This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SG1Poz
    Sally, here's the quote from Amanda in the interview posted August 9th here at Gateworld. The title is called something like Gating to Season Nine?

Amanda Tapping ("Samantha Carter") is also pondering whether or not it's time to move on. "It's really a double-edged sword," she told Femme Fatales magazine. "It's been such a phenomenal run and such a great time, that maybe it is time to let it go. At the same time, it's very scary because there's so much invested in it and we're all such a family. ... This has been a great job, but there's a huge part of Amanda Tapping the actress who wants to play characters that don't wear combat boots."

THANK YOU!, I thought it might have been the Femme Fatales interview, but you were good enough to do the leg work to find it.

Bucky

Comment

The more I hear about RDA being ready to move on and AT also having doubts as to her desire to continue, the more I think season 9 is a poor idea in general. Eight seasons is a good run. It'd be a shame if this turned into another X-files thing where they kept going too long. I'd rather see them tie up the stories they have and shift into the miniseries/movie area in the future.

Realistically, I doubt it'll go that way. TV isn't exactly a quit while you're ahead industry.
      *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
        The more I hear about RDA being ready to move on and AT also having doubts as to her desire to continue, the more I think season 9 is a poor idea in general. Eight seasons is a good run. It'd be a shame if this turned into another X-files thing where they kept going too long. I'd rather see them tie up the stories they have and shift into the miniseries/movie area in the future.

Realistically, I doubt it'll go that way. TV isn't exactly a quit while you're ahead industry.
        I know what you mean. RDA and AT have brought so much to the show that they really can't make a good season 9 without them, IMHO. I also think a 9th year would be problematic in general since I don't think there aren't enough dangling story lines for another season.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky
          THANK YOU!, I thought it might have been the Femme Fatales interview, but you were good enough to do the leg work to find it.

Bucky
          Your quite welcome

I just had a thought (it happens. Wouldn't it be shocking if RDA signed on but AT declined to do a season 9. The show wouldn't be the same without her either IMHO. I'll bet that even AT wouldn't be as gung-ho to do a season 9 without RDA if she'd sign on at all if he left.
          We must have the Sam and Jack grand finale this season. Hopefully the PTB will do the opposite of the cliche, Comes in like a Lion but out like a Lamb. I wouldn't be satisfied with Sam saying ok to going fishing with Jack as a decent resolution for 8 years of shippiness. It must go out with a bang to satisfy this shippy heart

Comment

(((((((((((shipper family))))))))))))

I'm gonna read some fic and go to bed. See ya tomorrow.

Comment

Yea, it's the midnight hour here. I'm going to bed and reading some fics

Goodnight all and remember to say a prayer for those folks in Florida who were ravished by Hurricane Charley.

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                I don't know him at all other than his posts on GW. But if he was just trying to keep shippers around then he would play both sides (antis), and I don't see him doing that. He has chosen his posts carefully, and in Threads that are of interest to him. Also, JM posted a "Happy Ship Day" message! There would be no advantage to do that. I mean, "Ship Day" was meaningful to shippers, and he didn't need to send a message to us but he WANTED to send us that message! Hmmm....I need to send him a thank you card. *goes in search of perfect postcard*
                Maybe . . . I'm still afraid that they're intentions are mercenary ("they" being all the PTB). Yes, JM has come here and bolstered us, but couldn't it be that each "sect" in the fandom has a PTB designated to act as, for lack of a better term, liaison? We get JM, maybe because he's a bit of a shipper himself, while the Solutions folk might have RCC. (Who knows who could be over there telling *them* to hang in there and not jump to conclusions.) And the Teal'c fans might have Paul. . . etc, etc.

I'm so sorry, but I no longer have it in me to blindly trust TPTB, that they'll make everything turn out all right for us shippers. I hope I'm wrong, but I think I need an extra-strong cookie or something. I also find it interesting that JM hasn't posted a word in the shipper forum since we'd started suspecting that "Thread"
                Spoiler:
                wouldn't necessarily end with J and S together, might even end with her going back to after she sees Kerry at Jack's house, and the spoilers were probably posted just to keep us watching (and their $$ coming in) after A$$inity.

Anybody got a cookie?
                - Mary
                SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                  I liked "Avatar" as well.

Spoilers:

Spoiler:
                  There wasn't much ship in the episode except for those couple of knowing looks and smiles, but I liked the episode anyway.
                  This is sorta OT, but
                  Spoiler:
                  am I the only one who laughed at the VR representative of Daniel? His hair was just . . . wrong, and he looked more like Harry Potter to me! LOL. I wish we'd gotten to see VR Jack and VR Sam . . .

Oooh, wait a minute. How intriguing . . . Sam and Jack in VR . . . Hmmmm . . . there's a fic in there somewhere . . . <vbEg>
                  - Mary
                  SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                  Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

First...prayers going out to everyone and their families in Florida.

Next...I have begun putting together the notebook I am going to present to Amanda at the convention on the 27th. If anyone would like to email me a letter to include, my email address is [email protected]. I would like to receive all the letters by the 25th. Thanks!
                    Tasha
                    JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Hey kids!!! , I have been a long time without entering the forum, apparently you have been quite busy ...... two thousand and something of posts!! ..... I do not believe that I could read them all ..... any rumour that I should know?? ....... anything??
                      IM GLAD TO BE HERE TONIGHT

"To the world you may be one person,
                      but to one person you may be the world"

- Bill Wilson –

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                        Spoiler:
                        In addition, we know that
                        puts a down payment on a home for him and Sam in Threads. I don't think he would do that without an engagement.

Oh I think I'm gonna be sick. Where is that bucket?
                        Me too... sick in the heart.

Bring on Affinity already!!!

Sally :/
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Personally, I think the shippers who watch THAT episode for the family deserve the
                          SHIPPER MEDAL OF COURAGE!!!!!!!.

As mayor of Shipper Town, I will personally pin a medal on each shipper's chest at the Shipper Town Hall at an appropriate ceremony attended by all Shipper Town residents !
                          Mayor Ship Nana? I'm planning on watching it - after all, if I can survive two characters on "The West Wing" I can handle this episode! I'll do it for the Shipper Family!
                          sigpic

Comment

Personally, I think the shippers who watch THAT episode for the family deserve the
                            SHIPPER MEDAL OF COURAGE!!!!!!!.

As mayor of Shipper Town, I will personally pin a medal on each shipper's chest at the Shipper Town Hall at an appropriate ceremony attended by all Shipper Town residents !
                            Hehe, thanks!

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

I WANNA SEE NEW SAM/JACK'S VIDEOS!!!!......can anyone tell were I can find them...PLEASE!!!!

"To the world you may be one person,
                              but to one person you may be the world"

- Bill Wilson –

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                                http://www.e-net.or.jp/user/ncc-1701/Amanda/ - On the front page of this website there's a link to a little biography about AT. She has 3 brothers named RICK, CHRIS, AND MICHAEL. How's that for coincidence??

If I'm remembering this right, Amanda's brothers names are Richard, Chris, and Stephen. She has a step-brother named Michael. That's still great!

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X