Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the situation of Jack/RDA be explained?(possibe spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure it's important anymore. They take great care to mention O'Neill from time to time, a la Beachhead, in a manner indicating that he is above Landry and the SGC. While I would like to see resolution for the character, I wouldn't be shocked if they hold out a return for the series finale (end of S10, perhaps?).

I'd like them to resolve the Sam/Jack dynamic as well as explain, why exactly Jack would take a promotion over retirement if he thought the greatest threat to Earth had been dealt with and that the Wraith were contained in Pegasus.

Oh well, we'll get what we get and deal. It's the nature of the fan.
    The Eye of Botox has been formally recognized by the System Lords! Beware my fire-y wrath!!

by Nikkirose

Comment

Originally posted by strivaria
      I don't know how familiar any of you are with the military, but people get transfered all the time with even less fanfare than Jack got. So, no I don't think there needs to be much more said about Jack's leaving. He's gone, it sucks, the rest of the gang soldiers on. Just like any other military unit.
      Yes, but this is the fake military when the boys get to wear tight muscle T-shirts, where Vala gets to hang out, wear leather, read classified material and go to Washington with the team and make penis jokes at a hearing; SG-1 isn't like just any other military unit.

Comment

I don't know how familiar any of you are with the military, but people get transfered all the time with even less fanfare than Jack got. So, no I don't think there needs to be much more said about Jack's leaving. He's gone, it sucks, the rest of the gang soldiers on. Just like any other military unit.

A throw away line from one of the characters telling the audience where he is would have been nice. Not everyone who watches the show goes online. And I find it poor story telling on the part of tptb.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble
          Yes, but this is the fake military when the boys get to wear tight muscle T-shirts, where Vala gets to hang out, wear leather, read classified material and go to Washington with the team and make penis jokes at a hearing; SG-1 isn't like just any other military unit.
          Uh, actually they are. They're a lot like the units I was in.. without the whole wormhole traveling and world saving thing. And not so much with the Vala either... but tight t-shirts, civilians and lewd jokes... yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by SGLAB
            A throw away line from one of the characters telling the audience where he is would have been nice. Not everyone who watches the show goes online. And I find it poor story telling on the part of tptb.
            My point, exactly!!
            sigpic

Comment

Uh, actually they are. They're a lot like the units I was in.. without the whole wormhole traveling and world saving thing. And not so much with the Vala either... but tight t-shirts, civilians and lewd jokes... yeah.
              I appreciate your insight into the military community. I believe what you say but because this is fictional, I was expecting them to close the story arc regarding where O'Neill is posted, or better yet, retired! Sadly, they did not. Oh, I know what you're thinkin'........Shipper!! That would be me!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Just in case someone missed out on this issue **hee, hee** now's your chance to share your thoughts!!! Especially those of us in the U.S. and other parts of the world that saw Fourth Horseman 2 recently. Did you notice the white elephant in the room???
                sigpic

Comment

Its bad storytelling when you are relying on Fanatic-fans (those that go online to the shows websites) to explain to regular fans (everyone else) what has happened on the show. The writers of the show should actually try explaining what has happened on the show.... with that storytelling stuff... you know.... in the show.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                    Just in case someone missed out on this issue **hee, hee** now's your chance to share your thoughts!!! Especially those of us in the U.S. and other parts of the world that saw Fourth Horseman 2 recently. Did you notice the white elephant in the room???
                    Apparently, I didn't. Care to explain to me?

There's only us,
                    There's only this
                    Forget regret, or life is yours to miss
                    No other road,
                    No other way
                    No day but today...

Comment

Originally posted by KillerMercury
                      Apparently, I didn't. Care to explain to me?
                      Remember this thread has possible spoilers and I definitely have a Season 9
                      4th Horseman 2 spoiler:
                      When Hammond the Civilian entered the briefing room and chatted with Sam, Daniel, and Cameron, it would have been an opportune time for some reminiscing about Jack. Or, when Hammond said he was returning to Washington he could have indicated it was to report back to Jack the Homeworld Security chief. Whom, by the way, TPTB still have not included in the script that Jack is Homeworld chief.

The scene screamed "Jack" and not one word was said about him. That's the elephant!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Phewwww, spent the last 20min looking for an comment from Joe that I knew I had read... so Joe Mallozzi sometimes responds to some question asked in his blog, this is from the December 21st Blog's comment.

"Will you share with the people here WHY you chose to write Jack's departure as you did?"
                        Originally posted by JMallozzi
                        To be honest, this was nothing something that was discussed at length in the room. It was decided that we would touch on the character as part of the opening three-parter, including references to his new position and an appearance by O'Neill. Between script and screen, the specific reference to his being appointed to head Homeworld Security was lost. The backstory had Jack accepting the position at HS in order to act as a facilitator for Stargate Command visavis the Pentagon and the IOA, something we had hoped to convey over the course of season 9 - obviously a little too subtly for many.
                        So there was an intention to explain... I mean of course there should be, not all fans are on the internet... but still to the question raised on this thread... my answer YES, they should...

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                        Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                          Phewwww, spent the last 20min looking for an comment from Joe that I knew I had read... so Joe Mallozzi sometimes responds to some question asked in his blog, this is from the December 21st Blog's comment.

So there was an intention to explain... I mean of course there should be, not all fans are on the internet... but still to the question raised on this thread... my answer YES, they should...
                          Thanks for sharing Joe's reply!!! At least one of TPTB admitted that the subtle handling of Jack's departure was bungled. OK, OK, I'm paraphrasing his remark!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X