This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELLO SHIPPERS!!!!

I'm sooooo glad everyone seems to be in better spirits!
    That's the spirit, make fun of those so-called spoilers, cuz we know Sam and Jack will be together in the end! (how's that for positive thinking??? )

I had a weird dream last night, it might have been what I ate or the thunderstorm but do ya wanna hear it??
    Yeah, I even dream Stargate, I know I'm weird!
    Ok, here it is.
    Sam and were at her house and Jacob came to visit and they told Jacob that asked Sam to marry her and Selmac took over and was really mad and grabbed by the throat, held him up against the wall with voice booming yelled at him (with eyes flashing)that "you are interfering in the master plan and to leave Sam and never see her again" then he threw him down.
    got up and looked scared sh*tless and told Sam "sorry, I can't marry you, I'm outta here!!" Then he ran out of the house. Fast.
    Sam asked "why did you do that?" Jacob just shrugged and said "I didn't it was Selmac, but if he scared that easy, I'm glad he's gone"
    Sam looked at the open door and said "me too"
    Then I woke up. Cool dream, huh?
    If anyone wants that for fic fodder, be my guest.

Also,I got conformation of my Con tickets last night, I bought the "better" ones so that I could get the autograph with CJ just so I could talk to him!

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
      humina humina...a *glistening* RDA.... oh,wrong thread...
      ok, but I did put up a glistening Mac pic on the THUNK thread the other night and no one noticed!

sooo, back on topic:

Do we need spoiler space here too? Lost City P2....7
      Last 'conversation' between Jack and Sam just after The Boyz showed up:

Just wondering, if he says in New Order that he doesn't remember anything after he got his head sucked into that thing again, does that mean he doesn't remember Sam's visit or when they 'talked' on the ship??

Yeah, but I thought Thor said that his memory would return eventually.

We can only hope!

Comment

Originally Posted by SNY
        Lets celebrate this new thread with a new vid! It's a Sam and Jack tribute, dedicate to all the shippers!

Sam and Jack tribute (6,47 MB)
        Has scenes from seasons 1, 4 & 5 with no spoilers. Music from "28 days after" soundtrack...

SNY

Originally posted by getcarter
        OOOOOOOhhhhhhh....all I can say is......WOW!
        Oh, you can never go wrong with SNY! I'm in total and complete awe of this woman. Btw, SNY, another great one!

Sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
          It's quite horrifying really!!
          bite your tongue!

You realise this means that we've posted 10,000 (yes ten THOUSAND) posts about shippiness, and given the average view that's around ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND views!! *kiwigater is flabbergasted*
          yes, we are the most prolific on Gateworld

Here's to another 10 threads!
          tired fingers...must dip and eat shipper cookies....

yuum, I like these indigo cookies! Allows me to see Affinity photos and then pretend they don't exist
          hey, quit hogging those!

OK shippers, now ya'll know I like to bring a sedate, calm, sensible, even analytic look to our shipping efforts. Kiwigater has graciously provided us the view from 10,000 feet (a pun, get it )...thanks sweetie!!

I wanted to look at the average number of days it took us to close a thread...take a look:

Thread I 13 days
          Thread II 10 days
          Thread III 11 days
          Thread IV 13 days
          Thread V 16 days (must have been an off week)
          Thread VI 8 days
          Thread VII 4 days
          Thread VIII 2, yes 2 days, but this was the dreaded spoiler
          Thread IX 5 days

Total days we've been posting: 82; total threads completed: 9; on average we close a thread in 9.11 days, BUT since Thread VI we have been trending under 10 days.

OK, for the compare and contrast, both the Anti Ship and the Sam/ threads have been established right around when we were, give or take a day or so. Still on their first thread...seems to take days sometimes (verses minutes here) for someone to post.

Whew!! I need a drink refill, that was thirsty work!

humms, I think I'll go look at some fanfic (that Slow Dances one was GREAT), give the other threads time to catch up did I say that out loud?

Di

Comment

humina humina...a *glistening* RDA.... oh,wrong thread...
            ok, but I did put up a glistening Mac pic on the THUNK thread the other night and no one noticed!
            Aw, Mala, *I* noticed! How can I not notice any and all glistening RDA?!?

