Daniel Jackson/Michael Shanks Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CindyLouFett
    Unfortunately, I have a VERY dull job as a programmer. I keep myself awake by doing fun stuff like wallpapers whenever the boss isn't around

Cynthia
    Ah, sorry I haven't properly welcomed you yet- now I'm reading the thread BACKWARDS, which isn't exactly helping...dead gerbil and all....

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
    Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
    ~CELLO!~
    ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Another question for this dreary Friday (yes, it's yucky here in sunny Florida, too). At the con, several people pointed out these beads Michael wears around his wrist in one of the autograph pictures:

http://plaza.ufl.edu/cbowker/SciFiFa...niel_beads.jpg

I'd never noticed them before. I showed the picture to a woman I know who's very knowledgeable about all sorts of cultures, and she said they look like Buddhist prayer beads. That sounds like something Daniel might wear. Does anybody have any info on this? I'm kinda curious.

Cynthia
      Cindy, the story I've heard (from reliable sources Dana Jeanne) is that Tatiana made him the bracelet.

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox
        You wanna try bathing Max, feel free, I know the name of a good plastic surgeon...
        I know what you mean.....I have the scars to prove it, too....

*still trying to read up on three weeks' worth of thunking...*

~CELLO!~

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
          Cynthia - that was a WONDERFUL report! Your descriptions of the delivery of the answers was as interesting as the answers themselves. I can tell you had a great time and that this won't be your last con experience. Thank you!!
          Thanks. I had a great time watching the video over and over and over and over in order to get the descriptions accurate This will definitely not be my last con. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Michael's coming back to the Southeast US anytime soon

Cynthia

Comment

Originally posted by Jillybiehn
            Cindy, the story I've heard (from reliable sources Dana Jeanne) is that Tatiana made him the bracelet.
            (Alltogether now...) Aww, how sweeeeeeet! Actually, that really is cool. He must be a neat dad

Cynthia

Comment

Originally posted by Iskandra
              Ah, sorry I haven't properly welcomed you yet- now I'm reading the thread BACKWARDS, which isn't exactly helping...dead gerbil and all....
              That's ok; nice to meet you

Cynthia

Comment

Was capping Legacy for nefarious purposes and this frame just SCREAMED Mei Mei:

Comment

That's ok; nice to meet you

Cynthia
                  Oh, and of course your lovely sig!

(I'm also a not-so-closet fan of Rodney!)

~CELLO!~

Comment

Con Report PART IV:

http://plaza.ufl.edu/cbowker/SciFiFa...5/serious2.jpg
                    Q: Is there going to be a second Stargate movie?
                    A: Michael thinks there will be. He said that the original plan was for the show to end with season 5, then they’d have a movie that would wrap everything up. But “people just keep watching the darn show”, so plans for a movie have been put off. A movie would probably happen when the show is over for good, but he doesn’t know exactly what it would entail.

Q: Is Michael’s real-life wife, Lexa Doig, going to be a love interest for Daniel on the show?
                    A: Michael says he hopes not. He explained that his wife, actress Lexa Doig, will play the new base doctor in season 9. He says “she’s kinda cute” , but there are no plans for a romantic relationship between the two characters. He doesn’t like the “lovey-dovey smush-smush stuff”, and that it belongs not on the show but in the “imaginations of our wonderful fans.” He mentioned a Daniel / Thor slash fiction he was sent recently, and said it was “disturbing” He also says there are no plans for Claudia Black’s character to be a love interest for Daniel.

Q: My other neighbor, Arlene, asked Michael how he’s holding up to the hockey lockout.
                    A: He looked quite sad, but said he was ok He said, “You all must be pissed, huh? Tampa wins the cup, and all of a sudden, that’s the end of hockey.” He says he realized that since he’s not watching hockey all the time, he got his life back, his wife got her husband back, and he sees Chris Judge far less. He’ll be ok as long as the lockout doesn’t last longer than a year.

Q: Since eight chevrons take us to the Pegasus galaxy, are there any plans to try a ninth chevron?
                    A: Michael said “there are plans for that in season 16”, then said more seriously that there are no immediate plans to deal with a ninth chevron.

Q: Why didn’t Sam marry Pete?
                    A: “Because he was a stalker?” Michael said he was the wrong guy to be asking this question of. He said, “Wasn’t it because of some unrequited love between her and Jack? I don’t know.” So apparently he’s not sure about this one

Q: How often does he work out?
                    A: “Today, not at all.” He tries to work out four times a week.

Q: Which does he like better – writing, acting, or directing?
                    A: Michael said that he plans to continue acting. He likes directing more, but that’s much more demanding on a technical level. Writing is fun, and he enjoys the shows mythology. He said that it’s sort of like playing Dungeons and Dragons when he was a kid.

Cynthia
                    ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Thanks so much for the report. It was hilarious. I have tears running down my face, I am laughing so hard.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

I agree! Thank you so much! I really liked reading it.
                      The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Live life for what you have and those you love.

Comment

Our boy in blue again, just because it is SO his color and I am feeling very in need of some color today.

Comment

Very cute!
                          The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Live life for what you have and those you love.

Comment

Our boy in blue again, just because it is SO his color and I am feeling very in need of some color today.
                            Blue is definitely his color. When I first started watching the show, I thought they'd digitally altered his eyes. I thought it was really weird until I realized that his eyes really are that blue Ooof, I'm starting to swoon again...

Cynthia

Comment

Alrighty bags all packed, tapes in the VCR set to tape Stargate, Atlantis and BSG, cats are all sitted on (unlike FF I don't have to pay danger money...I hope) and the clone is already to be sat on by you guys. Please don't damage him too much, no stealing his bandana and if I catch you all putting boonies on him, I may get hostile when I get back .

Seriously, off for the Easter weekend to my moms. I might be able to pop my head in every now and again but I will probably just be lurking. Have a fab weekend, enjoy Moebius Part 2 and try not to spoil it for me too much before I have a chance to watch it on Sunday . Argh the agony of waiting!

Off to sit in traffic...

My evil Daniel clone can't believe the traffic....

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
                              Photobucket

Comment

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...6/Fallen_2.jpg
                                How about Red

Dee Dee xx
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                                MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Working...
                                X