Daniel Jackson/Michael Shanks Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
    I don't want to think at the mess that you american do with italian food... My first crush was Gary Cooper, I think I was 5 then...after Stephen Brooks, of "The Interns" an early '70 american series with Broderick Crawford...I'm really old
    LOL well having spent time in Boston Massachusett's "north end" (the little italy of boston) I know what you mean... the food there...OMG scrumptious! All of the wonderful "mom and pop" trattoria's etc... there is this little place that does fried calamari... with fresh calamari from the docks... heavenly!

I grew up watching movies from the 30's and 40's with my dad. I loved "big band "music as well. (hence my interest in dean martin ad frank sinatra) I remember crying when i saw a picture of Cary Grant receiving a lifetime achievement award in the early 70's (i was 9 or so)... he couldn't be that old! broke my heart. Speaking of cary grant...I always thought MS and CB would be perfect in a remake of Bringing up baby (grant and katherine hepburn)-- classic screwball comedy and they definitely have the chemistry to pull it off. MS pulls off a befuddled scientist very well AND looks sexy while doing it! (*iz proud of ending up back on topic...*)

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
        LOL well having spent time in Boston Massachusett's "north end" (the little italy of boston) I know what you mean... the food there...OMG scrumptious! All of the wonderful "mom and pop" trattoria's etc... there is this little place that does fried calamari... with fresh calamari from the docks... heavenly!

I grew up watching movies from the 30's and 40's with my dad. I loved "big band "music as well. (hence my interest in dean martin ad frank sinatra) I remember crying when i saw a picture of Cary Grant receiving a lifetime achievement award in the early 70's (i was 9 or so)... he couldn't be that old! broke my heart. Speaking of cary grant...I always thought MS and CB would be perfect in a remake of Bringing up baby (grant and katherine hepburn)-- classic screwball comedy and they definitely have the chemistry to pull it off. MS pulls off a befuddled scientist very well AND looks sexy while doing it! (*iz proud of ending up back on topic...*)
        Just one think, the Italians never never never eat spaghetti or pasta with meatballs, never!
        I love screwball comedy! Same with me and my dad, lots of american movie from that time, he was in love with Fred and Ginger and Esther Williams and I agree with you, Mchael'd be perfect.
        sigpic
        Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I know, I've posted these 2 couple of times, but...

... but... oh well.

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

He was delicious in Birthright. Yummy!

Originally posted by Mr.MacGadget View Post
                          I know, I've posted these 2 couple of times, but...

... but... oh well.
                          Still down there?
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

He was delicious in Birthright. Yummy!

Still down there?
                            Oh yes he was! And yeah, it seems I just can't stop doing that.

sigpic

Comment

Just one think, the Italians never never never eat spaghetti or pasta with meatballs, never!
                              I love screwball comedy! Same with me and my dad, lots of american movie from that time, he was in love with Fred and Ginger and Esther Williams and I agree with you, Mchael'd be perfect.
                              I know Meatballs are an american invention, never saw one in the North End. That was where I fell in love with risotto! my favorite way to have rice.... wonderful comfort food that. Now if the italians cooked with lobstaaaah the way they do calamari.

if you like a good screwball comedy have you seen "what's up doc"? made in 1972--- barbra streisand and ryan o'neal.... a great updated screwball comedy!

*glances over and notices mr. mac splashing happily away in the gutter*

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post

if you like a good screwball comedy have you seen "what's up doc"? made in 1972--- barbra streisand and ryan o'neal.... a great updated screwball comedy!

*glances over and notices mr. mac splashing happily away in the gutter*

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...terjasmina.gif
                                I've seen that movie, it was really funny!

And hello to you from the gutter!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X