Daniel Jackson/Michael Shanks Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiwigater
    This is one forum rule I'm happy to see enforced. We do silly things, but they're rarely manips - they're mostly labelling exisiting photos and caps in crazy and certifiable ways *cough guide to whumping archeologists cough*
    I spend most of my GW time in here so I don't know much of what happens in the other threads.

Plus, manip is what I do for a living, it's the way I express myself, just like the rest of you use language. So I pay close attention when rules are written regarding it's use.
    Last edited by Seshat; 23 March 2005, 08:53 PM. Reason: Because my question was answered nicely. :-)

Comment

Cute.
      The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Live life for what you have and those you love.

Comment

Hey KG, I was thinking about your super whammy-dyne giga-death camera today, and this was my thought: My camera has a setting where it'll shoot frame after frame as long as I press the button. A feature like that would come in handy for capturing the hilarity that is sure to ensue around the signing of the first Field Guide. Mine's not an SLR tho. Can yours be programmed for multiple shots?

Here's another for mei mei. This neck is all wrapped up though, like a present. You like unwrapping presents don't you mei mei?

Edit: I guess the vodka caught up to her, I don't see her on the list any more. Ah well, she'll see it in the morning if she can focus then...
        Last edited by blingaway; 23 March 2005, 08:46 PM.

Comment

I know that I sure do!

Comment

Originally posted by blingaway
            capturing the hilarity that is sure to ensue around the signing of the first Field Guide.
            Which by the way, I think we are still trying to figure out who will be the first.....

I know I'm in the 5th row. Anyone here who's getting it signed in a closer row???
            No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Well, I'm a bit tired, so I'm off to bed.

But before I go, I'll let you know that starting at post 1781, I'll be starting my run to 1800. So, I'm sure sometime tomorrow, I'll be debuting my new custom avatar!!!! WooHoo!!!!
              No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Good-night.

Comment

Originally posted by DJFavorite

But before I go, I'll let you know that starting at post 1781, I'll be starting my run to 1800. So, I'm sure sometime tomorrow, I'll be debuting my new custom avatar!!!! WooHoo!!!!
                  Oh Boy!! I'm there!

I've been remarkably restrained about my bondage fixation lately, so...

I'm off to dream now!

Comment

Originally posted by DJFavorite

I will probably miss it, unless you start early or very late. Have fun!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blingaway
                      Hey KG, I was thinking about your super whammy-dyne giga-death camera today, and this was my thought: My camera has a setting where it'll shoot frame after frame as long as I press the button. A feature like that would come in handy for capturing the hilarity that is sure to ensue around the signing of the first Field Guide. Mine's not an SLR tho. Can yours be programmed for multiple shots?

Here's another for mei mei. This neck is all wrapped up though, like a present. You like unwrapping presents don't you mei mei?

Edit: I guess the vodka caught up to her, I don't see her on the list any more. Ah well, she'll see it in the morning if she can focus then...
                      Why yes Bling, now that you mention it my swish camera DOES do multiple shots. Without the flash it does ~2.4 frames per second for 10 shots or so before the buffer fills and it freaks out That's the one down side with digital. My old film SLR could take an entire film in ~ 5 seconds! Of course, the limiting factor here - film or digital - is how long the flash takes to recharge I plan to experiment when I get there to see if the light is good enough to turn the flash off. My giant zoom lens has a higher minimum apeture than I would like - means I can't take photos without a flash in lower light, but the better lenses start costing thousands of dollars rather than the $100 I paid for mine....

did I mention I LOVE cameras *sheepish* I plan to put this all to good use and take an obscene number of piccies at the con. I was thinking I could come take photos of you girls in Row E getting your autographs and then go back to my lowly position in line in Row J if you like. Assuming the Creation goons are allowing pictures in the autograph line - they did in Chicago, I can only hope they do in Vancouver too.

(really I'm just morbidly curious to see MS's reaction to the Guide - someone got a really good photo of Amanda looking completely horrified as I explained the concept of the Joe Mallozzi Shipper Commune to her and showed the t-shirt I was wearing which demonstrated it LMAO! it's a shipper thread thing ).

Comment

Well since everyone went to bed already (sorry I was at work!) I guess I will post this and you all can see it tomorrow.

DJF and Dr. KG: I deleted the e-mail accidentally that I guess listed seat assignments. And as of yet have not recieved my tickets to the Con (sometime next week I hope) so I haven't a clue where I am sitting or what row. So I will try and hook up with one of you all to have you guys take a series of shots as I try vainly to the guide to MS.

Also, are either of you getting the photo ops? If possible, I would like pics of me giving a copy of the guide to MS. Since I don't know what order the events will be in, he maybe getting the guide as a present before he does autographs. *squeeeee*

Is it April yet?

Dreaming of April....

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
                        Photobucket

Comment

Hey Erin! You're not quite alone here - I'm still up for a little while longer.

I was looking at my invoice and wasn't quite sure what part might indicate my seat - it might be row G?? Guess I'll have to wait and be surprised.

While all this con talk is tempting, I'd better post a pic of our boy to be sure I stay on topic...

Such a cute little smirk.
                          OregonJen

Thanks for the VanCon sig, Nathan!

Comment

Yeah, us Northwesterners are still here. It took me quite a while to get through all the day's posts, but it was well worth it! I did get a few funny looks, though...I thought it best to just leave it and not try & explain. I think it may be a while before I can look at the FedEx guy the same, though...

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
                            still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comment

Welcome to the thread Alaskah! (A bit belated )

Agreed - it was a pretty funny run of ideas today. We certainly have plenty of wonderfully creative folks here.

Daniel may have been a bit concerned about the new "shipping" talk that was going on though.
                              OregonJen

Thanks for the VanCon sig, Nathan!

Comment

I would be concerned too, if I were him. It was bad enough for him to be locked in a padded cell (a la "Legacy"). Imagine being crammed in a box and tossed in the back of a truck. Yeah, I'd say that was good reason for concern

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
                                still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comment

Working...
                                X