No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Michael Shanks Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double thunk before I have to get ready for work...

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wirthless
              A good archaeologist can never have too much reference material.
              Exactly! And it is important to be well-rounded in your reading, of course. Daniel is an information sponge type. He's just...branching out...

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
              still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Suebsg9
                CINDY this is sue who contacted you earlier via email anyway you want anything MS be happy to help you out highlander and twilight zone he is on about 5 mins! he has done some movies also! SUMURU which is a must see so contact me!
                Thanks!

Cynthia

Comment

Comment

I don't think I've mentioned how much I enjoy the pictures and captions That's actually how I started hanging around this particular thread. I sat at my desk chuckling for quite a while the day I discovered it. You guys are good

Cynthia

Comment

Originally posted by DJFavorite
                      Here's a cap from the Twilight Zone.... I have a few more, but like Sue said, he's just in this one
                      Ooooh, how cute! How old was he when that episode was filmed? He looks young. It looks like the ep will be worth it just for that scene

Cynthia

Comment

Comment

Well, I managed to get about half of my report on Michael's con appearance typed up before the boss came in. I also got a few screen caps from my video, but the quality isn't great. I'll put the whole thing up on my website later, but here's what I've got so far.

PART I:

Posing for the audience

Gratuitous butt shot

As soon as Michael bounded up on stage, half the audience ran stage-ward to start snapping pictures. Michael stood there patiently, posing and throwing kisses and generally just hamming it up. The guy's adorable

The session followed the standard Q and A format.

Q: What is Claudia Black like to work with?
                          A: From what I've read on the 'net, Michael's pretty well known for his sarcastic wit, and this appearance was no exception. When asked about Claudia Black, he replied, "Ah, she's ok." Then he got a little more serious, and said that she's a joy to work with and a consummate professional. She'll be in 5 or 6 episodes of season 9.

Q: What is Michael's choice to leave the show, or was he forced out?
                          A: Michael made it clear that he definitely wasn't forced out. He felt "a little underutilized", and decided it was time for him to move on.

Q: I couldn’t hear this question very well. It was something about his return to the show at the beginning of season 7.
                          A: “I’ve always said that if you’re going to come back to a show, come back naked.” The decision to have Daniel appear naked was not Michael’s choice; rather, it was “a writer with an active imagination.” I think this story’s been told at many conventions, so I’ll just summarize. The scene was filmed in a public park in Vancouver in February. Michael was wearing nothing but a “modesty patch, which was about the size of a 25 cent stamp – so it was a little big on me.” Usually, a closed set means only essential personnel will be present during a shoot. During this one, however, “essential personnel apparently means anybody not within a 10 mile radius.” He said the cold weather made his manhood “more boyish.”

Cynthia
                          Last edited by CindyLouFett; 25 March 2005, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Oooops, my smiley's are turning into J's... Need to do a better job of proofreading...

Con Report PART III:

Q: A brave woman from the Our Stargate group (I believe her name was Dana) asked “how many episodes we’ll have to endure before Daniel shaves”
                            A: Michael was so cute as he replied to this question. He said, putting a slightly hurt tone to his voice, “Why? You don’t like it?” To which Dana diplomatically replied, “Not on Daniel.” Michael answered, “I got news for you – I only play him on TV, honey.” He said he got a letter from a fan saying that the beard was ok as long as it didn’t look like “that dead gerbil” he had in Sumuru. He likes the beard, and said that Daniel will be sporting it for at least the first four episodes of season 9.

Q: How does Michael feel about Daniel getting more involved in the action on the show?
                            A: Michael said it wasn’t so much about making Daniel more action oriented; rather it was more about making Daniel “not hide behind so many rocks.” He talked about the episode Lockdown, in which “Teal’c shoots him, Jack shoots him, Carter shoots him…”, and Avatar, in which “Teal’c shoots him, Teal’c shoots him, Teal’c shoots him… Teal’c shoots him…” He also talked about Endgame, when Daniel finally gets to throw a punch at a guy, “then gets his ass kicked.” Meanwhile, Carter, who’s tied to a chair with her hands behind her back, manages to get off a few good kicks

Q: Has Michael received any injuries on the set?
                            A: Several audience members started giggling at this question, which prompted Michael to ask why they were laughing. He started acting silly and said, “Well, I bruised my noodle…” He talked about Endgame again, in which both NID guys had stunt doubles but he didn’t. When he asked Peter DeLuise about this, Peter replied, “You’re a big strong man. I thought you’d be offended. Christopher Judge said you’d be offended.” Michael declared, “CHRISTOPHER JUDGE said I’d be offended??” He drew a circle around his chest with his finger and said, “Human shield.” He also mentioned Moebius Part II, in which everyone on the set had a stunt double but him, even though he gets shot with a staff blast and several rounds of automatic weapons fire.