It's just that, you know, he was so *youngish* -- and there's nothing wrong
            with that! But I like RDA as Jack, preferably with AT as Sam with her legs
            entangled with glistening Jack, and... er... oops!

That picture exists only in this waste heap I call my mind! LOL

OzGirl

If by "fond" you mean droolworthy, hummable, coma-causing, breath-stealing, lustful, libidinous
            appreciation of the First Hussy Magnitude for Jack & his splendid, dirty, sweaty, sun-kissed, lithe-fingered,
            full-bottom-lipped, lickable-eared, agile-tongued, long-necked, silver-haired, gracefully moving body
            in all its fantasmagorical glory, then--- yes. I am also "fond." -- OzGirl

Comment

Originally posted by OzGirl
              Sorry, I posted this at the end of the previous thread, so here it is in the
              new place.

OMG, NO!!! Sam = Scarlett is an insult. Scarlett was selfish and destroyed
              every man she came in contact........ OK, maybe there *is* a similarity.

But Sam & Jack should be romantic and caring, not tempestuous, with
              egos clashing. (Melanie and Ashley really loved each other beyond words.
              But Melanie was bland. Sam is not bland, either.)

And Jack is not full of himself like Rhett. Jack is unassuming, and "Why would
              you marry a loser like myself?"

I don't see the connection.

OzGirl
              Ok, then what movie do you think Sam should watch to get her mojo back..you know, to regain that 'kick-but', take no crap attitude balanced with caring for her team, esp. Jack? (That was the original challenge)

Di

Comment

Originally posted by OzGirl
                Aw, Mala, *I* noticed! How can I not notice any and all glistening RDA?!?

It's just that, you know, he was so *youngish* -- and there's nothing wrong with that!
                oh you know I much prefer the *oldish* Jack...but unless I start getting 'creative' again, I doubt if we'll have any new 'glistening' ones...

But I like RDA as Jack, preferably with AT as Sam with her legs entangled with glistening Jack, and... er... oops!

That picture exists only in this waste heap I call my mind! LOL

OzGirl
                hey!! THAT picture only exists in YOUR waste heap?? I thought that was MY waste heap! I get confused...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
                  HELLO SHIPPERS!!!!

That's the spirit, make fun of those so-called spoilers, cuz we know Sam and Jack will be together in the end! (how's that for positive thinking??? )

I had a weird dream last night, it might have been what I ate or the thunderstorm but do ya wanna hear it??
                  Ok, here it is.
                  Sam and were at her house and Jacob came to visit and they told Jacob that asked Sam to marry her and Selmac took over and was really mad and grabbed by the throat, held him up against the wall with voice booming yelled at him (with eyes flashing)that "you are interfering in the master plan and to leave Sam and never see her again" then he threw him down.
                  got up and looked scared sh*tless and told Sam "sorry, I can't marry you, I'm outta here!!" Then he ran out of the house. Fast.
                  Sam asked "why did you do that?" Jacob just shrugged and said "I didn't it was Selmac, but if he scared that easy, I'm glad he's gone"

Also,I got conformation of my Con tickets last night, I bought the "better" ones so that I could get the autograph with CJ just so I could talk to him!

waterfall
                  waterfall, send over whatever YOU'RE drinking
                  Di

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                    http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/helio2...thethings.html

Here it is, I haven't posted it on GW yet. I have to reformat the file for each different place I post. I wish they all used the same format!!! ARGH! I think the italics and bold fonts are important to the story.

Thanks for your interest!
                    Just read your story and it was great! Very well written and you have a real feel for Sam and Jack!
                    Ship Nana

Comment

TAME! Thank you!! Again!! Glad to see you're feeling better - I was going to post this for you to help make you feel better (these posts should come with a Tame and Mala lovefest warning!!)...

I totally forgot about Episode 1.19 - There but for the Grace of God when we were all making nominations and voting for favorite shippy shows - but here's a nice scrubbed cap (that scene is so badly lit for ship-watchers!):

What a nice hug (although AU) - reminds me of the one in Heroes part 2...
                      I liked this AU (in terms of ship) more; that POV kiss bugged me a bit, but I love the c'mere and 'I love you'...

