Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG! It's alive!!!! I swear I was experienceing withdrawl symptoms.

Incredibly minor spoiler for season 7 Chimera

Spoiler:
    Oh and I was reading the Robert Cooper interview at rdanderson.com and I had no idea that they originally offered the Pete Shanahan role to Ben Browder but he turned it down. If it had been Ben I wouldn't have blamed Sam for taking him back. Yum. Y.U.M.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally Posted by JSDT
      Alright...I did it...I made a video.

It's Breathe by Michelle Branch.

The link is http://www.geocities.com/jsdt032201/jsdt.

Please be kind...it's my first attempt.

Ignore the web page...I just put that together tonight so I could put my video up. I'll be working on that tomorrow.
      Well Done!!! Excellent!! Marvellous!!! Now that you've started, you are required to feed the insatiable appetite of Shippers! Keep them coming!!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
        OMG! It's alive!!!! I swear I was experienceing withdrawl symptoms.

Spoiler:
        Oh and I was reading the Robert Cooper interview at rdanderson.com and I had no idea that they originally offered the Pete Shanahan role to Ben Browder but he turned it down. If it had been Ben I wouldn't have blamed Sam for taking him back. Yum. Y.U.M.
        I was CRANKY ALL DAY....and I finally decided it was because I couldn't get into the forum....I was not impressed with myself...but honest

minor spoiler to Ship Mums spoiler kind of little about Jacks rank
        Spoiler:
        yes but even the cute wittle ones she has to throw back for Jack
        I just can't believe after all that has gone on ..reading those interviews and having all of them STILL saying *the regs* *the regs* are keeping them apart. My Husband who has 10 years military fell off the couch laughing his butt off when he heard the Jack was going to be a Geveral and the AF approved it. At that moment he said NEVER say to him EVER again that the AF is expecting this show to adhere to any known regs that apply to real life. Jack would have never made it past the stokade in any unit he was in. So I think TPTB are just using a lot of fast talk to keep the UST going . thats my story and I am stickin to it
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar

Sometimes I get frustrated that TPTB do alot of double talking because they don't think they have it in them to actually write it well so it is easier to *blame* it on the fans or *other shows* failures........

When RST is written WELL it is an asset to a show
          Boy, is this forum running choppy.

Anyhoo, I think the ptb have it in them to write Sam and Jack together in a relationship. I really do. But I think they realize that they'd have to change the structure of Sg-1 -like they've done with Jack being leader of the base now; and aren't we missing the old structure?- so it's 'don't mess with it till it's safe' (end of show).

Sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

I realized today just how addicted I am to this forum! Serious withdrawl with all the technical problems that kept me (and apparently many others) out.

Addressing the UST, I don't think many of us would be here if it had been resolved early. I know there's more to the show than UST between jack and sam. (Hard to believe reading everyone's posts ) But I agree that when a show is wrapping up as TPTB are talking about, then we need some closure. I'm a big fan of the La Femme Nikita series. And through out the 5 seasons the show was on, Michael and Nikita totally took care of the physical tension between them in the bedroom. But the writers of the show kept them apart emotionally till in the last episode there was some peace. They reached an emotional level - together. I'm looking for the same peace with S/J. If TPTB say the regs. won't allow S/J to hook up, then atleast let them (and us) find that emotional peace.
            "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
            "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
            Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
            Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
            "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
            Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
            Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
            (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy

Spoiler:
              Spoiler:
              I'd read that too. I'm *so* glad they didn't use Ben Browder... he's soooooo cute! He also reminds me of MS, so I'd feel some weird vibe that Sam really wanted Daniel instead... we really don't need more levels of angst to this S/J arc as it is. But like you said... I could understand Sam taking THIS Pete back if he'd been played by Ben...... I don't need those conflicting feelings!

Sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ra-hanna

<snip>

I'm a big fan of the La Femme Nikita series. And through out the 5 seasons the show was on, Michael and Nikita totally took care of the physical tension between them in the bedroom. But the writers of the show kept them apart emotionally till in the last episode there was some peace. They reached an emotional level - together.

*eyes bulge*

Michael and Nikita slept together all that time, but didn't actually get together till the end?.... I COULD HAVE LIVED WITH THAT WITH SAM AND JACK! Dang, there was a show that took some chances!

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

I will try to answer your questions, Madeleine, *if the forum lets me before I'm thrown off again*.

QUOTE=Madeleine_W:
                  Anyway, going by the season *so far* (I'm purposely coming in to ask *before* Affinity or Threads ) are you happy with the season so far, ship-wise? Is it shippy? Is it projection-shippy, interpretation-shippy, or actual-shippy?

I'm semi-happy with the season so far, shipwise. I know the ptb want to pull back from the big ship we'd gotten in the last half of season 7 -because of an 8th season renewal- but it's odd to go from Sam so obviously wanting Jack at the end of LC to her still being with her bf. Do I think this season so far is shippy? Yes, but subtly. For me, because I know that Sam and Jack love/want each other, I see that chemistry together in all their scenes basically. Most of their scenes are interpretation/projection shippy, but there's moments here and there that are spot on. Like their reunion scene in NO. But really, it's to each her/his own in this department.

And if you like it, do you like it in a "yes, this is how it should be" way, or a "yes it's okay but only cos it's not anti-shippy, I need more eventually" way?

If I had to pick, I'd pick 'yes it's okay, but only cos it's not anti-shippy, I need more eventually.'

Just curious. I haven't seen beyond New Order, but I'm aware that a lot of anti-shippers have been happier with s8 so far than they were with s7 in general, and I was wondering if that meant that y'all would be less happy, or if it meant a balance has been found.

