Daniel Jackson/Michael Shanks Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiwigater
    Apparantly I've been remiss in my hussie duties What's this Outer Limits ep? when's it on? Those screencaps are ENTIRELY too yummy I think I'd better check out the ep, just to make sure he's that hot the entire way thru....
    that would be MARY 25 michael plays MELBOURNE ROSS!

and its airing on SCIFI ON MARCH 21st <monday morn>!

i will come in sunday and say tonight at midnight watch MARY 25 as a reminder PROMISE
    Sue

sigpic

Our Stargate Forum ~Michael Shanks List ~Michael Shanks Online

Comment

Evening all.

The beanie baby has been returned to its rightful owner (but not before I had to leaflet the whole street so we now are a laughing stock and Max is still in disgrace). It belongs to the neighbour with the ginger tom he's always after, though what a thirty odd year old man is doing collecting beanie babies is another story...

Gulp, those Mary 25 pictures are positively edible. I've never seen the new Outer Limits (but love the old B&W ones) and never felt the urge to see them 'till now.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox
        Evening all.
        The beanie baby has been returned to its rightful owner (but not before I had to leaflet the whole street so we now are a laughing stock and Max is still in disgrace). It belongs to the neighbour with the ginger tom he's always after, though what a thirty odd year old man is doing collecting beanie babies is another story...
        But where will the beanie bandit strike next?

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
          But where will the beanie bandit strike next?
          I. Dread. To. Think.

I might have to nip over to the Jack thunk thread and borrow a clone to whip the little bugger into shape, some O'Neill discipline might be in order.

Or a Teal'c clone? Scare the bugger in to submission.

Daniel and Sam would be right out. Too soft on cats, that boy needs the cat equivilent of boot camp.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox
            I. Dread. To. Think.

I might have to nip over to the Jack thunk thread and borrow a clone to whip the little bugger into shape, some O'Neill discipline might be in order.

Or a Teal'c clone? Scare the bugger in to submission.

Daniel and Sam would be right out. Too soft on cats, that boy needs the cat equivilent of boot camp.
            You could always train Max to start bringing home only teddies.
            With the conveniently attached archaeologist, of course.

Comment

To go waaaay back in the thread, my morning routine is kill the alarm clock, feed the whiny purring cats and turn on the computer. Then it's off to shower sometimes, if I can get to it before the computer boots up. Then I read the threads while enjoying my bowl of Cocoa Puffs.

Yes I know they are loaded with sugar and whatnot...don't care...I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toys R Us kid...

Okay now it's back on topic....mmmm sweater...much too warm here today for that. Gotta love spring!

Off to work now, then karate. See you all when I jet in tonight.

Oh and FF, I am still laughing over your cat burglar. My cats could never do that, they aren't allowed outside, but I am sure I would be feeling the same as you if one of them brought home a beanie baby ROFL.......

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
              Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by erinanderson
                To go waaaay back in the thread, my morning routine is kill the alarm clock, feed the whiny purring cats and turn on the computer. Then it's off to shower sometimes, if I can get to it before the computer boots up. Then I read the threads while enjoying my bowl of Cocoa Puffs.

Yes I know they are loaded with sugar and whatnot...don't care...I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toys R Us kid...
                Aww I was in Toys R Us today buying a birthday pressie for my lovely little great niece who lives down in Cornwall....

Looks like all us hussies are slaves to our computers.....my son is just setting up his new one (early b/day pressie - he's 17 in 2 weeks' time)...and I'm getting his old Surroundsound speakers...Yay!...more music to blast out whilst thunking!!

Dee Dee xx

Is that Dee Dee blasting out Muse in her bedroom again?
                sigpic
                Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Dang work, It hasn't let me have the time to tell you how addicted to thunking I am.

I get up and take my shower. As soon as I get dressed, I come out to my desk and turn on my home and work computers. I log onto GateWorld before I log onto the work computer. And then I have both mice right next to each other and swap back and forth all day long. Then when I'm in a BORING meeting I just hang out here and now one knows.

