinking about her feelings for Jack because the look on her face when he said, "I thought I would never say this to you...Where's that report?" She was disappointed. That ring should have snapped Jack into action. By telling Jack that she had been thinking about the proposal for 2 weeks told Jack what he needed to know. Any yet, he didn't take the bait. (Maybe that's why he doesn't do well at fishing )

Sam has NEVER told Pete she loves him. (At least we haven't seen it. Thank goodness!!) Jack needs to get off his backside and make some effort to convey his TRUE feelings to Sam. IMO, Sam has tried in Heroes II, LC 1 & 2 and now Affinity. I see Sam making an effort and Jack shutting her down or making her guess what his feelings are. Only time will tell.

I'm along for the ride. TPTB will have to pry my cold, dead fingers off of the Shipper rollercoaster!
                    Cold, dead fingers, eh?

okay, i'll use the invisible spoilers thingers (cause it's the last post for me tonight... i'm worn out.... have read well over 500 posts today... am getting tired......... i think i see dead people.....

Spoiler:
                    I agree with everything you've said. Sam gave Jack an opening. She's given him many openings. I don't know, maybe Jack's just as addle brained as Sam at this point, and doesn't know how to take anything she says. *have extreme desire to put the both of them in that zaytarc machine again and make them be honest with one another* But you brought up very good points. Thank you, I like points to play with.

Sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                      Hi, ALL! It's been a long road...
                      Too bad Gateworld's been chewing my computer and spitting it back out, or else I would have been on this forum at least two weeks ago. Anyway, it's good to be back and to know that the shippers may thrive once more, thanks to some fuel, I like to call: Affinity.

Ah... Affinity. So I had prepared myself for certain things (spoiler space required?), but I DEFINITELY was not prepared for her questions.

AFFINITY SPOILERS

Shock One: Jack acknowledges that he's worried about her. Most anti-shippers find a friendship between these two impossible, but obviously SOMETHING is there, for crying out loud! I'm glad Jack asked her what was wrong.

Shock Two: Sam shows Jack the ring. What the heck! So wasn't expecting that! His knee-jerk reaction was most likely masked, and yes, yes, yes, he definitely snapped that sucker shut, causing her to wince.

Shock Three: Sam goes off on a tangent, talking personal stuff like "leaving loved ones, maternity leave, daycare and the like." Weird! Weird, but not uncharacteristic, I would assume, considering it most likely has been plaguing her mind since her biological clock started the klaxons.

Shock Four, Five, Six, Seven, and Eight: Sam QUESTIONS him about what THEY HAVE! Oh, good Lord, I almost had a heart attack. The fact that she asked him... Oh man. And his answer? Quite possibly the shippiest thing I've heard since "Beneath the Surface." Wow.

Phew. Now that I have THAT out... I want Threads to come now. Right now. Like closer than now. Like now.

Now?

PS - Hey Tame! How's it hangin'?
                      So glad you are able to be back with us Dancer!!!!!!!

Can't add a thing to what you said except YUP Threads can't come fast enough!!!!

Running low on the MoJo but workingmy way BACK

HECK I am A SHIPPER and we ain't nothing if we ain't POSITIVE!!!!!!!

in other news just happy to be and be an asset to the team
                      and damn glad that monsoon is LEAVING!!!!!
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        Well, for me, I was reading on the S/J list -all five million posts- and then went to another forum and read there -all five million posts... so by the time I got here, and saw over 2 million posts waiting for me... I doubt I'll get through them tonight, but I'll start om this forum first and foremost tomorrow.

Sally
                        LOL Sally....do you ever sleep!!!!!
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

spoilers. affinity. season eight

Yes, I think she talked herself into it too.

Oh, man, bring on Threads already!!!

Sally
                          Just repeating you because I think this will be my new mantra.....Bring on Threads ALREADY!!!!

Comment

spoilers for s8's affinity

Argh, I didn't think of it like that. But, it is half-hearted, and Sam still loves Jack, so it only adds to Sam's ping-pong emotions and ours.

Sally
                            yeah but it is in our minds that Pete is still around and that is hard to take

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                              One take on Jack's reply to Sam:
                              Spoiler:

He said, "I wouldn't be HERE." emphasis on "here" IF that was in reference to Charlie, he could mean if Charlie hadn't died they would have never brought him on the first mission to Abydos. He was brought in because they knew he didn't care if he lived anymore, because of Charlie's death. At least that was my take on the movie. If Charlie were alive he'd never have seen the Stargate. As far as not leaving his wife and child, we've heard plenty that he's not always been home--probably after Charlie was born as well as before. On the other hand, that convo is open to several interpretations, some shippy, as TPTB wanted (and there was that shippy music.)

Spoiler:

Plus I've seen (think it was Lockdown) RDA say that they dealt with the whole Sara/Charlie thing in Cold Lazarus and that he was able to develop the character of Jack onwards from there. There's been very little reference to it since. Besides just because he'd not be with the Stargate programme and still with Sara had things turned out differently doesn't mean he's still in love with her IMO. We've all done that I'm sure, thought if "I'd said yes I'd be married to so and so" or something similar and felt quite neutral about it. Has anyone got a transcript of that scene so I can analyse it to death?

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
                                How is everyone? My neighbor just came over and asked me what was wrong - I guess I really look tired and cranky. I told her about Affinity and being a fan, she's pretty pissed too. She then offerend me to come over tonight and kill those three bottles of wine she keeps for "moments like these". "Let's get drunk and watch shippy episodes." Ain't she the best?

Yes, and yes! (To quote a certain Air Force Lt. Colonel ). I totally agree. I still can't bring myself to hate Pete, he really
                                Spoiler:
                                seems to be serious and he seems to really love her *ducks flying tomatoes and chairs*. Which makes it even more complicated, because if he were a jerk, I wouldn't feel sorry for him when she eventually dumps him. (See, I said 'when', not 'if'! HA!)

And now, for my motivational speech, Lord of the Rings-style:

*stands on table*
                                *decides not to stand on table for lack of balance*
                                *stands on soapbox*

Imagine yourselves in the very park
                                Spoiler:
                                where Pete proposed
                                . Now imagine me with a flag on a soap box, calling out to all shippers:

"Hold your ground! Hold your ground! My fellow fans and Shippers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Shippers fails, when we forget our favorite episodes and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day! An hour of Pete and shattered hopes, when seasons and seasons of Shippyness come crashing down, but it is not this day! This day, we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth (and elsewhere), I bid you - stand, Shippers!"*

*courtesy of Aragorn, son of Arathorn

Oh, and another thing: a friend of mine and I have been working on a music video to "Accidentally in Love" by Counting Crows. We'll put it online and I'll give you the link as soon as it's finished.
                                Really good! This made me laugh! You go girl!

Like the sig as well, "we forgot to lock the door" *s******s*

Comment

Working...
                                X