With Pete being in the picture, no real balance can be found. He's a constant reminder of what we're wishing the S/J relationship was being shown like. And I'm talking about the romance scenes and engagement stuff. I don't mind subtle ship -until they get together at the end- but adding a bf or gf for either one only emphasizes what we're missing with Sam and Jack.

I don't know if this has really answered your questions, Madeleine, because each shipper has her/his own desires and wishes just waiting to be fulfilled. It's like asking 'how do you feel?' to 50 ppl, and getting 50 different answers.

Sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Woohoo! I can get back on the site! What happened?
                    I just found out I have to wait till October *OCTOBER!!!* for Season 8... my eyesight is already being damaged by squinty versions!!
                    You know A$$inity airs the day after my exam results...? It could push me over the edge if I've failed everything....

Comment

The forum are working again!!
                      I couldn't get on all of yesterday I was begining to suffer major withdrawl symptoms!!

Anyway..WELCOME! to the 3 shippers who decided to unlurk!!! (I forgot to make notes of your names, and I don;t want to attempt to write them cause I know i'll get them wrong )

I'm going to have to push my self-control to the limit now. I've got a lot of homework that has got to be done before I go back to school and i've only got this week to do it. So i'm going to have to try to stay away from the forums for a bit.
                      I shouldn't miss much, there's not usually that many people here this time of the day.

Last edited by Sam_o_Neill; 17 August 2004, 12:56 AM.

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
                        Woohoo! I can get back on the site! What happened?
                        I just found out I have to wait till October *OCTOBER!!!* for Season 8... my eyesight is already being damaged by squinty versions!!
                        You know A$$inity airs the day after my exam results...? It could push me over the edge if I've failed everything....
                        I couldn't get onto Gateworld yesterday either, I thought it was probably just my computer playing up but I think it was something to do with Gateworld cause quite a few people had problems

And I can't believe we have to wait till October!!! I guess it is only fair because Sci-Fi didn't air it till late either but I can't wait that long!!

I'm sure your exam results will be fine!! and you know you could always be on the safe side and not watch A$$inity until you have read what our other family members think? It might save you from going over the edge.

A tip for all of the brave members of the shipper family who are planning on watching A$$inity the first time it airs.....make sure you have a Potato and a fork/knife at the ready...whenever you see or whenever annoys you STAB THE POTATO!!
                        It always helps me
                        ....or if you don't have a potato make sure you at least have a few things ready that culd be thrown at the TV screen whenever pops up

off to do homework now

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                          Kel'dor could never be mad at you. Though he was worried sick. He was starting to wonder if you took an impromptu trip thru the 'gate. He was just about to get the ribbon device ready to rescue you from whatever snakey b------ captured you when you popped in.
                          Oh.wow.Thanks Kel'dor.That's so sweet...Although I can defend myself, you know...I took lessons from Sam!
                          There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                          sigpic
                          awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

*Kel'dor pulls col aga into calming hug*

Kel'dor: There there!!!! It's OK. They're just a bunch of nutcases who need time in the padded room section of the Shipper Town Insane Asylum.
                            Kel'dor I don't know what I would have done without you!My hero! And I like your way of thinking. Any idea how we can perform this transfer??See I'm already calmer...*Col Aga doesn't want to let go of Kel'dor and she can see that he begins to wonder what he had gotten himself into*

Kel'dor: But you do look really beautiful when you're angry like that.
                            You really think so?*Aga is batting her eyelashes*
                            There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                            sigpic
                            awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              Spoiler:
                              I'd read that too. I'm *so* glad they didn't use Ben Browder... he's soooooo cute! He also reminds me of MS, so I'd feel some weird vibe that Sam really wanted Daniel instead... we really don't need more levels of angst to this S/J arc as it is. But like you said... I could understand Sam taking THIS Pete back if he'd been played by Ben...... I don't need those conflicting feelings!

Sally
                              Just a quick post before I head off to work... (I couldn't get in all day yesterday from work or home... knew the Family had to be suffering severe withdrawal symptoms!)

You read my thoughts w/your post.
                              Spoiler:
                              I think I was catching FS & just getting into SG & kept going 'hmmmmm'.... why does this Michael guy seem so familiar??? Then it hit me - he almost be BB's twin! (no offense meant to MS fans....) But the squinty looks, the shape of the head, some of the actions... And yes, (no offense to the DDL fans...) I definitely coulda seen Sam fall into deep like w/Ben's PS character...

But no... wait a minute... I take that back. It goes back to the writing. IMO it would have been hard for any actor to make the writing in Chimaera work & not make them come off appearing like a blankety-blank.
                              Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 17 August 2004, 04:43 AM. Reason: fixed it
                              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                I don't have the exact wording of Damien Kindlers
                                newest interview, but he was basically saying that UST
                                -unresolved sexual tension- is more appealing to fans
                                than RST -resolved sexual tension. Do you feel the
                                same?

For me, I prefer the RST. The UST is fun (for a
                                while), but it's like living off the chase entirely,
                                without enjoying experiencing the destination.

What's your take on it?

Sally
                                The UST is fun. And appealing. And necessary.
                                But after 8 years of it... how much longer can you drag it out? It stops being cute. It stops being fun. It begins being a turnoff... like OD-ing on cotton candy?

But (MO) when SG goes into its 8th and pretty clearly final year & TPTB commit the female lead into a serious relationship w/someone else, the S/J UST seems kind of "huh ???!!" at that point because even though we (Shippers) know there are deep S/J feelings, it seems so out of character for Sam... (since she's the only one shown to us worrying aloud about the PS ship)

They should move to resolve the S/J ship to RST. Not over-the-top RST- IMO that'd be one way to kill any RST & the show really quick. Just make it as subtle as the ship use to be. (RST if written well can be just as enticing, just as titillating, just as much of a viewer hook as UST can be.)

Oh well... see y'all tonight, Forum permitting ...
                                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Working...
                                X