This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waterfall
    I AM SOOO GLAD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE TO SEE THIS!!!!
    Spoiler:

I'm not insane!!
    Here's my theory:
    Pete is nothing more than the alien from "Grace" making her think in ways she never thought of before and helping her to realize what she really wants and for her to be happy....with Jack!!
    How did I come to this theory??
    Again as in "Chimera" you never see Pete interacting with anyone but Sam.
    In the scene w/ the hot dog vendor when Pete says "thanks" for the hot dog, Sam nods to the hot dog guy and he nods back TO HER!
    In the scene w/ the swat team everyone ignores him totally and they only speak to Sam.They don't even act like Pete is even there.
    Has anyone seen a member of SG-1 (exept Sam) interact w/ Pete??
    Where did the ring come from?? Mabey it's leftover from Jonas Hansen or perhaps Orlin bought it for her on his "internet shopping spree"

I actually like this scenario because it would mean that Sam hasn't betrayed Jack for some shmuck and it's actually sci-fi.
    And it would mean that Jack is good enough for her because he would sacrafice his own happiness for her.

waterfall

I loved this! Makes perfect sense!

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
      ok, i just watched affinity. i haven't read anyone else's spoilers yet, so apologies if i repeat what anyone else said.

Spoiler:
      first of all, i can't believe she said yes. she took her time, she thought it over, and came to the wrong conclusion. it was almost as if she was saying yes in thanks cos he saved teal'c. but to be honest, he didn't do that much. sg1 could have figured that much out themselves. hell, i could have figured it out myself. and all they did by making pete the hero of the hour was make sam look stupid for not being able to work things out. and i don't care if he did help. he's still needy and manipulative, and is pushing her too far too fast.

i think the clue as to why she said yes was in her earlier conversation with daniel and teal'c

'they (society) make you afraid of being alone, but at the same time, tell you not to settle for anything less then a perfect romantic ideal.'. in other words, she can't have perfection (jack) so she's settling for pete, so she won't be alone.

as an aside, i'm roughly the same age as sam. i'm a little less intelligent. my job is not half as fulfilling. i'm not afraid of being alone, and i won't settle for anything less than my romantic ideal if and when i ever choose to settle down. some writers need to learn they can't just lift their view of women straight from bridget jones diary

and it's not cute, pete saying 'i don't want to run away from you, i want to stalk you'. it's insulting. he did behave like a stalker, we hve legitimate reasons for saying that, and making it a throwaway funny line just devalues our opinions. the supersam joke was funny, the stalker joke wasn't

this whole episode would have put me off watching stargate for ever, if it hadn't been for the one little sam and jack scene

first of all, he looked gorgoeus in that scene, in his black t-shirt. i love the way he came in and said, 'i never thought i'd say these words' and she looked all breathless for a moment, like he was going to say he loved her, but of course, it was the report.

and he noticed something was wrong 'you haven't tried to confuse me with scientific babble in the last few days, and that's a red flag to me'..that's so sweet

i can't believe she actually discussed it with him. the poor man looked heartbroken. can't she see that look in his eyes? but the fact she did proves how close they really are. didn't discuss it with daniel, or teal'c, just jack.

when he snapped the box shut, and put it down on the desk, it was like he was snapping up his whole relationship with sam, and pushing it away.

now for the bit that gives me the faintest glimmer of hope.

sam says 'what about you? if things had been different..'

jack says 'i wouldn't be here'

my interpretation of that is that he would have resigned for her. and the look in their eyes, they are so saying they love each other with their eyes, and i swear, he's saying he'd quit for her..and then

SHE STILL GOES AND SAYS YES!!. i don't hate her, but i'm disappointed in her. and i'd quit watching if it wasn't for that one scene. but i can't help feeling they're slipping in these little scenes to keep the shipper's hanging on, but continuing with the pete/sam storyline for a little longer. i'll continue watching it, but i'm not going to be enjoying the ship storyline until i know, one way or the other, what we're going to get.

but frankly, 99% of the sam/pete/jack stuff in this made me want to puke (and not just cos i ate an entire jar of peanut butter). on the other hand, i really loved the teal'c/daniel storyline...teal'c being a fan of changing rooms, and daniel still going non-verbal and big grins and puff and ruffle when a beautiful girl walks into the room

well, to quote daniel 'that just happens to be my opnion. what do you think?'
      I don't think I could say this better. Astute, well-thought-out, and right on target. If I were you, I'd put a stamp on it and send it as a letter.

Spoiler:
      Jack was so sweet and that scene broke my heart. The look on his face spoke volumes.

