X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frostfox
    Nope.

For lots of reasons.
    He's too much like her dad, it screams Elekra complex.
    He's her boss so you can imagine the gossip if they ever did get together - it would seem to confirm the rubbish that people have been saying about women in the forces, whether it was true or not.
    It's illegal. And unlike in a fairy tale, sometimes honour and duty are more important to honourable people than sex or even love.

And most of all, I don't like it because of how it was written and what the writers did to Sam's honourable, intellegent, compassionate character in the name of S/J. AT deserves much better storylines for her and her character than turning up at her bosses house in twinset and pearls and simpering while he and his girlfriend try to make polite conversation. This woman can bloody well act - look at Singularity, look at any one of dozens of episodes. She's much too good to just use as the main man's woman.

FF
    Yep, I agree. I think Sam has been poorly written and deserved better. The whole Sam/Jack ship could have been handled much better without belittling her character. I find that Threads scene very hard to watch.

Writing woman/men relationships doesn't seem to be these guys strong suit.
    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
      ... all with knee problems and ...

Comment

It's illegal. And unlike in a fairy tale, sometimes honour and duty are more important to honourable people than sex or even love.
        I heartily agree. That's why I actually liked Divide and Conquer, because it was a chance for two characters to do the honorable thing. But seasons came and went, and it became clear that that wasn't going to be the resolution at which TPTB were getting. I could even tolerate the hints until that scene in Inaguration when the President of the United States and his VP were discussing "the ship question." That was when I realized how absurd the whole thing had become, and how obsessed TPTB were with pushing it in every possible episode. I guess I'd hoped each character would get a life (outside of each other) and the show could go about its business. Alas, no such luck. So no, I don't like it.

Comment

I have always loved the interaction between Sam and Jack. Until I came on-line I never realized that it was an issue. I just thought that it was an understood part of the show.
          If you read the writers and directors comments on the episodes or listen to the commentaries then you realize that this was a planned part of Stargate. This did not come out of our "shippy little minds" like some would like to believe. I can understand that it was not important to some people. I never cared about Daniel's ascension or Teal'c obsession to free the Jaffa...to each their own.
          I never thought that it dominated or detracted from Stargate. Those who wanted to see them in love chose to and those who wanted to see them as chose friends, like all the other relationships, could too.
          I will say that I miss Sam and Jack...I also miss Jack and Daniel and Jack and Teal'c...Oh, I'll just say it...I MISS JACK.

Comment

I absolutely like Sam/Jack ship, however I can't say I agree with how it has been handled. I know that the "rules" stand in the way, but there is no reason that these two people can't care for each other and still stay within those lines. I don't think it's an all or nothing proposition - until such time as they can be together.

My opinion is that TPTB have spent so much time on the fence that they can't decide which side they want to get off on. For me, I choose to believe that they are together and if we don't see it onscreen, I'll be dissapointed, but there's always fanfic.

Comment

For me to believe J/S ship, it would have to be evidence from the actual show, and would have to consist of the words "I love" or "I'm in love"

And, I'd still hate it.
              I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Sam/Jack was my first ship and I stand by it absolutely. I know a lot of people were dissatisfied with how it was handled but for me the ship is about the undercurrent of emotions running through the episodes. The moments in time Sam and Jack have shared together. The bond they've developed that has not and cannot be destroyed no matter who or what enters the picture. It's about confessions and proffesions of love in both simple and complex ways. And yeah, actual resolution may be impossible now that Jack is gone. But I have 8 seasons of a relationship in many moments and many stages and call me a romantic but I think it's the feelings that matter. A love story is a journey, and the journey's worth having, no matter what the destination may be.

Comment

I love SJ ship. I love looking at a scene and saying "yep, they're in love". I wish they could get together legally, but I don't think they are, really (though i do enjoy pretending). I don't think they would (and I don't want them to) sacrifice thier honor, no matter how strong thier love is, its not like them. but i do wish the entire
                  Spoiler:
                  Jack leaving thing was handled better by TPTB.
                  best line of the season: "Where's General O'Neill?"
                  sigpic
                  "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                  Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
                    Sam/Jack was my first ship and I stand by it absolutely. I know a lot of people were dissatisfied with how it was handled but for me the ship is about the undercurrent of emotions running through the episodes. The moments in time Sam and Jack have shared together. The bond they've developed that has not and cannot be destroyed no matter who or what enters the picture. It's about confessions and proffesions of love in both simple and complex ways. And yeah, actual resolution may be impossible now that Jack is gone. But I have 8 seasons of a relationship in many moments and many stages and call me a romantic but I think it's the feelings that matter. A love story is a journey, and the journey's worth having, no matter what the destination may be.
                    it's only impossible IF the writers don't *want* to go forward with the relationship. meaning, the overweight lady hasn't began to omit vocal harmonic pleasantries out of her mouth yet.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      it's only impossible IF the writers don't *want* to go forward with the relationship. meaning, the overweight lady hasn't began to omit vocal harmonic pleasantries out of her mouth yet.

sally
                      But would you really want them to, Sally?
                      They have made such a pigs ear of the relationship up to now, I'm sure the endlessly creative fans do more realistic, sensitve and realistic resolutions with fanfic and vids and their imaginations than TPTB ever could.

edited to add :- I mostly mean a pigs ear of the resolution of the relationship

FF Let me tell you, the slashers want TPTB to have nothing to do with our ship! We are much, much better at it than them.
                      sigpic

Comment

They have made such a pigs ear of the relationship up to now, I'm sure the endlessly creative fans do more realistic, sensitve and realistic resolutions with fanfic and vids and their imaginations than TPTB ever could.

FF Let me tell you, the slashers want TPTB to have nothing to do with our ship! We are much, much better at it than them.
                        First, what does FF mean?

Second, I really do think that if I was a J/S shipper I would rather it stayed in fanfic, because I wouldn't trust tptb to handle it correctly. It's why I don't want any ships on the show. I think viewers have a better track record of making it satisfying than tptb do.

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Comment

fanfiction is just that, made up by and for the fans. it means nothing when compared to what a show can/should do. i know a lot of fans use fanfiction as the 'fix it', but i'm not one of them. with the unhappiness i've been experiencing with how the writers have handled s/j ship, it's actually made reading fanfiction 'harder' for me. i can't even write fics anymore.

with any relationship you see in a movie, tv, novel, 'real life', you want to see them actually get together. *get together*. that's my goal. now, only if it's the ptb's too...

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Do you even have to ask?

Well I guess you would if you didn't know me.

I so agree with posts 15, 18 , 21 and I could go on.

I am a Jack and Sam shipper!

Why? Due to the actions of all involved (cast and TPTB) with providing us, the viewers, the obvious 'Shippy Moments' whether it be verbal, touch or looks, between out favorite couple on Stargate SG-1 for 8 years.

Comment

I know how you feel about fixits. Fixits mean something is wrong on the show, or there wouldn't be anything to fix. But, I would still be worried that even if a couple I like did get together on screen, it wouldn't be good because tptb would mess it up. But, I'm not in your position because first, I've been fine with my ships just being understood by the people who felt that way - it didn't matter to me that it was never sanctioned with a happy ever after. And, I tend to ship for couples that always wind up with half the pair doomed anyway.

eta: this was addressed to majorsal.

Comment

Count me among the Jack and Sam shippers. I love that story arc in the show and in fanfic! I know some disagree and that's cool. There are a lot of story arcs for all of us to enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                                X