No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Michael Shanks Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh don't get me started on the... captions I have after that ^^ pic.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dtheories View Post
      So this enhanced image from BN immediately reminds me of the racoon vs. lawn, man and pellet gun story from his Q&A this weekend. Lovely!!
      What's about that story? And since you were there, can you tell us what Michael said, please?

sigpic
      Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
        What's about that story? And since you were there, can you tell us what Michael said, please?

Dang. I thought the bum photo was just for me! wee! And where did you find the above from Human?

I posted a couple of notes on the con page, but added more to the Yahoo! group, so excuse the duplication to crossovers.

The History Channel project was not brought up, though he did mention a possible holiday film shooting this summer with Peter DeLuise.

He mentioned a random conversation with the new managers of the Stargate audio book producers that suggests there could be more down the line.

=====SPOILER ALERT======
        There'll be no wings on Carter Hall in the Smallville finale. And he was most amusing about the lack of a lock on the door of the Justice Society's secret hangout (the museum) where everyone just kept walking in - Choloe, Manhunter in the 2ndhour.

Talked about the timing of the apendectomy - night before Crystal Skull started shooting where they ended up hiring a photo double to do some of his shots, and that Small Victories, where the scar was shown (and how probably Teryl enjoyed poking him emphatically) was filmed almost a year after the surgery.

Was in town for the 2nd week of the Olympics and the hockey. Mentioned all of Canada would have been in a state of mourning if they'd lost.

He offered that to prepare for his work in Andromeda he slept with the actress, but no, did not perform the same preparations for Burn Notice. Mentioned LS was heading with him down to Dragon in Atlanta. (But, as he's not yet posted as attending, he could have meant Vulcan in Tampa.)

LS tweets about the cat vs racoon vs lawn and man/pellet gun episodes. And he does mention the MS Walk for her.

"Stirs the pot" A LOT regarding SGU, disses Detroit and acting with the wings.

He offered several lines in Hawkman voice, and, in another famous voice, reported that one of his favorite SG-1 lines was probably one of Thor's, "I like the Yellow ones."

Gave us a marvelous rendition of the Puff 'N Ruffle and the Wounded Lamb.

Lots more, I know, but I had no idea how hard it would be to take notes while listening and watching him. He's mesmerizing!

The final question came from a toddler (2?) asking, with mom's help, whether MS had seen "Dragon." He enthusiastically replied YES, commenting that he'd not realized the Vikings came from Scotland! Then he signed off "And that's all for me," in a Scottish accent.

Wonderful!

Thanks for letting me chat with you!
        cheers ~

d

Oh, the racoon...last year in Chicago he talked about returfing his lawn, if you recall. Apparently, the racoons have been digging/rolling it up looking for grubs and becoming quite assertive with him. He was becoming tired of 90 minute stamping sessions each morning to replace the turf, so took out a pellet gun to chase them off. Lexa apparently attempted to intervene because...
        The cat was making a new friend.
        He didn't really understand the logic behind not shooting the woodland creatures because the cat had a new friend. It was a riot.

Comment

Originally posted by dtheories View Post
          Dang. I thought the bum photo was just for me! wee! And where did you find the above from Human?

I posted a couple of notes on the con page, but added more to the Yahoo! group, so excuse the duplication to crossovers.

The History Channel project was not brought up, though he did mention a possible holiday film shooting this summer with Peter DeLuise.

He mentioned a random conversation with the new managers of the Stargate audio book producers that suggests there could be more down the line.

=====SPOILER ALERT======
          There'll be no wings on Carter Hall in the Smallville finale. And he was most amusing about the lack of a lock on the door of the Justice Society's secret hangout (the museum) where everyone just kept walking in - Choloe, Manhunter in the 2ndhour.

Talked about the timing of the apendectomy - night before Crystal Skull started shooting where they ended up hiring a photo double to do some of his shots, and that Small Victories, where the scar was shown (and how probably Teryl enjoyed poking him emphatically) was filmed almost a year after the surgery.

Was in town for the 2nd week of the Olympics and the hockey. Mentioned all of Canada would have been in a state of mourning if they'd lost.

He offered that to prepare for his work in Andromeda he slept with the actress, but no, did not perform the same preparations for Burn Notice. Mentioned LS was heading with him down to Dragon in Atlanta. (But, as he's not yet posted as attending, he could have meant Vulcan in Tampa.)

LS tweets about the cat vs racoon vs lawn and man/pellet gun episodes. And he does mention the MS Walk for her.

"Stirs the pot" A LOT regarding SGU, disses Detroit and acting with the wings.

He offered several lines in Hawkman voice, and, in another famous voice, reported that one of his favorite SG-1 lines was probably one of Thor's, "I like the Yellow ones."

Gave us a marvelous rendition of the Puff 'N Ruffle and the Wounded Lamb.

Lots more, I know, but I had no idea how hard it would be to take notes while listening and watching him. He's mesmerizing!

The final question came from a toddler (2?) asking, with mom's help, whether MS had seen "Dragon." He enthusiastically replied YES, commenting that he'd not realized the Vikings came from Scotland! Then he signed off "And that's all for me," in a Scottish accent.

Wonderful!

Thanks for letting me chat with you!
          cheers ~

d

Oh, the racoon...last year in Chicago he talked about returfing his lawn, if you recall. Apparently, the racoons have been digging/rolling it up looking for grubs and becoming quite assertive with him. He was becoming tired of 90 minute stamping sessions each morning to replace the turf, so took out a pellet gun to chase them off. Lexa apparently attempted to intervene because...
          The cat was making a new friend.
          He didn't really understand the logic behind not shooting the woodland creatures because the cat had a new friend. It was a riot.
          Thanks! That pic is from MGM Stargate site, I found it on "Human" thread, there are a couple more.
          sigpic
          Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Yaaay, new MGM pics!

sigpic

Comment

...and here they are.

Click to make him bigger.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MacGadget View Post
                ...and here they are.