I'm still cringing over the fact that he didn't stop her but the more I think about it, the more I realize that there was nothing he *could* say. If he says don't do it, what's she going to think? Probably that he's holding her back. And that's not Jack, it's Pete. Jack would never try to bend her to him, he'll always wait for her to make the choice. He's not about pressure and manipulation like Pete. There's nothing Jack can say at this point without losing her anyway so he says nothing. At least that way he can hope she'll come to her senses.

As for the stalker comment, you're right. It's not funny. It's insulting and demeaning to the fans. And it's just about the proverbial last straw where I'm concerned. Even after Chimera, I didn't seriously consider leaving the show but that little comment made me seriously consider it. And the fact that I considered it, even for a moment, makes me VERY unhappy. I find myself saying and feeling a lot of things that I didn't feel 48 hours ago and I don't like it.

I thought the little speech same made about the ideal was crap. Complete and total crap. A device to tell us that hey, "she can't have Jack, so she decides that she doesn't believe in true love anyway". It's a Cop-out (pun intended, maybe *that's* why he's a cop...)! It's a flimsy way to say that Pete is better than nothing...um...no, PTB, he's not. As one who is now in a happy marriage for several years but was previously in an unhappy one, I can honestly say that if had my choice between reliving that bad marriage and being alone for the rest of my life--I would GLADLY choose alone, EVERY TIME!!

Maybe that little speech was what bothered Amanda. She's been saying all along that Sam doesn't need a man to complete her and yet here's Sam making a speech that she'd rather settle.
      Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
      Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
      Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
        The universe is out to get me. It never fails. It's 6:00 a.m. my time and despite the fact that I spent last nigh drinking way to many margaritas with my girlfriends in honor of Affinity and was up past midnight, my son has decided that 4:00 a.m. was a fine time to wake up and demand breakfast and cartoons. Luckily the water and aspirin I took last night....oh wait....I mean early this morning, have taken affect but I haven't had to function on less than 4 hours of sleep since he was a wee baby. And just because I have a masochistic streak I'm going to watch Affinity again. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
        Oh, you poor baby!

(((((((((((((((Shipperahoy)))))))))))))))

I know that feeling! Thankfully he decided to sleep in today though, I would not have been a happy camper! Here's hoping your son will go to bed early tonight and sleep in tomorrow!

Comment

Old fashioned spoiler space

Just before the GW site went error crazy someone posted a quote from RDA. It was something RDA said about Jack was going to go civilian as head of SG so as to resolve the S/J tapdance. Or similar. THEN, someone else answered--said, "Well, he's the boss so he'll have it happen." Or similar. Then nothing!! You'd think there would be plenty of discussion if he really did say that. Wha' happened? Did the writers of those posts delete them? I know I didn't imagine them. (But I'm beginning to wonder......).

Comment

wow. suddenly..i'm inspired! i feel...more certain!!! doubts are dissapaiting... wait..what's this strange new feeling rising up inside me..could it be..is it..yes..it's HOPE. maybe you're right!!! maybe we can prevail!!! we can win through, and though some will fall under the power of , twenty other shippers will rise and take our place!!! THE SHIP WILL NEVER FAIL!!!!

This day will go down in history as the day we faced out darkest foe, the mighty and prevailed!!! we shall end this day bloody, battered and worn, but victorious!!!

WE SHALL, THIS DAY, LIGHT SUCH A SHIPPER CANDLE AS WILL NEVER GO OUT!!!! VICTORY WILL BELONG TO US, FOR WE ARE PURE OF HEART!!!

do you ever get the feeling you're read lord of the rings one too many times?
            Ya Think? LMAO at this!!!!! Nothing like Tolkien to cheer a girl up!

Comment

Originally posted by -Jules-
              hi! ok,i'm not the biggest shipper BUT
              Spoiler:
              how can she just walk away from Jack like that?!?!? is she crazy!?!? *sigh* i'm really gonna miss the sam/jack shippyness. and i totally heard ship music lastnight! i almost wanted to cry when Jack looked at her like that after she showed him the ring. *S/J music* *sniff*
              Thanks for coming over! Good to have you!! LOVE your sig, btw! Hubs and I had a good laugh about that!!

Comment

forgive me, for i have coped with affinity by writing fluff. (well, it's two am, and this is the second affinity fic i've written today). it's called rain, and it should be in the link in my sig, so if post-affinity you need fluff, please feel free to help yourself
                Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

as long as we had the shallow lusting after male characters that weren't currently getting thier heart broken, we could survive
                  Yeah, I was all set to lust over
                  Spoiler:
                  that beautiful black t-shirt on Jack with sleeves pushed up! Now my lust will forever be tainted with images of Jack getting his heart broken, ACK!!! It's just not fair to ruin a perfectly good moment of lust so PTB can torture us!!!!! *whine*
                  Gads! I'm beginning to sound like my kids! At least there was all that lovely T and Daniel droolage! Don't know how I would have made it otherwise!

