20 Duran
    21 Baal
    22 Maybourne
    23 Hansen (other Jonas)
    24 Elden
    25 Tyre
    sigpic

Comment

I'm a bit odd. Except for Sam and Janet (who I obviously can't vote for in this thread ), I don't really like any of the main characters. I prefer the minor/recurring characters. Here is my attempt of a list of 25.

1) Martouf/Lantash - They are hot, intelligent, and cool. The friendliest of the Tok'ra. Martouf is wise and kind and Lantash adds some extra snark and passion. What's not to like? Definitively my favourite character in Stargate!
      2) Jacob/Selmak - wise and friendly to Earth. He always added an extra dimension to an episode, since he had a unique perspective - knowing both Earth and the Tok'ra from within.
      3) Aldwin - he did what he could to help save SG-1 and Martouf/Lantash as much as it was possible. He just didn't want to risk the future of the Galaxy for 5 people, which makes sense.
      4) Malek - a strong character who was able to see when he had been wrong and admit it. That is a very rare ability.
      5) Apophis - coolest villain in Stargate!
      6) Bratac - funny and principled. Ready to fight for what he believes in.
      7) Ra - original main villain. Was killed off too quickly, though.
      8) Korra - ready to die to save his people.
      9) Steven Caldwell - I think he was cool and a good leader. I would have preferred him to stay Goa'uld, though...
      10) Heru'ur - also a great villain who was killed off too quickly.
      11) Zelenka - I like him far better than McKay and wish he was in control instead.
      12) Thor - usually helpful and always fun!
      13) Khonsu - great hair! *grins* Too bad he was killed so quickly, could have been an interesting source of information, given that he pretended to be Goa'uld. Could have been interesting to have SG-1 meet with him from time to time.
      14) Lord Yu. He was the most reasonable of the Goa'uld and could maybe have become more or less friendly to Earth. Why did they have to go and make him senile?
      15) Mitchell - funny and competent. I like him better than O'Neill.
      16) Ba'al - very intelligent and usually fun.
      17) Hammond - usually did the right thing after the first few episodes. Did his best for Earth and his teams, even risking life and career.
      18) Daniel Jackson - I liked him best in the early seasons, despite his dark sides which sometimes surfaced (he killed a bunch of infant Goa'uld, etc.)
      19) Jonas Quinn - very intelligent and often fun as well. He was a good addition to the team.
      20) Teal'c - he was able to turn away from his entire life and almost all he had learned and go against his god! That's cool and brave!
      21) Beckett - a very competent doctor, who does his best and seem to be a good friend to his colleges.
      22) Aris Boch - took the chance and listened to SG-1 and the Tok'ra. Another one of these rare people who will admit they have been wrong and then does the right thing, despite the danger.
      23) O'Neill - I did like him in the first 3 seasons. He was funny and did his best to help his friends. Then he was also ready to trust new people they met and give them a chance (Teal'c, the Tok'ra). I don't like him in season 4->
      24) Sheppard - he is competent and willing to risk his life for his friends and for what is right
      25) McKay - was funny and not too over-the-top during SG-1. I don't like him in SGA.
      sigpic
      Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

1 John Sheppard
        2 Ronon Dex
        3 Cameron Mitchell
        4 Radek Zelenka
        5 Steven Caldwell
        6 Major Lorne
        7 Chuck
        8 Teal'c
        9 Hammond
        10 Daniel Jackson (earlier years)
        sigpic

Comment

01. Daniel Jackson - the reason I started watching, the georgous geek with a heart, even now, just not so nieve (Jack tought him a lesson or two)
          02. Jack O'Neill - another reason I started watching stargate
          03. Rodney McKay - love his snark
          04. Teal'c - brave, honorable, loyal
          05. John Sheppard
          06. Gen. Hammond
          07. Carson
          08. Zelenka
          09. Walter
          10. Siler
          11. Bra'tac
          12. Dr Lee
          13. Cam Mitchell
          AncientsTimeline

