Cameron Mitchell/Samantha Carter Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stef View Post
    I've had the same problem. Let me see what I can do for you *rolls up sleeves* First off...are you using Firefox? Because for some reason my Firefox is only sometimes compatible with the site. Don't ask me why. If this is the case, I would try using Internet Explorer. I've had no problems with that one so far.

-Stef
    I used FF AND Netscape... I don't have IE on this thing. Windows is stupid and I can't download the new version, so... no. No IE. But when I clicked on your link again this morning (in Netscape) the page said it was done loading, but all I got was the header. Tried in FF after that and got the same result.

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
      I used FF AND Netscape... I don't have IE on this thing. Windows is stupid and I can't download the new version, so... no. No IE. But when I clicked on your link again this morning (in Netscape) the page said it was done loading, but all I got was the header. Tried in FF after that and got the same result.
      Yeah, I always get the same thing when I use FF...that header and then...nothing. Try this link...for some reason is just worked for me: MAIN PAGE. Although, the nominations page still doesn't work on my Firefox. It does work on Mozilla as well though...so maybe try that? All I know from my attempts to make a site is that the coding for all of these programs are different. Like things work in FF that don't work in IE and vice versa. Although the people running this site should have been aware of that...

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
        The writers really SHOULD start taking Cam/Sam shippers into consideration...
        Yes they should....

Hey, just wanted to let everyone know that voting for The 2007 Stargate Fan Awards has finally opened.

Can I just say how awesome I think it is that for such a small ship, we have such a big presence in these awards? Least of which...we got our own "best video" category!!! I'm excited about that one simply because I didn't think we had enough vids in general So go and vote now. There are C/S stuff in almost every category, so make sure you stop by and check out each category (fiction, art, videos).

-Stef
        YAY! We have a category! YAY!
        But I'm using IE and it's not working for me- the main page is- but not the nominations page..*grumble*
        sigpic
        Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
        |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Yeah, I always get the same thing when I use FF...that header and then...nothing. Try this link...for some reason is just worked for me: MAIN PAGE. Although, the nominations page still doesn't work on my Firefox. It does work on Mozilla as well though...so maybe try that? All I know from my attempts to make a site is that the coding for all of these programs are different. Like things work in FF that don't work in IE and vice versa. Although the people running this site should have been aware of that...

-Stef
          Originally posted by Anjirika View Post
          But I'm using IE and it's not working for me- the main page is- but not the nominations page..*grumble*
          Same with me and Netscape. The main page is fine, but as soon as I click on nominees or "vote" I get nothin' Can't even ask them a question via the FAQ feature

Comment

Thought this new promo photo from AoT (which Neelan kindly help retreive) would be especially welcome here.

Comment

Ahh. Don't they look good together. And so nice for cropping too. I hate these promo pics because of their persistant lack of Vala, but hey, for the uses of this thread, this is good. Thanks!
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rose View Post
                Thought this new promo photo from AoT (which Neelan kindly help retreive) would be especially welcome here.

Aww They're the perfect center Thanks!
                Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                Ahh. Don't they look good together. And so nice for cropping too. I hate these promo pics because of their persistant lack of Vala, but hey, for the uses of this thread, this is good. Thanks!
                Oh, trust me, I am sooooo with you on that one.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Okay, this sucks! I voted for some of the SG-1 catagories, and now the stupid sgfan awards site doesn't even completely load anymore! WTF? How am I supposed to finish voting? Or do they expect you to go through the 1000 or so entries all in one go? 'Cause even I don't play on the computer for that long!

Stef... any ideas? You're the guru.
                  Delurking to see if I can help. I've talked to one of our tech girls and she says:

This appears to be a caching problem, either on their personal machine
                  or
                  on their ISP. Have them try this:

clear their cache
                  delete their temporary internet files
                  clear their cookies
                  exit their browser
                  start their browser
                  go here: http://www.stargatefanawards.com/2007/index.php

If they still can't get the page to load fully, have them do a control f5
                  to force their browser to go back to our server and load it from there
                  instead of wherever it's trying to load it from.

I don't know if this'll help, but I've had a couple of questions on the LJ account with the same problem so I asked myself instead of just giving everyone the help email. If it doesn't work, email them [email protected] and they can offer some other suggestions.

It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                    Oh, Vala's there. She's standing right behind Daniel. But she has her hand wrapped around his... hips and that's why all the others are trying so hard not to smile.
                    Hey, that's not what you see?

Comment

Oh, Vala's there. She's standing right behind Daniel. But she has her hand wrapped around his... hips and that's why all the others are trying so hard not to smile.
                      Hey, that's not what you see?
                      You have no idea how much I giggled when reading that That's what I always thought too

-Stef

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons View Post
                        Delurking to see if I can help. I've talked to one of our tech girls and she says:

This appears to be a caching problem, either on their personal machine
                        or
                        on their ISP. Have them try this:

clear their cache
                        delete their temporary internet files
                        clear their cookies
                        exit their browser
                        start their browser
                        go here: http://www.stargatefanawards.com/2007/index.php

If they still can't get the page to load fully, have them do a control f5
                        to force their browser to go back to our server and load it from there
                        instead of wherever it's trying to load it from.

I don't know if this'll help, but I've had a couple of questions on the LJ account with the same problem so I asked myself instead of just giving everyone the help email. If it doesn't work, email them [email protected] and they can offer some other suggestions.

I unticked the sig box so no-one will throw tomatoes at me

I did all the above things, and it worked fine the first time. Then when I came back again, I couldn't access the site! After playing around for a while, I found that if I don't tick the remember me box, but log in each time I access the site, I get on fine!

Hope this helps!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                          I unticked the sig box so no-one will throw tomatoes at me

I did all the above things, and it worked fine the first time. Then when I came back again, I couldn't access the site! After playing around for a while, I found that if I don't tick the remember me box, but log in each time I access the site, I get on fine!

Hope this helps!
                          I'm signed in right now, so I'll keep it up for as long as possible... vote throughout the day. Thanks for the tip, Oma! I guess the problem is in their cookie, not our computers.

Comment

You have no idea how much I giggled when reading that That's what I always thought too

-Stef
                            *giggles* Thought some of you would like that.
                            I edited a couple of the new promos into CamSam yumminess. Feel free to snurch.

Spoiler:

Comment

Me like, thanks! I'm in the process myself of manipulating some of those promo shots...mostly to include Vala

-Stef

Comment

Me like, thanks! I'm in the process myself of manipulating some of those promo shots...mostly to include Vala

-Stef
                                Very cool. I love Claudia, so I like to see her in there

Comment

Working...
                                X