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                    OK Sam, step aside. I'm gonna quit my job, move to Colorado Springs, hunt down Jack O'Neill and give him the lovin' he deserves from a REAL WOMAN WHO KNOWS WHAT SHE'S ABOUT!! You had your chance!

Just had to get that off my chest Now I have to go back and catch up on all your posts before GW crashes again!
                    You go, girl!

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

if many of your thoughts include THIS SUCKS!!! and 'if doesn't leave sam alone and go back to denver soon i'm going to drag him back by his short and curlies', then no, you're not alone
                      I had just promised myself that I would stop replying so I could actually *hope* to catch up tonight then I saw this post and now I can't stop giggling!!

Comment

The sam and Jack wedding photo just ended at US $2,035.00

I wish I had that kind of money to spend. I would have paid that and more if I could.

Let's hope a shipper got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
                          I knew that there would be way too many posts to catch up with by the time my RL family let me at the computer...so I'll just give you my opinion and then try to catch up.

Hubs watched with me last night . He isn't a regular watcher (but I haven't given up yet) but he is a S/J shipper from what little he has seen. I didn't tell him anything about the show except that I wanted him to watch.
                          Spoilers S8 Affinity
                          Spoiler:
                          When gave Sam the ring, hubs said, "Uh Oh" and I said what. He said, "she can't make a committment" and I asked why. "Because she loves the general" was his reply. You can't beat that my fellow shippers. You see, Ship is in the air no matter who is watching or how much they have watched.

He also didn't have any comments on so that tells me that RDA is right, Is no threat to O'Neill.

I also must tell you that hubs calls Sam "Cutie". So Mad Gater I am sorry to say that you have to share your gutter with one more! He enjoyed the show, laughed in the right spots---I may have him hooked!
                          YAY, CRITTER!!!!! Sounds like you've just about hooked him!!!! See, now it's just a matter of time before he'll be as addicted as the rest of us LOL! I love what he said about the show too!!

I may get that mojo back after all, you guys cheer me up!

Comment

I'm going to be in Dallas Oct. 5 - 12 and could make a side trip to Austin during that time (if, of course, it's convenient and anyone else can come). I don't mean to sound pushy or come across like I'm inviting myself; I just think it sounds like a great idea!!

Anytime after the first of the year would do too; I just need a lot of advance time to schedule vacay at work. A Threads party sounds great! And there couldn't be a better night for a party than the episode where Sam and Jack declare their love for each other, kiss and have HWMS! I'd fly about anywhere to celebrate that!

Whatever you guys decide, keep me in mind, OK?
                            Sure thing! I'll post it here when we come up with something! As for the September weekend folks, I'm going to have to go ahead and cancel as I may not be back from mom's in time for it. Seems things with my grandmother could be a bit more serious than mom let on and the surgery could get complicated. Mom has broadband so I can come here and relax at least.

I think we should start talking seriously about dates once the fervor from this ep dies down. I PMed the mods and asked where to put a thread for the discussion, so I'll be starting one in the off-topic folder after I get back (sometime mid-September) but I'll let everyone know when I do.

Comment

I am having so much trouble getting onto GW right now. It's up, down, and inside out! Hope this post goes through.

A$$inity was bad, but not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

Note: If you're a lurking PTB, don't read too much into that! You still have a long way to go to dig us out out of this hole!
                              Spoiler:

If we have to have a scene where Jack finds out about the engagement (gak, choke), I think it was handled about as well as it could be. I liked it when he snapped the ring box shut as it suggested a door closing. Sam, you'd better take note!

OK Sam, step aside. I'm gonna quit my job, move to Colorado Springs, hunt down Jack O'Neill and give him the lovin' he deserves from a REAL WOMAN WHO KNOWS WHAT SHE'S ABOUT!! You had your chance!

Just had to get that off my chest Now I have to go back and catch up on all your posts before GW crashes again!
                              RIGHT ON, GIRL!!! I think there are several of us who could give that man so much lovin' he'd say "Sam, who?"

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
                                Sorry people, I'm still reading through stuff...
                                very mild spoilers
                                Spoiler:
                                Sam does seem to have a bit of a thing for controlling men... Jonas Hanson, for example?
                                Yes, she does, doesn't she? I believe the quote from First Commandment was 'a thing for the lunatic fringe'. Rather appropriate for Pete, don't ya think?

Comment

Working...
                                X