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                      ~Imzadi
                      describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                      Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Phew! I was expecting maybe to only have to catch up on 2 pages at most from the old thread.. but 6!!!! Yikes! I wonder if we'll ever to be able to pull off 1 thread in maybe a day and a half... now that would be awesome!!

*sidenote: CheveronSeven, I just figured out today where your quote was from (yes it took me that long LOL). I've been getting my friend addicted to SG and we just finished S2 and when I heard Jack say that line I remembered someone from this thread had that quote and kinda smacked my head like DUH!

Anyhoo back ontopic S&J All The Way!!! (crosses fingers for some good S/J interaction in the upcoming episode Friday!)

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
                        MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
                          I cannot believe we're on thread X already. I've been sick since Wednesday and I'm finally well enough to get on-line again...then I see I'm 45 PAGES behind! I'm going to have to catch up later. Did I miss anything good?

Kiwigater and Di- I did skim the last few pages from thread IX and yes, I am going to the convention in Chicago too. Alas, I am poor, so I could only afford the Preferred Weekend ticket. E-mail me or PM me if you are interested in meeting there.

Also, does everyone still want me to take another copy of the letter from the "family" and individual letters to give to Amanda when I go? If you want to send me individual letters you can do so anytime until August 26th. I'll check my e-mail and print things off until the day before I leave.
                          Sorry that you've been under the weather.

Here is the shipper cookie that is guaranteed to make you feel better.

Ship Nana's prescription is to take 3 Pale Green Shipper Cookies (used for medicinal purposes by sick shippers - contains lots of shipper love and Ship Nana's secret ingredients for chicken soup) and call me in the morning if you are not better.
                          Ship Nana

Comment

Okay, while I was sitting here folding laundry, a thought occured to me...

Spoilers-S8...just New Order, I think

Sam and Jack
                            Sam and Jack
                            Sam and Jack
                            Sam and Jack
                            Sam and Jack
                            Sam and Jack
                            Sam and Jack
                            Sam and Jack
                            Sam and Jack
                            Sam and Jack
                            Sam and Jack
                            Sam and Jack
                            Sam and Jack

Not that I want in any more episodes, but what if the replicator Sam, the real Sam, Jack and were in some sort of confrontational situation and Jack was the only one able to tell which Sam was the REAL Sam? I just thought that may make an interesting revelation as to who really knows Sam better and would show Sam her true connection is with Jack.
                            Tasha
                            JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
                              HELLO SHIPPERS!!!!

Ok, here it is.

waterfall
                              Hmmm... Tame and I were just discussing the need for a humorous fic...

(Mei Mei's mind is racing about)

hasn't met the in-laws yet... Wonder what he'd think of a future father-in-law when the future mother-in-law is a snake in daddy's head! Definately an interesting take!

"Though this be madness, yet there is method in 't."

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
                                Ok, then what movie do you think Sam should watch to get her mojo back..you know, to regain that 'kick-but', take no crap attitude balanced with caring for her team, esp. Jack? (That was the original challenge)

Di
                                Well, let's see. Parts of Out of Africa might work. The lead character
                                stood up for her farm against the All Male establishment and managed
                                to find romance in a plane with Robert Redford as well. Maybe not.

I guess there aren't a whole lot of kick-butt women in films. Alien (the first
                                one) showed a kick-butt woman, but too bad the rest of her team died.
                                Bad example.

Sam could watch The African Queen with Katherine Hepburn and Humphrey Bogart
                                to see two people who seemed quite different struggle together to beat the
                                odds and kick the backsides of the bad guys.

If by "fond" you mean droolworthy, hummable, coma-causing, breath-stealing, lustful, libidinous
                                appreciation of the First Hussy Magnitude for Jack & his splendid, dirty, sweaty, sun-kissed, lithe-fingered,
                                full-bottom-lipped, lickable-eared, agile-tongued, long-necked, silver-haired, gracefully moving body
                                in all its fantasmagorical glory, then--- yes. I am also "fond." -- OzGirl

Comment

Working...
                                X