Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stef View Post
    Spoiler:
    Poor Cam, is it bad that I enjoyed him getting his butt kicked so much?

-Stef
    Nope, I enjoyed it just as much as you did

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
      Nope, I enjoyed it just as much as you did
      Wasn't Ben Browder quoted in one of his interviews as saying that everyone on the show has their own sort of secret power. Sam is smart, Teal'c strong/warrior, Daniel translator / smart, Vala knows the dregs of the universe and is "street smart."

And then he went on to say it took season 9 for him to really discover Mitchell's power. And how that power is being able to get beaten on episode after episode?

I also enjoy it, because of the Cam/Sam moments they lead to

Comment

Yeah, Ben said that in his most recent GateWorld interview. His superpower is getting his ass kicked

Comment

Originally posted by Sorne View Post
          Wasn't Ben Browder quoted in one of his interviews as saying that everyone on the show has their own sort of secret power. Sam is smart, Teal'c strong/warrior, Daniel translator / smart, Vala knows the dregs of the universe and is "street smart."

And then he went on to say it took season 9 for him to really discover Mitchell's power. And how that power is being able to get beaten on episode after episode?

I also enjoy it, because of the Cam/Sam moments they lead to
          Yeah, Ben said that in his most recent GateWorld interview. His superpower is getting his ass kicked
          LOL. And don't we just love it? It's true though....

Spoiler:
          Avalon 2: The Knight
          Babylon: The Sodan
          Prototype: Anubis hybrid
          Collateral Damage: Emotional punching bag
          Ripple Effect: Teal'c knocks him down
          Off the Grid: Well, the whole team for this one
          Arthur's Mantle: Zombie Sodan guy
          Camelot: Ship explodes
          Memento Mori: Vala shoots him
          Talion: Teal'c (again)
          AOT:

I'm sure he'll probably get a little bruised in Continuum as well

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I think his room probably injured him in Unending too when he trashed it

Comment

I think his room probably injured him in Unending too when he trashed it
              Very true. His bed did kinda hit him when he started throwing it around...that's why he was bending over...he'd hurt himself.

Keep in mind that I am not including all of the emotional whump he's had over the past two seasons....and there's a lot...and Sam was there for most of it

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Not to mention the humungous whumpage he suffered in the battle of Antarctica

Comment

Not to mention the humungous whumpage he suffered in the battle of Antarctica
                  I would like to see an episode based on their relationship Pre-Season 9, since it seems like they knew one another before then. The Road Not Taken (i think is the fanfic) would be a cool thing to base such an episode off of. And if they were indeed friends before season 9, it would be cool to see how Sam reacted to the whole Antarctica nearly dying bit

I really like situations where one of the people in a ship that I like gets whumped in front of the other (or because of the other). It pretty much guarantees some rewarding scenes between them

Unfortunately, we haven't really gotten many good Sam / Cam whumping scenes, even though Cam has gotten his butt kicked in a lot of episodes, Sam just wasn't around for much of it, or they cut away / skipped past the scenes which would have ensued, had they kept the story flowing, instead of jumping to like 3 weeks later. AOT and Line in the Sand are the only instances I can think of. (Maybe a bit of Flesh & Blood)

Comment

when i saw sam in the infirmary in that outfit, i was thinking GORGEOUS.

but when she kised cam on the cheek, thats when it hit me, they look so good together. they are in the sam age range, she can escape her lab when cam is inthe infirmary, it would like a mini-vacation for her considering how often he gets hurt.

and heres a dumb question, but what is Whump?

Comment

Originally posted by SG66 View Post
                      but what is Whump?
                      Beating the living pi$$ out of someone. Over and over and over and over. It's Mitchell's special ability.

Comment

thank you, i can't tell you how confused i've been over that word.

Comment

Whump takes two forms: emotional and physical. Cameron is a good example of both Physical is when someone has the crap beaten out of them. Emotional is when they suffer heartbreak, loss, guilt etc (e.g. in Collateral Damage)

Comment

Originally posted by Sorne View Post
                            I would like to see an episode based on their relationship Pre-Season 9, since it seems like they knew one another before then. The Road Not Taken (i think is the fanfic) would be a cool thing to base such an episode off of. And if they were indeed friends before season 9, it would be cool to see how Sam reacted to the whole Antarctica nearly dying bit

I really like situations where one of the people in a ship that I like gets whumped in front of the other (or because of the other). It pretty much guarantees some rewarding scenes between them

Unfortunately, we haven't really gotten many good Sam / Cam whumping scenes, even though Cam has gotten his butt kicked in a lot of episodes, Sam just wasn't around for much of it, or they cut away / skipped past the scenes which would have ensued, had they kept the story flowing, instead of jumping to like 3 weeks later. AOT and Line in the Sand are the only instances I can think of. (Maybe a bit of Flesh & Blood)
                            I didn't think Sam knew Cam before the Antarctica thing. I was under the impression they became friends after that experience...but maybe you're just referring to the events of the fic (I think it's "The Road Taken" since there's an actual season 10 episode called "The Road Not Taken") but I am still working my way through that fic. I have trouble reading large amounts of writing on my screen...hurts the eyes. That, and I have a terrible attention-span

I agree with you on the whump thing. I always like when someone is injured and the other person is watching or trying to help them. I think there's something innately romantic about situations like that...don't ask me why.

Whump takes two forms: emotional and physical. Cameron is a good example of both Physical is when someone has the crap beaten out of them. Emotional is when they suffer heartbreak, loss, guilt etc (e.g. in Collateral Damage)
                            There are whole threads for whumpage, no? I think Shep has his own "whump" thread if I'm not mistaken. I don't particularly obsess over it, and I don't search it out...but I appreciate a good a$$ kicking every now and then...especially if it's Cam that's getting the kicking

-Stef

Comment

There are whole threads for whumpage, no? I think Shep has his own "whump" thread if I'm not mistaken. I don't particularly obsess over it, and I don't search it out...but I appreciate a good a$$ kicking every now and then...especially if it's Cam that's getting the kicking

-Stef
                              Yeah, I agree with all of that. (Yes, Shep has his own whump thread )

Comment

I didn't think Sam knew Cam before the Antarctica thing. I was under the impression they became friends after that experience...
                                -Stef
                                Actually, I always kind of had the opposite impression - that they'd been friends for a long time. I don't think canon tells us either way, unless I missed it, but something about the way they talked to each other in Avalon - it just felt like old friends. But that's just my personal take on it.
                                - Life after Stargate -
                                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X