Daniel Jackson/Michael Shanks Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blingaway
    Stop, I'm blushing! I'm glad to contribute to the greater enjoyment of our wonderful Daniel.

And DD, snurch away! All I ask is that you speak well of me.
    And maybe a quick snog every so often.

Comment

To celebrate us getting over 11, 000 posts

Comment

JUST A QUICK REMINDER, GALS:
        I don't mean to nag (well, okay, maybe I DO ) but we all must remember, when we're quoting someone's post, to please remove the [img ] [/img ] tags before submitting our reply. If someone's post has a pic in it, please use the "QUOTE" button and not the "QR" button, as it won't give you that option. This is mostly for the benefit of our dial-up hussies, so if you could PLEASE remember to do that, it would be MUCH appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Jillybiehn
          And maybe a quick snog every so often.
          *snogs Jilly just 'cause it's Friday*

Comment

Originally posted by Jillybiehn
            JUST A QUICK REMINDER, GALS:
            I don't mean to nag (well, okay, maybe I DO ) but we all must remember, when we're quoting someone's post, to please remove the [img ] [/img ] tags before submitting our reply. If someone's post has a pic in it, please use the "QUOTE" button and not the "QR" button, as it won't give you that option. This is mostly for the benefit of our dial-up hussies, so if you could PLEASE remember to do that, it would be MUCH appreciated.
            Reverend! *And* it decreases the drain on the server where the picture is housed. Be nice to bandwidth!

Comment

*snogs Jilly just 'cause it's Friday*

http://members.cox.net/tgode/1x01cotg11.jpg
              *sniffle* You love me.

Comment

Reverend! *And* it decreases the drain on the server where the picture is housed. Be nice to bandwidth!
                And I DON'T mean to single anybody out! I've seen new hussies and veteran hussies BOTH guilty of it. Just remember not to!

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
                  As you're all aware (or should be) there are a few rules when posting pictures in thunk threads. Now you may think that we made up these rules purely to badger you - and you would be right.
                  Another reason though is that it's very difficult and slow for forum members on dial-up to access threads with so many lovely pictures in them and therefore I would like you to read the rules and adhere to them.

There is a great way to attach pictures to the thread, using them to make thumbnails so that folks can see what's there without that same picture downloading over and over and over. Just use the attachments button below. This is the preferred way of posting pictures!

If you choose to put the photos in your post, they do have to fit a couple of criteria;

They cannot be larger than the forum boundaries, 300x400 is a good size. They cannot be larger than 75K.

If they are called from another server you must have permission to hotlink to them. Links like this do put a drain on servers and too many folks linking to too many pictures has been known to take a server down every once in a while.

You cannot quote the pictures in your replies. Multiple copies of the pics just drain more bandwidth.

Last but not least, please do not post pictures that spoil season 8 of Stargate SG-1 or season 1 of Stargate:Atlantis! Feel free to post links to those pictures with the appropriate warning of spoilers though.

Thank you! Now let the thunking continue. *g*

Feli
                  GateWorld Moderator
                  I thought I'd repost Feli's post, since a mod reminder hasn't been shown in quite a while. I think almost everyone has been guilty lately of forgetting one or more of the rules. I myself included - forgetting the spoiler issue, and I haven't even seen the episode yet. You know which pic I'm referring to.
                  No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DJFavorite
                    I thought I'd repost Feli's post, since a mod reminder hasn't been shown in quite a while. I think almost everyone has been guilty lately of forgetting one or more of the rules. I myself included - forgetting the spoiler issue, and I haven't even seen the episode yet. You know which pic I'm referring to.
                    Yeah, yeah, guilty as charged...but it's such a good pic!

Comment

I think I'll leave the posting of pics to people who know what they're doing in future

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                        Okay, what does it say about me that I recognize the reference??
                        One of three things.

1.That you are well educated?
                        2. Your read Nemisis The Warlock as a kid or
                        3. No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox
                          One of three things.

1.That you are well educated?
                          2. Your read Nemisis The Warlock as a kid or
                          3. No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
                          Fetch the comfy chair!

Comment

Originally posted by wirthless
                            The Illustrated Field Guide to Whumping Archaeologists

Chapter One: Identifying the Whumpable Archaeologist

It is important to first properly identify the archaeologist,
                            for the express purpose of determining whumpability. Age,
                            physical prowess, and aesthetics are all factors. (see
                            illustrations A&B)

A http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/Ink_9/711_14.jpg

^^ NOT whumpable_________________^^Whumpable

B http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...9/Raiders7.jpg
                            Famously Whumpable Archaeologist

Oh wirthless!!!!!
                            The cat is *glaring* at me madly and I am laughing my socks off!

What a wonderful way to start my Friday evening.
                            Last edited by Frostfox; 04 March 2005, 09:01 AM. Reason: edited to remove piccie. me bad, but then you knew that...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson
                              I just made this.

http://img208.exs.cx/img208/8379/per...tlantis1zx.jpg

What do you think?
                              Hah! I love it!

Thanks for the reminder Jilly. I've broken some of those rules lately.

And to Willow: You don't have to stop posting pics, just make sure they're resized first. Or that there are no img tags if you're quoting.
                              Fugly Space Babes: Spork one for Weir!
                              Hussy of Babylon ~ Member of UHM

Comment

Good morning!

Okay, so trying to be an obedient pond dweller, I went back to some of my old posts here where I knew I had quoted a pic and it showed up in my reply (tsk, tsk). I was attempting to remove the IMG tags, but I couldn't see them when I tried to edit my message. Can someone give me a clue? Is there some button to push that makes them show?

I'll try to be more careful about this. In the meantime, I hope you all have a very wonderful Friday!! I'm so glad the work week is about over - whew! And tonight is Stargate Friday Night!!!!

Ciao!
                                OregonJen

Thanks for the VanCon sig, Nathan!

Comment

Working...
                                X