X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Third Floor Relic
    :::Blink:::

Reeeally. Now, that's...hopeful. Don't you think that's hopeful? I think it's hopeful.

Thanks for the report! I feel better a bit now.
    Yes, I find it to be hopeful. I'm easy though. (Not like that! )
    Tasha
    JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Originally posted by Third Floor Relic
      :::Blink:::

Reeeally. Now, that's...hopeful. Don't you think that's hopeful? I think it's hopeful.

Thanks for the report! I feel better a bit now.

well yes ..it looks hopeful but I don't think we'll get a love making scene even if they spend a whole episode fishing ...may be lots of kisses!!!! ...to make up for a waste of time That will do I suppose ...but I want to see them in bed ..like Mulder and Scully....preferably under the covers.

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
        Woo hoo! Delurking day on the shipper thread.
        I'm sure the Atlantis premiere had something to do with it. Something in the water, maybe? I'd been lurking here for a while and suddenly had this overpowering urge to actually participate. Dunno why. It just happened.
        Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received. - Lorien

Comment

Originally posted by T-Gate
          Hi Folks,

I am a long, long time lurker. This is my first post anywhere. It is pretty scary for me to be doing this, but seeing that I can offer some information which may ease some of my fellow shippers' minds, I thought I'd take the plunge. I am not terribly computer literate and am not sure if I am doing this correctly. So if I screw it up, please forgive me.

I am a big fan of Sam, and I love Amanda. Anyway, I just came back from Gatecon. I did not record the events and so am relying on my memory (which is not always the most reliable thing to do!!!)
          Regarding Amanda's answer to the question if they had one whole episode for themselves, what would they like to do, I'd like to first mention that the audience seemed to be pretty evenly split between shippers and non-shippers. Not wanting to appear to be taking sides, I BELIEVE Amanda used the word 'appease' (not 'encourage') in her reply.
          She basically said, "Not to appease the shippers, but I'd like to spend a whole episode fishing". (I keep trying to put in smiley faces but keep getting a colon with letters instead).
          Again, these are not necessarily her exact words, but the basic gist of what she said. It was a nice shippy statement, and she prefaced it the way she did so as to not offend the non-shippers. (If 'appease' is the wrong word, I apologize. Hopefully Marimba can confirm it. It was definitely not at all offensive to shippers though).

During the photo session, I told Amanda that I hoped she was not annoyed with shippers because of the Pete situation and that while we might not agree or like everything that was going on, that many of us still loved her.
          She then replied that she was not annoyed at all. In fact, she enjoys hearing the different viewpoints from fans because it means that they feel passionate about the show. I then brought up the fact that she had used the word "tough" in the interview. She basically said that things often get taken out of context and that she would never have said anything that would be mean to the fans. She then actually asked me to let the fans know this. I said I would do so if I ever delurked. So here I am! AMANDA IS NOT ANNOYED WITH US SHIPPERS AND SHE DOES CARE ABOUT OUR FEELINGS!

So, Fellow Shippers, take heart!

Besides this, there were no shippy spoilers revealed to my recollection. In fact Amanda said she does not know how it will end.

Well that's my mini con report. Don't know if I'll be doing any more posting, but I do enjoy reading what you good folks write. I laugh, cry, cringe and hope together with all of you.

Long Live Sam & Jack!
          All the best
          Toni
          WELCOME T-GATE!!!!!!!

Kel'dor (my Tok'ra symbiote) is honored to meet you as well.

Those cookies are great, aren't they?

Grab a slice of pizza and a beer and post lots!!!!!!!!!

Comment

And on a completely different subject!

to all the newbies!! We're delighted you ate the red cookies
            Now, put your feet up, indulge in the cookies and beverages, and make sure you take the time to book your session with the So-Cal commune therapist (also known as the kitchen with Ship Nana )

Wow, I have an early night last night , and miss a good 10 PAGES!! Looks like we'll need a new home sometime today too! (mad-gater, I trust you're on the case...... or should I say footlocker!)
            BTW, yaaaaay Kri and aurulan (Jaffa fodder no more )

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
              I think GW is having issues with their fic section. I tried to upload some of my little ficlets and I kept getting an "internal server error."

Issues? Did you say ISSUES? Slowly I turn. Step, by step....
              Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                well yes ..it looks hopeful but I don't think we'll get a love making scene even if they spend a whole episode fishing ...may be lots of kisses!!!! ...to make up for a waste of time That will do I suppose ...but I want to see them in bed ..like Mulder and Scully....preferably under the covers.

