Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always been a big Jack/Sam shipper and I always will be, and hope that TPTB will show that us that they are together.

Always
    Joanne

Comment

I am an avid fan of Sam/Jack ship. I so-oo-oo miss Jack's interaction in this season w/all the characters (esp. Sam and Daniel). I wish they would mention him sometimes--even if it's "Hey, Daniel. Talked w/Jack last night and he says 'hello'." Something. I know they are trying to get us into this new group of people we have; but, I miss the old group a lot. So, to put it simply, yes, I love Sam/Jack ship.

April

Comment

No way. I think it was probably the biggest mistake the show ever made. They went from having a strong, independent female role model to, in the actress's own words, " a whiny piny chick" that a huge number of people despise and ridicule. And now AT is fighting her character being sidelined because it so much became her only arc, that without Jack she is now pretty much irrelevant.

Apart from that I think Sam is probably the character that Jack had the absolute least amount of chemistry with and pushing it just got embarrasing and made both of them look like bad actors.

The sad thing is that many fans don't even want to see RDA come back for the 200th episode because of the fear of resurrecting that poor old dead horse for yet another beating. Season 9 has been blissfully ship free unless you're a die hard "OMG they looked at each other!!" shipper and for that I'm thankful. I'd really like to keep it that way.

Elbereth

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
          I also think that if you belong to a certain group, people feel that your objections all fall under one category. I have other reasons for why I don't like the ship. Even though, I think if you don't like something you shouldn't have to have a reason that other people find acceptable.
          Nor do I. And I have to say I find quite a number of post from shippers who say "I've been loyal to the show for X number of years and I deserve to see Sam and Jack get together" very offensive. Do they think that SJ shippers are the only ones who have been loyal to the show? Or do they merely think that their wishes are the only ones that count? Why do they think they are more "deserving" of getting the resolution they want than I (loyal fan since the movie) am? Curious.

I think that the current status quo was pretty much the best resolution TPTB could come up with to please everyone. As far as I am concerned the "ship" is as dead as Prometheus and yet the shippers can believe that "not exactly single" means Sam is with Jack and spends all her weekends in DC. So long as it stays that way, everyone can be happy.

Elbereth

Comment

Originally posted by gilthoniel
            Nor do I. And I have to say I find quite a number of post from shippers who say "I've been loyal to the show for X number of years and I deserve to see Sam and Jack get together" very offensive. Do they think that SJ shippers are the only ones who have been loyal to the show? Or do they merely think that their wishes are the only ones that count? Why do they think they are more "deserving" of getting the resolution they want than I (loyal fan since the movie) am? Curious.

I think that the current status quo was pretty much the best resolution TPTB could come up with to please everyone. As far as I am concerned the "ship" is as dead as Prometheus and yet the shippers can believe that "not exactly single" means Sam is with Jack and spends all her weekends in DC. So long as it stays that way, everyone can be happy.

Elbereth
            very offensive?
            i thinking you mistake in this point.
            I watching all epi from SG, shipy or noshipy, I AM A PROUD SHIPER, nothing more
            But i need resolution S&J, together or not together on screen, nothing more
            shiper or not this only another POV on SG

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
              Yep, I agree. I think Sam has been poorly written and deserved better. The whole Sam/Jack ship could have been handled much better without belittling her character. I find that Threads scene very hard to watch.
              I actually made my own edit of that episode, makes it a whole lot easier to watch. You can cut out all the irrelevant shipper to-ing and fro-ing and it honestly makes no difference to the plot. I showed it to a couple of casual viewing friends and they had no idea I'd cut it until I told them. It actually makes the important, story arc parts with Daniel and Teal'c a lot easier to follow too. The edit on that episode was terrible. Very choppy.

Elbereth

Comment

Originally posted by dexterav
                very offensive?
                i thinking you mistake in this point.
                I watching all epi from SG, shipy or noshipy, I AM A PROUD SHIPER, nothing more
                But i need resolution S&J, together or not together on screen, nothing more
                shiper or not this only another POV on SG
                That's my point exactly. You want it. I don't. Why do you think what you want is more important than what someone else wants?

Elbereth
                Last edited by gilthoniel; 12 March 2006, 10:12 AM.

Comment

That's point exactly. You want it. I don't. Why do you think what you want is more important than what someone else wants?

Elbereth
                  i no think shipers thing is important like a other, because ship is only in background (realy background), only need resolution, 1 min in epi ?
                  this is big thing!? or something bad?
                  sigpic

Comment

No way. I think it was probably the biggest mistake the show ever made. They went from having a strong, independent female role model to, in the actress's own words, " a whiny piny chick" that a huge number of people despise and ridicule. And now AT is fighting her character being sidelined because it so much became her only arc, that without Jack she is now pretty much irrelevant.

Apart from that I think Sam is probably the character that Jack had the absolute least amount of chemistry with and pushing it just got embarrasing and made both of them look like bad actors.

The sad thing is that many fans don't even want to see RDA come back for the 200th episode because of the fear of resurrecting that poor old dead horse for yet another beating. Season 9 has been blissfully ship free unless you're a die hard "OMG they looked at each other!!" shipper and for that I'm thankful. I'd really like to keep it that way.

