Cameron Mitchell/Samantha Carter Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost View Post
    I haven't heard the Firefly commentaries, but I agree about the FarScape commentaries. Ben and Claudia were great together. Actually, Ben with anybody made great commentaries. Some others tend to get bogged down with technical background and the "art of acting/directing/whatever", which doesn't interest me, but Ben always seems to be actually watching the episode and commenting on the stuff on the scene or characters and giving little annecdotes about filming and working with the others.

I'd have loved to had Ben with the other cast members doing the commentaries for a bunch of Stargate episodes.
    What I like about Ben and Claudia doing commentaries, other than the banter, is that they do watch the eps and point out everything the fans point out as areas of concern, weaknesses, strengths, etc. They can point out the areas the fans felt stronger about, etc. If you listen to their commentaries and read the comments on the forums about these eps, they run together.

Comment

Originally posted by figment View Post
      Amanda has done commentaries for Line In the Sand, The Road Not Taken and Unending.

None done by Ben or Claudia.
      I was just about to ask which episode was 'The Road Not Taken', but then I remembered it was the one with the awesome Sam/Cam scenes. (Yes, i'm really that weird...I don't see eps, I see their scenes, lol) I really can't wait to see this episode again, and the one with SG1 on the Ori ship earlier on in the season...the copies we saw skipped quite a bit in the latter part of the episodes, which sucked, and took away from the enjoyment of all those wonderful S/C scenes I mentioned

Spoiler:
      MULTI-SHIPPER, AND PROUD

My command is this: Love each other as
      I have loved you. Greater love has no man than
      this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
      - John 15:12,13

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti
        I'm leaving GW. Just before I go I have a couple of confessions to make.
        I've made at least 20+ clones to rate the threads accordingly
        (Terrible for Cam, Daniel, Daniel/Vala, Sam/Cam, Vala and once for SaGC threads
        Excellent for SaGC, RDA thunk thread and SJ shipper family), and I used 3 clones in Fun&Games section (Petemoretti, ccdsah, nihela)

Clones I use frequently
        petemoretti
        ccdsah
        nihela
        Other clones
        hasdcc
        petemoretti2

I'm sorry for all the trouble I've caused...

I would like to apologise for Pete's behaviour and assure you that he does not represent the majority of S/J shippers. Most of us are disgusted by his behaviour.

There's one in every group, I guess.

Heh, please continue with your regular scheduled shipping
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by DropsOfAngst View Post
          I was just about to ask which episode was 'The Road Not Taken', but then I remembered it was the one with the awesome Sam/Cam scenes. (Yes, i'm really that weird...I don't see eps, I see their scenes, lol) I really can't wait to see this episode again, and the one with SG1 on the Ori ship earlier on in the season...the copies we saw skipped quite a bit in the latter part of the episodes, which sucked, and took away from the enjoyment of all those wonderful S/C scenes I mentioned
          No, I'm like that too. I usually remember scenes more than the episodes themselves. That's why episodes like "Memento Mori," "The Quest Pt.2," and "Line in the Sand" stand out so much more to me than solid episodes like "The Pegasus Project" and "Counterstrike." While I remember liking both episodes at the time, there was no moment with a big, emotional impact. So, they kind of fade in my memory

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by DropsOfAngst View Post
            Same here That's why Line if the Sand is one of my favorites because of the scenes between Sam and Cam On the other hand, Neverending is my least due to Cam's rude attitude toward Sam. No problem, I just watch LITS again to restore my ship .

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post
              Same here That's why Line if the Sand is one of my favorites because of the scenes between Sam and Cam On the other hand, Neverending is my least due to Cam's rude attitude toward Sam. No problem, I just watch LITS again to restore my ship .
              Ha! It took me a second to figure out what episode you were referring to. "Neverending, there is no such episode! Did I miss one?" I'm a little slow sometimes. In all fairness, Cam was a rude to everyone....clearly, he is not good at being enclosed in confined spaces for extended periods of time. We just saw him take out his frustration the most on Sam because she was the one telling him that there was no way out. Yeah, I didn't like the way he snapped at her...but I guess it's okay because he was just crabby in general. Besides, I think the brunt of his anger was aimed at his quarters

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                No, I'm like that too. I usually remember scenes more than the episodes themselves. That's why episodes like "Memento Mori," "The Quest Pt.2," and "Line in the Sand" stand out so much more to me than solid episodes like "The Pegasus Project" and "Counterstrike." While I remember liking both episodes at the time, there was no moment with a big, emotional impact. So, they kind of fade in my memory

-Stef
                Oh good, so I'm not alone there. I can't remember what "Counterstrike" was about, but The Pegasus Project I remember because of the Cam/Sam/Rodney scene, it was just funny the way Cam jumped to stop Rodney from speaking the way he was with Sam. Or at least that's my shippy perspective on it And that is of course if it's the right episode I'm thinking of too lol

I kept wondering why you thought Cam was rude to Sam in that AU Sam episode....then Stef mentioned the word 'Neverending', and I didn't notice it was capitlized before so yeah...NOW I know to which episode you are referring, I don't feel like quite so much of a ditz The way I look at that episode, and in particular the way he is towards Sam is it's sexual tension. Their banter to me was just so suggestive of that. I mean perhaps not the actual intent from TPTB, but that's how I saw it and after the more recent news I'm more inclined to keep in my little bubble of make believe on the matter

LitS is just so....it just has so much in it. And I really can't wait to get the DVDs. So hoping they arrive in the mail tomorrow, but as I have no idea at all how long expedited shipping will take (they say it might not get here til the latest of the 12th of August, which is much too far away for my liking), all I can do is wait. Wonderful acting from Ben and Amanda, though.