Caty
                Well, they won't actually be catching any fish. It is Jack's lake, ya know. So they'll have to do something "productive" to pass the time.
                Tasha
                JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

OT: How many posts are necessary before you must start another Sam/Jack Shipper thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                    I want to borrow him! Oh Pleassssse, Oh Pleassse, Oh Pleassssse!!!
                    You know there's this little place called the Gutter.....
                    There's LOTS to admire over there

Comment

Originally posted by col aga
                      Do you really want to know? lol
                      I decided to go to Poznan University, it's 1 of 3 the best universities in Poland and 1 of 3 schools in whole country where I can study at Oriental Institute.
                      And it isn't all...Polish .But I understand that this is completely incomprehensible for you and that's okay. American and Polish educational systems are very different.And it's nice of you to ask, but you really don't have to, I wouldn't like to give you a headache or something
                      What does it mean that you will be studying at the Oriental Institute?
                      Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
                        OT: How many posts are necessary before you must start another Sam/Jack Shipper thread?
                        ~1000......
                        On to Thread XI!!!!
                        (not quite yet tho...)

Comment

Originally posted by Presley_Carter
                          I knew it I am not nuts! Now I can tell my sister once and for all it is OK to be able to say entire episodes without a prompt!
                          WELCOME PRESLEY_CARTER!!!!!!!

Kel'dor is pleased to have new people joining the family.

Grab yourself a slice of pizza and the drink of your choice and post lots!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
                            Well, they won't actually be catching any fish. It is Jack's lake, ya know. So they'll have to do something "productive" to pass the time.
                            Productive..... yeah! Productive

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                              Here's some equations from the resident shipper math major:

Sam + Pete = see chaos theory
                              Sam + Jack = infinite happiness
                              Jack + Pete = instantaneous fury, as Jack will kill him.

Shipper calculus: In the xy plane, when you measure Sam's happiness curve over time, the derivative of this curve with respect to time will allow you to find the point at which Sam attains maximum happiness. Set the derivative of Sam's happines curve equal to zero and you will find the critical point at which Sam will reach maximum happiness. Upon inspection, this critical point in time will be when she dumps and marries Jack.
                              ummm...whoa....Kel'dor? get madgater some help

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                              ~Imzadi
                              describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                              Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by T-Gate
                                Hi Folks,

I am a long, long time lurker. This is my first post anywhere. It is pretty scary for me to be doing this, but seeing that I can offer some information which may ease some of my fellow shippers' minds, I thought I'd take the plunge. I am not terribly computer literate and am not sure if I am doing this correctly. So if I screw it up, please forgive me.

I am a big fan of Sam, and I love Amanda. Anyway, I just came back from Gatecon. I did not record the events and so am relying on my memory (which is not always the most reliable thing to do!!!)
                                Regarding Amanda's answer to the question if they had one whole episode for themselves, what would they like to do, I'd like to first mention that the audience seemed to be pretty evenly split between shippers and non-shippers. Not wanting to appear to be taking sides, I BELIEVE Amanda used the word 'appease' (not 'encourage') in her reply.
                                She basically said, "Not to appease the shippers, but I'd like to spend a whole episode fishing". (I keep trying to put in smiley faces but keep getting a colon with letters instead).
                                Again, these are not necessarily her exact words, but the basic gist of what she said. It was a nice shippy statement, and she prefaced it the way she did so as to not offend the non-shippers. (If 'appease' is the wrong word, I apologize. Hopefully Marimba can confirm it. It was definitely not at all offensive to shippers though).

During the photo session, I told Amanda that I hoped she was not annoyed with shippers because of the Pete situation and that while we might not agree or like everything that was going on, that many of us still loved her.
                                She then replied that she was not annoyed at all. In fact, she enjoys hearing the different viewpoints from fans because it means that they feel passionate about the show. I then brought up the fact that she had used the word "tough" in the interview. She basically said that things often get taken out of context and that she would never have said anything that would be mean to the fans. She then actually asked me to let the fans know this. I said I would do so if I ever delurked. So here I am! AMANDA IS NOT ANNOYED WITH US SHIPPERS AND SHE DOES CARE ABOUT OUR FEELINGS!

So, Fellow Shippers, take heart!

Besides this, there were no shippy spoilers revealed to my recollection. In fact Amanda said she does not know how it will end.

Well that's my mini con report. Don't know if I'll be doing any more posting, but I do enjoy reading what you good folks write. I laugh, cry, cringe and hope together with all of you.

Long Live Sam & Jack!
                                All the best
                                Toni
                                Toni!!!

Glad you final took a bite out of you Red Shipper Cookies. Oh by the way you have some crumbs on your chin.

So glad you decided to delurk!!! You will find everyone here very friendly and supportive. I hope you decide to stick around and post every now and then. It really is fun.

The colons and lines you see when you do a smiley will turn into a smiley when you hit submit reply. You can also hit Preview Post to see what it will look like before you submit it.

You did great with your post and thanks for sharing that bit of news regarding AT. It's good to know that she still Loves us!!
                                Ship Nana

Comment

Working...
                                X