Elbereth
                    Actually, Sam was a much stronger character during her "Jack" years than she is now. Her unrequited love for him added an interesting dimension to her character. It would be unrealistic if love didn't develop among the team. For most it was the love of friendship. But, between Sam and Jack it was romantic. These things often reflect real life situations and are not unusual. RDA and AT did have great screen chemistry. For many who desire the "return of action Sam," she is in her forties now. She can not continue to be the atheletic female warrior she was in the past. Age catches up to our fearsome foursome. There is no "return" to the Sam we admired. Her love for Jack did not change her into a whiny frustrated female, but a complex person who was handling both her emotions and her profession. However, a resolution of the affair, either way, would be welcome. Also, I agree with someone else who said that Ripple Effect seemed to infer that she wasn't in an official relationship with Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacific Jack
                      However, a resolution of the affair, either way, would be welcome. Also, I agree with someone else who said that Ripple Effect seemed to infer that she wasn't in an official relationship with Jack.
                      I do agree with that too.

In fact, I was used to enjoy (enjoying ?) ship between Sam and Jack, but I am not sure that I still have the same feeling... just as if I was saying "goodbye" to it.

(Sorry for my English, tell me if you don't understand what I mean, I shall try to explain).

Comment

Easy answer to that question..NO!

For me the supposed J/S ship almost killed the show. As much as I miss Jack I have to say the show is far better without him as now there is no chance of 'ship' rearing it's ugly head ever again.
                        sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacific Jack
                          Actually, Sam was a much stronger character during her "Jack" years than she is now. Her unrequited love for him added an interesting dimension to her character. It would be unrealistic if love didn't develop among the team. For most it was the love of friendship. But, between Sam and Jack it was romantic. These things often reflect real life situations and are not unusual. RDA and AT did have great screen chemistry. For many who desire the "return of action Sam," she is in her forties now. She can not continue to be the atheletic female warrior she was in the past. Age catches up to our fearsome foursome. There is no "return" to the Sam we admired. Her love for Jack did not change her into a whiny frustrated female, but a complex person who was handling both her emotions and her profession. However, a resolution of the affair, either way, would be welcome. Also, I agree with someone else who said that Ripple Effect seemed to infer that she wasn't in an official relationship with Jack.
                          I just don't think the love had to be romantic. And, in real life, many times people work together, become close, and don't fall in love.

And, forty isn't ready for gruel and a wheelchair. Jack was how old up to season 8? He certainly managed to keep up and fight and be a soldier. And, I don't see Sam slowing down, or having to take it easy because she's forty. (Besides, the show has never portrayed her as a Xena type character. She was a soldier. Her being forty shouldn't change her ability to be a soldier. She still seems pretty active to me)
                          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

That's my point exactly. You want it. I don't. Why do you think what you want is more important than what someone else wants?

Elbereth

I don't think that's necessarily the case. I mean, I don't think a person has to temper their wants to accomodate others. I don't want J/S ship, but I don't expect others who do not to express that desire. Just like there are things I want for the show that I'm sure is in direct opposition to what other people want, but that doesn't stop me from wanting them, or from expressing that I do if the subject comes up.

The only thing I object to in situations like these is when someone goes beyond saying they want something to happen, to actually saying that people who think differently don't count, and they aren't important. And, for me, taking a strong stand in one direction doesn't imply that the people who think differently don't count. So, they have to actually say it, and then I think it goes too far.
                            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

yes i love s/j ship, but only so long as it isn't the main focus of the show. i love to see shippy moments (which can often be interpreted differently if you want), mentions, and the occasional ship episode, in which it deals with the evolution of that relationship, but i also love to see episodes in which any characters non romantic relationship develops and evolves as much as the one between sam and jack.

i think that every relationship on the show is as important as the other, but the only one i see as being a romantic relationship on the show is that between sam and jack, and i like that it is that way, because i see enormous amounts of chemistry and potential for it. just the same as i see enormous potential for any and all friendships on the show. (and for the record i'm pretty much of the 'whatever' attitude for every other show except firefly. ship tends not to bother me one way or the other apart from these 2 shows)

Comment

i wasn't going to 'debate' any of the answers in this thread, but you're so obnoxious that i couldn't help myself.

a HUGE number of ppl, eh?

and sam is being sidelined *only* because of the sam/jack issue?

generalizations much?

or, are you trying to give a certain impression to 'influence' any ptb reading?

*your* opinion. s/j ship wouldn't have went on for 8 years if it were so horrible.

so why do *i* think s/j has been quiet in season 9? giving it a rest. period.

The sad thing is that many fans don't even want to see RDA come back for the 200th episode because of the fear of resurrecting that poor old dead horse for yet another beating.
                                many fans? or just fans like yourself that don't want to see s/j ship because it surpassed the ship you 'really' wanted to see (as in daniel/jack).

Season 9 has been blissfully ship free unless you're a die hard "OMG they looked at each other!!" shipper and for that I'm thankful. I'd really like to keep it that way.
                                yeah, you're right, season 9 has been s/j ship free. well, there was the 'not exactly' in 'ex dues machina' that looked good for s/j. and, in 'ripple effect', au sams were involved big time with 'someone'.

so, why am i being so confrontational with you? because i know you and have read your stuff before (here and at another forum). and i think, if i'm remembering your name correctly, we've exchanged a couple of 'lovely' emails together.

i'm not going to reply back to you if you reply to this post (don't want to turn it into a battle that everyone else has to suffer through), but i just wanted to for 'once' say .

sorry mods

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X