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                Ha! It took me a second to figure out what episode you were referring to. "Neverending, there is no such episode! Did I miss one?" I'm a little slow sometimes. In all fairness, Cam was a rude to everyone....clearly, he is not good at being enclosed in confined spaces for extended periods of time. We just saw him take out his frustration the most on Sam because she was the one telling him that there was no way out. Yeah, I didn't like the way he snapped at her...but I guess it's okay because he was just crabby in general. Besides, I think the brunt of his anger was aimed at his quarters

-Stef
                Don't forget all the scenes we were weren't privy to. I.e, that one time, in the kitchen, when Sam and Cam were on dishes duty and ended up having a play fight with soap suds, which very quickly escelated to them..........................you get the idea, surely
                Last edited by DropsOfAngst; 27 July 2007, 02:06 AM. Reason: i can't spell worth a dime shhhhh

Spoiler:
                MULTI-SHIPPER, AND PROUD

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                  I would like to apologise for Pete's behaviour and assure you that he does not represent the majority of S/J shippers. Most of us are disgusted by his behaviour.

There's one in every group, I guess.

Heh, please continue with your regular scheduled shipping
                  After he left that message I went hunting around to see if there was any reaction and, of the threads I checked, the S/J thread did have the biggest reaction, and it was, as you say, negative towards his behavior. While I didn't think that type of behavior would be appreciated in most fandoms, I was heartened to see you all take a stand.

Thank you very much for visiting and please know that most of us realize that one fan's behavior doesn't represent the group.

You were very gracious for visiting. Thank you.

Comment

Is Neverending the same thing as Unending? I think so, by what you are saying. I only saw that one once, so I don't remember Cam being rude to Sam. I remember him being generally unhappy and frustrated and probably being generally rude at times, but in my memory, I don't single out that he was particularly rude to Sam. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that my residual memory doesn't see it that way. Maybe if I comment directly after watching, I'll see it differently.

This whole post was kind of pointless, wasn't it?

Oh, here, maybe this will be better...
                    ...but The Pegasus Project I remember because of the Cam/Sam/Rodney scene, it was just funny the way Cam jumped to stop Rodney from speaking the way he was with Sam. Or at least that's my shippy perspective on it And that is of course if it's the right episode I'm thinking of too lol
                    Oh, I don't think you have to be shippy to see it that way [but it's more fun with the shippy aspect]. Cam was definitely stopping Rodney from making sexist remarks about a valued member of his team and someone he cares about. And Cam looked damn sexy when he did it!!!

Comment

Is Neverending the same thing as Unending? I think so, by what you are saying. I only saw that one once, so I don't remember Cam being rude to Sam. I remember him being generally unhappy and frustrated and probably being generally rude at times, but in my memory, I don't single out that he was particularly rude to Sam. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that my residual memory doesn't see it that way. Maybe if I comment directly after watching, I'll see it differently.

This whole post was kind of pointless, wasn't it?

Oh, here, maybe this will be better...

Oh, I don't think you have to be shippy to see it that way [but it's more fun with the shippy aspect]. Cam was definitely stopping Rodney from making sexist remarks about a valued member of his team and someone he cares about. And Cam looked damn sexy when he did it!!!
                      Yep, it's the same. "Note to self - must memorize names of those episodes I quote in posts."

Pretty bad with names of episodes I don't care for but LITS and PP stand out . I realize each person sees/interprets each episode differently. Unfortunately, other than the peck in the mouth at Christmas, I mostly saw that Cam had an attitude with Sam. For the last show of the series, I was a little heart broken. I didn't expect romance but a continued strong friendship even in the toughest of time.

And yes Cam did look very sexy in that PP scene .

Comment

Yep, it's the same. "Note to self - must memorize names of those episodes I quote in posts."
                        Hey, I had to go to the list of episodes to figure it out, so I'm not criticizing! Sometimes, when you all start discussing multiple episodes, I have to open another window with the list of episodes and the short descriptions to figure out what you are talking about!
                        Pretty bad with names of episodes I don't care for but LITS and PP stand out . I realize each person sees/interprets each episode differently. Unfortunately, other than the peck in the mouth at Christmas, I mostly saw that Cam had an attitude with Sam. For the last show of the series, I was a little heart broken. I didn't expect romance but a continued strong friendship even in the toughest of time.
                        I'm not saying your wrong and maybe I felt the same way when I watched and maybe my shippy heart just changed things around in my memory. I do vaguely remember him blaming her for their situation, but apparently I made concessions for him, because, well, right or wrong, I'll aways make concessions for Cameron.

And yes Cam did look very sexy in that PP scene .

Comment

Yes, I know -- just a friendly peck

Comment

Eeeee! I squee like the shippy fangirl I am whenever I see that cap, so thanks for sharing!

Ay, indeed it is And he so totally did! I love it when he's all serious and being so damn hot...it's a wonder Sam is able to restrain herself when around him

Spoiler:
                            MULTI-SHIPPER, AND PROUD

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X