Cameron Mitchell/Samantha Carter Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you hon

Yeah it really does suck when they're taken down. I know one of mine has to have advertising on it, just so it can be up (one of my Sam/Daniel videos), I guess I just don't get why they yank them down. Seems kind of daft to me :/ But eh, what do I know?

Love your sig banner, btw

Spoiler:
    MULTI-SHIPPER, AND PROUD

My command is this: Love each other as
    I have loved you. Greater love has no man than
    this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
    - John 15:12,13

Comment

Hey everyone! It's been waaay too long! Unfortunately, I can't stop to get back into the swing of things just yet but I bring a mini-present!

It's a team vid with pretty big C/S undertones Just click on the kick-a$$ banner Stef made me and you can watch it on YouTube!

I hope you guys like it!
      ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

^That was really cute. Good job on it.
        ^sig made by Laura

Comment

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
          Hey everyone! It's been waaay too long! Unfortunately, I can't stop to get back into the swing of things just yet but I bring a mini-present!

It's a team vid with pretty big C/S undertones Just click on the kick-a$$ banner Stef made me and you can watch it on YouTube!

I hope you guys like it!
          I love it, Milena! I couldn't help but squee at certain parts of the song...seeing Jonas, Jacob, Major Davis...plus the S/C and D/V parts. Very nice indeed!

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
          ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Discussion topic/question: Do we ever find out why Sam could imagine herself on a ranch in New Order? True, Fifth just pulled it from her brain, but it must have been plausible for him to pick it. I wonder if she heard Cam talking about his time growing up on a farm back when they knew each other pre-Stargate, and liked it, since I'm pretty sure Jacob's family isn't connected to farming in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
              Discussion topic/question: Do we ever find out why Sam could imagine herself on a ranch in New Order? True, Fifth just pulled it from her brain, but it must have been plausible for him to pick it. I wonder if she heard Cam talking about his time growing up on a farm back when they knew each other pre-Stargate, and liked it, since I'm pretty sure Jacob's family isn't connected to farming in any way.
              Well, it's hard to tell how strong of a friendship C/S had at that point given the fact that she never mentions Cam () but I don't know, I think it's this kind of "idealic, get away from the rest of the world" kind of image for a lot of people. It may not necessarily be something she wants but the idea of completely escaping it all would be an appealing thought to someone who's been through as much as she had at that point. So I'm not sure it has to be connected to a single person.

Then again, the farm does bear a strong resemblance to Cam's home (something I exploited in my C/S vid "Porcelain Heart") so it's possible that Cam planted the idea at some point off-screen. It's hard to tell how close they were at that point

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I hope you guys like it!
                Loved the vid, Milena! Made me laugh right out loud - several times! Thanks!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                  Well, it's hard to tell how strong of a friendship C/S had at that point given the fact that she never mentions Cam () but I don't know, I think it's this kind of "idealic, get away from the rest of the world" kind of image for a lot of people. It may not necessarily be something she wants but the idea of completely escaping it all would be an appealing thought to someone who's been through as much as she had at that point. So I'm not sure it has to be connected to a single person.

Then again, the farm does bear a strong resemblance to Cam's home (something I exploited in my C/S vid "Porcelain Heart") so it's possible that Cam planted the idea at some point off-screen. It's hard to tell how close they were at that point

-Stef
                  Yeah, I don't think they were best buds before Stargate, just friends that sort of kept up with each other (possibly how Cam knew about the SGC at all). I'm having a little trouble with your "ideal escape" prompt, but maybe I've just been around too many real farms. But in any case, it's not an idea that makes me go "Ooh, that must be true!", just a connection that might be made if I'm so inclined. Hey, the Jack/Sam shippers do it with every Jack-ish word that Sam uses, so why not us?

Comment

Yeah, I don't think they were best buds before Stargate, just friends that sort of kept up with each other (possibly how Cam knew about the SGC at all). I'm having a little trouble with your "ideal escape" prompt, but maybe I've just been around too many real farms. But in any case, it's not an idea that makes me go "Ooh, that must be true!", just a connection that might be made if I'm so inclined. Hey, the Jack/Sam shippers do it with every Jack-ish word that Sam uses, so why not us?
                    Well, what I meant by "idealized" is that it's this kind of "back to our roots with hard work, away from the stress of urban life" kind of image. I mean, this is completely regardless of the actual reality of a farm Like someone in the city who has a particularly stressful day and thinks about just moving out to the middle of nowhere and starting fresh without their normal daily hassles, you know? I'm sure most of those people don't actually want to start their own farm, but it can be a nice idea at times since it's just so completely opposite to their current life.

