Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OregonJen
    Good morning!

Okay, so trying to be an obedient pond dweller, I went back to some of my old posts here where I knew I had quoted a pic and it showed up in my reply (tsk, tsk). I was attempting to remove the IMG tags, but I couldn't see them when I tried to edit my message. Can someone give me a clue? Is there some button to push that makes them show?

I'll try to be more careful about this. In the meantime, I hope you all have a very wonderful Friday!! I'm so glad the work week is about over - whew! And tonight is Stargate Friday Night!!!!

Ciao!
    Check to make sure that you have vB code on. Quote someone, and scroll down a ways. There's a heading on the left for additional options. I THINK that might solve your problem.

ETA: OK, I'm totally stumped! I have no idea what you need to change to see the coding. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
    Last edited by Jillybiehn; 04 March 2005, 09:44 AM.

Comment

LMAO!
      I am thoroughly enjoying my "required reading" for whumping class

but I'm a bit of a geek (who-da-thunk-it? ), I'd like to "read" ahead in the class, thought I might start "practising" for the hands-on component.... *calls out sweetly* ohhhh Daaaannnniieeeelllll.........

On a completely different not, now that I've defended my Teal'c sig no longer applies! If anyone felt so inclined I'd love to see what imaginative new sig reflecting my new not-so-much grad student status anyone could come up with

Comment

Originally posted by Jillybiehn
        Well, I WAS going to go hop in the shower, but maybe I'll stick around for the field guide...

@Foxie: carved butter and fried foods on a stick? So you missed the lutefisk booth and the cow tipping competition, huh...ja, it's hard to see everything you want at the fair...
        I've been to Minnesota twice.
        The state fair was a sight to behold! I went with a bunch of fans, including a very cool New Yorker - I think he was more boggled by the butter carving than I was! We all went on to the Worldcon in Chicago and it was election year, every time you turned on the news they seemed to be at Minnesota state fair in the butter carving hall! We felt as though we were couldn't escape it. It's easy to poke fun at some of the stuff there but I adored it, such innocent fun.
        I was the Guest of Honour at a convention in Minneapolis in 2003 and got to go back again, I love Minnesota fans (and the wonderful sushi place we went to in St Paul - the best sushi I have ever had and it's about as far from the sea as you can get!).

And now, back on topic, why are all my favourite pics with Danny in blue - must be something to do with those beautiful eyes. So here's a double thunk where he isn't, from Prisoners, snaffled from jackslashdaniel with thanks.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
          LMAO!
          I am thoroughly enjoying my "required reading" for whumping class

but I'm a bit of a geek (who-da-thunk-it? ), I'd like to "read" ahead in the class, thought I might start "practising" for the hands-on component.... *calls out sweetly* ohhhh Daaaannnniieeeelllll.........

On a completely different not, now that I've defended my Teal'c sig no longer applies! If anyone felt so inclined I'd love to see what imaginative new sig reflecting my new not-so-much grad student status anyone could come up with
          *little brain swimming with nefarious ideas between chapters of guide...*

Hmmmm....

Comment

The Illustrated Field Guide to Whumping Archaeologists

Chapter Three: Capturing Said Archaeologist

Once you've properly identified and located your
            chosen acrchaeologist for whumping, you must
            capture him before he can be taken to your
            chosen location. (preferably discrete*)

Some important notes on capturing archaeologist:

Do NOT be obvious in your approach...

Your capture will not be successful if your target sees you coming.

*See Locations and Settings for Optimum Whumping Vol.1

Comment

TIFGWA chap 3 cont.

DO NOT attempt capture if target is flanked my one or more
              armed and/or snarky military personnel.
              (See illustrated examples...)

A)

B)

Comment

(cont...)

DO attempt to approach from behind...

Or distrack by knocking your target down first, then capture when
                "aiding in helping target to his feet".
                (Note: This method often works best with an accomplice)

Again, thanks to all who contrib. piccies...

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                  I do think there needs some comment say "Dr.Kiwi" in it. *off to think about a new sig for KG*

As for the removal of img tags, I perform the following:
                  - right click on pic
                  - select 'properties'
                  - highlight path and ctrl + c
                  - close box and delete pic
                  - ctrl + v to insert path
                  No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DJFavorite
                    I do think there needs some comment say "Dr.Kiwi" in it. *off to think about a new sig for KG*

As for the removal of img tags, I perform the following:
                    - right click on pic
                    - select 'properties'
                    - highlight path and ctrl + c
                    - close box and delete pic
                    - ctrl + v to insert path
                    I just delete the bit which says [IMG] when I hit reply and it seems to work?

So
                    [ IMG ]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/frostfox/18.jpg[/IMG]

becomes

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/frostfox/18.jpg
                    sigpic

Comment

The Illustrated Field Guide to Whumping Archaeologists

Chapter Four: How To Restrain Captured Archaeologist

Once your archaeologist has been identified, selected,
                      and successfully captured, he must be properly restrained
                      prior to actual whumping. An escaped archaeologist is
                      not a whumpable archaeologist!

There are several ways to restrain your archaeologist, as
                      illustrated below:

Wrist restraints

Ankle restraints

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox
                        I just delete the bit which says [IMG] when I hit reply and it seems to work?

So
                        [ IMG ]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/frostfox/18.jpg[/IMG]

becomes

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/frostfox/18.jpg
                        See I don't get the img tags when I quote and post, and I've never used the quick reply or whatever that other one is called, so the instructions I gave is what I have to do.
                        No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

(Chap.4 cont...)

If institution style restraints are unavailable to you,
                          (as seen below)

There are other types that may be used:

Shackles or handcuffs

Ropes or straps (braided leather seen here)

Comment

(Chapter 4 cont...)

Another popular (and most economical, and easily obtainable)
                            form of restraint would be the Zip Tie...available at most
                            automotive or harware retailers...

Comment

Originally posted by wirthless
                              (Chapter 4 cont...)

Another popular (and most economical, and easily obtainable)
                              form of restraint would be the Zip Tie...available at most
                              automotive or harware retailers...

Wirthless, these are just so good, we must find somewhere to collect them and archive them. Perhaps Dana_Jeanne could provide a home? Or a suggestion.

They are just so funny.

FF
                              sigpic

Comment

Chapter Five: Troubleshooting and Other Tips

If after following chapters 1-4, you still find your
                                archaeologist unwhumpable, you can either release him
                                and find another, or else resort to more drastic measures
                                This guide only contains one rather mild suggestion for
                                this:

The Pointy Object

For more reading on this topic, see Intergalactic Guide To Whumping Other Life Forms As seen on the Goa'uld Times Best Seller List...

Comment

Working...
                                X