No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

I fling myself out of bed at 6.50 and feed Max (before he tries to eat the rest of me) do my eblutions and off to work at 7.30.
                    In work by 8.30, quick check of email before I start for the day but no Gateworld for me until I am home at 5.30.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm up and showered and breakfasted and at work at a very late 9am. But that's because my commute is probably much shorter than most of yours -- I have to slog all the way from my bedroom to my office at the front of the house. (Since I'm my own boss no one yells at me for such a late start, except for those clients whose workday starts at 8. But I have most of them trained not to call before 9.) I do design work on the computer all day but can only log on to GW when pesky clients are not clamouring for something rush. Otherwise it's too distracting.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                        I'm up and showered and breakfasted and at work at a very late 9am. But that's because my commute is probably much shorter than most of yours -- I have to slog all the way from my bedroom to my office at the front of the house. (Since I'm my own boss no one yells at me for such a late start, except for those clients whose workday starts at 8. But I have most of them trained not to call before 9.) I do design work on the computer all day but can only log on to GW when pesky clients are not clamouring for something rush. Otherwise it's too distracting.
                        Ok, so how long is your commute? Mine is about 3sec, 5sec if I'm walking slow. Now granted, I have to go into the office once every other week, but I don't count that.

But to keep this on topic...........

sigpic

Comment

*gives DJF and Seshat the 'how lucky are we to work from home' high-five*

I'm up at 0630, an hour before I need to be so that I can get caffeinated before I'm required to do anything for anybody else, and I've already bathed before bed the night before. (Due to bad planning, this morning I had no coffee. I prepared the school lunches and tried to put them in the washing machine instead of the backpacks. )

I open Gateworld while coffee brews and get a cup and a thunk before feeding the gatelets and herding them toward the schoolbus. Thunk 'til 0900, sew, thunk and coffee at 1045, sew, lunch thunk, sew, 1345 thunk and coffee, sew 'til 1500. Then an hour of uninterrupted thunkage, sometimes with capping, till the gatelets get home and then intermittent thunks until the bedtimes. It's a wonderful schedule.

Comment

Well....whereas I no longer have a work commute or pesky clients, my day generally revolves around my gatelet. (She's at the age where that's still forgiveable.) So I get my thunking in during naps and other gracious breaks she deems to allow me. (some days more than others ) So unless I have company, you hussies are the only adult conversation I get during the day. (So....is it really any wonder why I came up with The Guide?)
                            So hearing people reduced to babbling over thunking is really no different than most of my daily conversations.

Topic? There's a topic?

Comment

Originally posted by blingaway

I'm up at 0630, an hour before I need to be so that I can get caffeinated before I'm required to do anything for anybody else, and I've already bathed before bed the night before. (Due to bad planning, this morning I had no coffee. I prepared the school lunches and tried to put them in the washing machine instead of the backpacks. )

I open Gateworld while coffee brews and get a cup and a thunk before feeding the gatelets and herding them toward the schoolbus. Thunk 'til 0900, sew, thunk and coffee at 1045, sew, lunch thunk, sew, 1345 thunk and coffee, sew 'til 1500. Then an hour of uninterrupted thunkage, sometimes with capping, till the gatelets get home and then intermittent thunks until the bedtimes. It's a wonderful schedule.

http://members.cox.net/zgode/AP90.jpg
                              Sew??? What kind of work do you do?? I would love to sew for a living. (but I don't know yet what I would like to sew)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blingaway
                                I can get caffeinated before I'm required to do anything for anybody else... It's a wonderful schedule.

Ah yes, the caffeine really helps. God bless caffeine!

The downside of self-employment for me is the pesky clients who
                                think because I work from home I am available 24/7, esp. weekends.
                                Blechhhh to them.

Also I often work nights and even sometimes holidays when things are busy.
                                But since I've had my share of 7 to 6 jobs, horrific bosses and
                                congested rush hours so I'd say it's a pretty fair trade overall.

Danny thinks more caffeine would only improve the quality of the babbling over thunking.

Comment

Working...
                                X