Q: How are they planning to introduce Ben Browder’s character?
                            A: Michael asked the woman’s name, to which she replied “Jennifer.” Michael said, with a flourish, “Jennifer, this is Ben Browder’s character.” Yuk yuk He explained that Browder’s character, “Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell… Arantxa Sánchez Vicario…”, was a pilot in the episode Lost City. The story will be that Mitchell was involved in the space battle alongside SG1 and “saved our bacon”, and gets offered any position in the SGC that he wants. Logically, he chooses to be a part of SG1

Cynthia

Comment

Originally posted by CindyLouFett
                              Con Report PART III:
                              WHOA! I missed part II! Sorry about that. Here it is:

Q: What’s Peter DeLuise like?
                              A: Michael said that Peter is a very enthusiastic director who’s lots of fun to work with. “His energy is infectious.” He said that Peter tends to keep the cameras rolling after takes have ended, and messes around with the actors. He plays around so much that “he’s probably on camera more than most guest stars.” Michael also said he swears like a drunken sailor

Q: My enthusiastic young neighbor asked about what sorts of pranks Christopher Judge has pulled on the set.
                              A: Michael said that “Chris is a lot of talk.” He talks about big stunts he’s going to pull, but rarely gets around to it, although he has taped a few people to trees. He talked about initiating Ben Browder and Claudia Black by Saran Wrapping their toilet bowls, but never did. Michael then told us about something that happened during the filming of the first episode of season 9. Teal’c and Ben Browder’s character are trapped in some sort of building, and Daniel’s trying to get them out. When the danger has passed, Daniel walks over to the building and waits as a door opens. As soon as the door opened, Michael saw “this big black ass - if you’ve seen Wormhole Extreme, you get the idea.”

Michael also talked about how proficient Christopher Judge is at passing gas. “He can clear entire buildings.” Michael told us that just the week before, Christopher had been snorking down loads of cashews just before they got on a plane. Christopher said to Michael, “Dude, I feel sorry for the person who’s sitting next to me on that plane”, to which Michael replied, “Dude, that’s ME.”

Q: The next question was related to the previous one. I couldn’t hear very well, but the person asked about a “hazmat incident” on the show.
                              A: Michael explained that Christopher has mistakenly turned the tables on himself a few times when it comes to pranks. He’ll be wearing a hazmat suit or a space suit when he “forgets where he is and cuts one.” Michael said he’d “never seen a black man turn green” before.

Cynthia

Comment

Con Report PART IV:

Q: Is there going to be a second Stargate movie?
                                A: Michael thinks there will be. He said that the original plan was for the show to end with season 5, then they’d have a movie that would wrap everything up. But “people just keep watching the darn show”, so plans for a movie have been put off. A movie would probably happen when the show is over for good, but he doesn’t know exactly what it would entail.

Q: Is Michael’s real-life wife, Lexa Doig, going to be a love interest for Daniel on the show?
                                A: Michael says he hopes not. He explained that his wife, actress Lexa Doig, will play the new base doctor in season 9. He says “she’s kinda cute” , but there are no plans for a romantic relationship between the two characters. He doesn’t like the “lovey-dovey smush-smush stuff”, and that it belongs not on the show but in the “imaginations of our wonderful fans.” He mentioned a Daniel / Thor slash fiction he was sent recently, and said it was “disturbing” He also says there are no plans for Claudia Black’s character to be a love interest for Daniel.

Q: My other neighbor, Arlene, asked Michael how he’s holding up to the hockey lockout.
                                A: He looked quite sad, but said he was ok He said, “You all must be pissed, huh? Tampa wins the cup, and all of a sudden, that’s the end of hockey.” He says he realized that since he’s not watching hockey all the time, he got his life back, his wife got her husband back, and he sees Chris Judge far less. He’ll be ok as long as the lockout doesn’t last longer than a year.

Q: Since eight chevrons take us to the Pegasus galaxy, are there any plans to try a ninth chevron?
                                A: Michael said “there are plans for that in season 16”, then said more seriously that there are no immediate plans to deal with a ninth chevron.

Q: Why didn’t Sam marry Pete?
                                A: “Because he was a stalker?” Michael said he was the wrong guy to be asking this question of. He said, “Wasn’t it because of some unrequited love between her and Jack? I don’t know.” So apparently he’s not sure about this one

Q: How often does he work out?
                                A: “Today, not at all.” He tries to work out four times a week.

Q: Which does he like better – writing, acting, or directing?
                                A: Michael said that he plans to continue acting. He likes directing more, but that’s much more demanding on a technical level. Writing is fun, and he enjoys the shows mythology. He said that it’s sort of like playing Dungeons and Dragons when he was a kid.

Cynthia
                                Last edited by CindyLouFett; 25 March 2005, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X