Comment

1. Jacob/Selmak
            2. Martouf/Lantash
            3. Malek
            4. Aldwin
            5. Teal'c
            6. Ra
            7. Apophis
            8. Thor
            9. Daniel
            10. Ba'al
            sigpic
            [Save Martouf/Lantash]

Comment

1. Rodney McKay
              2. John Sheppard
              3. Cameron Mitchell
              4. Radek Zelenka
              5. George Hammond
              6. Bra'tac!
              7. Daniel Jackson
              8. Teal'c
              9. Ronon
              10. Carson Beckett
              11. Colonel Dave Dixon
              12. Evan Lorne
              13. Aiden Ford
              14. Martouf
              15. Jonas Quinn
              16. Peter Grodin
              Last edited by Killdeer; 16 April 2009, 03:18 PM. Reason: keep finding names to add!
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

Geez I forgot Martouf.... 25 isn't enough
                sigpic

Comment

1. Rodney McKay - He's just awesome. The snark, the brains, the looks, the personality...

2. Daniel Jackson - I think I fell in love with him during the first Stargate episode I saw. And after he cut his hair, I loved him even more...

3. Jack O'Neill - Funny, and I love his approach to situations

4. Carson Beckett - The looks, the way he deals with Rodney, the accent

5. Radek Zelenka - The random Czech phrases, the arguing with Rodney, he's just so cute...

6. Hammond - He's just awesome. I love his dry sense of humour

7. Peter Grodin - I found him a really interesting character, and loved the way he popped up every now and then. And the way he went out... *cries*

8. Teal'c - Awesome fighting, awesome sense of humour, 'Indeed'

9. Ronon - Pretty much the same reason as Teal'c, minus the 'Indeed'. I loved Midway

10. Ba'al - The best Goa'uld of all time. I loved him right from Abyss. Intelligent, cunning, and wonderfully evil. And I love his fashion sense!

Comment

Jack, Teal'c, Daniel, Hammond, Bra'tac, Siler, Walter, Martouf, Jacob, Narim, Skaa'ra, Landry, Maybourne, Dr. Lee, Pete Shanahan, Ba'al, Alec Colson, Lord Yu, Tomin, Elliott

McKay, Zelenka, Ronon, Beckett, Grodin,
                    A serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard 's nose drips.

Comment

Yet another forgot about: Narim!
                      sigpic

Comment

1. Lantash/Martouf
                        2. Apophis
                        3. Jacob/Selmak
                        4. Narim
                        5. Malek
                        6. Aldwin
                        7. Thor
                        8. Bratac
                        9. Teal'c
                        10. Daniel
                        11. Sokar
                        12. Ba'al
                        13. Jonas Quinn
                        14. Zelenka
                        15. Heru'ur
                        16. Hammond
                        17. Sheppard
                        18. McKay
                        19. Korra
                        20. Beckett
                        21. Mitchell
                        22. Klorel
                        23. Jack O'Neill
                        24. Dr. Lee
                        25. Yu
                        sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

1. Martouf/Lantash
                          2. Jacob/Selmak
                          3. Malek
                          4. Apophis
                          5. Ba'al
                          6. Aldwin
                          7. Heru'ur
                          8. Klorel
                          9. Bratac
                          10. Hammond
                          sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
                          (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
                          Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

[QUOTE=Blue Shadowdancer;10051295]Peter Grodin - I found him a really interesting character, and loved the way he popped up every now and then. And the way he went out... *cries*
                            QUOTE]

It's so hard to place all of the characters. Was Grodin the one whose sister was dying of cancer?
                            sigpic

Comment

Peter Grodin was a British scientist assigned to Atlantis. He was killed in SGA: "The Siege, Part 1". Picture and more about him here: http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Peter_Grodin

My pick of top 10 men of Stargate:

1. Lantash
                              2. Martouf
                              3. Jacob (I'm considering Selmak female, so can't list her here)
                              4. Apophis
                              5. Aldwin
                              6. Ba'al
                              7. Malek
                              8. Daniel
                              9. Hammond
                              10. Korra
                              sigpic
                              button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

Working...
                              X