Very true. I've just honestly never thought that much about C/S' prior relationship. I mean, it's clear they know each other and have a rapport prior to Cam joining the SGC so there is a history there - it's just a matter of trying to conjecture how complex that history is. I kinda imagine that Sam was a frequent visitor of Cam's while he was in the hospital and that after he got out they regularly talked on the phone or checked in every once in awhile. If one were in town, they'd call up the other and ask if they wanted to grab something to eat and catch up. Maybe they'd exchange e-mails.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessJ88 View Post
                      ^That was really cute. Good job on it.
                      I love it, Milena! I couldn't help but squee at certain parts of the song...seeing Jonas, Jacob, Major Davis...plus the S/C and D/V parts. Very nice indeed!
                      Originally posted by Shelly View Post
                      Loved the vid, Milena! Made me laugh right out loud - several times! Thanks!
                      Thanks so much everyone!!

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

I hope you guys like it!
                        That was awesome, thanks!

Interesting thought. Never really contemplated where that came from in her mind. Might be a good question to ask AT at a con in terms of what her thought was in playing those scenes.

I've said this before, I'm sorry we never got the Sam/Cam history in the show.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          That was awesome, thanks!
                          Thanks, EH-T!

Hey everyone! I'm actually here to drop off another vid, this one is 100% Cam/Sam. It's supposed to be a kind of complement to Stef's beautiful vid, Porcelain Heart which I'm sure you all remember. In case you haven't seen it yet, HERE is the link. It's a definite must-see, trust me! The vid I made is the opposite of her's where it's now Sam mourning Cam's death with their daughter, Cassie.

The summary is a bit long so I'll put it under spoilers but I really recommend reading it before you decide to watch it because it's really a linear kind of story. Major spoilers for AoT, minor for Continuum.

Spoiler:
                          Summary: Cam is fatally wounded in his fight with the Replicator and despite Dr. Lam’s best efforts, he dies, leaving his wife, Sam, and their daughter, Cassie, behind. Sam memories of him and her need to take care of their daughter keep her going but after his funeral, she slips. Thankfully she pulls through and gets back on the mission roster early, despite Dr. Fraiser’s concerns, and when the Krull Warrior starts hunting her off-world, she knows she has to fight back - to survive - for her daughter, and slowly, she begins to rebuild her life.

So here it is, and thanks to Stef for the gorgeous banner!

Click on the banner to watch!

I hope you like it!

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Thanks, EH-T!

Hey everyone! I'm actually here to drop off another vid, this one is 100% Cam/Sam. It's supposed to be a kind of complement to Stef's beautiful vid, Porcelain Heart which I'm sure you all remember. In case you haven't seen it yet, HERE is the link. It's a definite must-see, trust me! The vid I made is the opposite of her's where it's now Sam mourning Cam's death with their daughter, Cassie.

The summary is a bit long so I'll put it under spoilers but I really recommend reading it before you decide to watch it because it's really a linear kind of story. Major spoilers for AoT, minor for Continuum.

Spoiler:
                            Summary: Cam is fatally wounded in his fight with the Replicator and despite Dr. Lam’s best efforts, he dies, leaving his wife, Sam, and their daughter, Cassie, behind. Sam memories of him and her need to take care of their daughter keep her going but after his funeral, she slips. Thankfully she pulls through and gets back on the mission roster early, despite Dr. Fraiser’s concerns, and when the Krull Warrior starts hunting her off-world, she knows she has to fight back - to survive - for her daughter, and slowly, she begins to rebuild her life.

So here it is, and thanks to Stef for the gorgeous banner!

I hope you like it!
                            I loved it, Milena! I'm a sucker for vids with stories, and I love that song. You seem to have Stef's ability to pull random scenes together to make them fit as if they were a story—very artisticly done.

Comment

Woo-hoo! Go Milena!! I would post a long flowery kiss-butt post here but since I've already done it on your YT and LJ pages I think I'll refrain. I will tell everyone to go and watch Milena's video though. It's serious AU but unlike my video, it will pay you off with a kind of happy ending If for nothing else, watch it to see some really cool manipulations.

-Stef

Comment

^ Awesome Milena!!! brilliant choice of clips, i love the ending hilarious!!

Stand In The Rain: Excellent editing! great job! I like your portrayal of Sam Beautiful vid poster Stef.

Just saw this on LJ

Haha so cute

Comment

Working...
                                X