• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gioia View Post
    Ba'al/Vala, um..no but Baal/Qetesh!Vala, hell yes. They are my evil OTP
    really so hot!
    Originally posted by gioia View Post
    oh dear!!! I've seen some of them, but Stef, they're amazing. So wickedly hot. I can't wait to see them together in Continuum, I know it'll fun to watch them.
    ITA. Although...I saw some Ba'al/Vala goodness in "Insiders" (well, at the very least we saw some chemistry between CB/CS). But B/Q!V are so my evil OTP as well They're just too good a potential ship to not to get on board with. I can't wait to see how things play out on their end...they're scene(s) are actually what I am looking forward to most in Continuum. But I just have to keep telling myself that CB didn't shoot a lot of scenes so that I don't get my hopes up

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
      ITA. Although...I saw some Ba'al/Vala goodness in "Insiders" (well, at the very least we saw some chemistry between CB/CS). But B/Q!V are so my evil OTP as well They're just too good a potential ship to not to get on board with. I can't wait to see how things play out on their end...they're scene(s) are actually what I am looking forward to most in Continuum. But I just have to keep telling myself that CB didn't shoot a lot of scenes so that I don't get my hopes up

-Stef
      Was it because she was pregnant or just had a baby?
      Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
        I know she was pregnant...but I'm not sure if that's the reason why she didn't shoot a lot. I just think the nature of the way her role was written was the reason why she didn't film many scenes. I'm just hoping that what we do get is makes up for it

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Here's what Cliff Simon said about Ball and Vala/Claudia Black in Continuum

Spoiler:

GW: It's not only just you, but a couple of the other Goa'uld come back and also play a role as well.

CS: Oh yeah, that's what's so interesting. You're going to see six or seven of the top Goa'ulds come back, and it's the first time you see us all together, and you see the animosity and things going on between us, which is really great.

First of all, the women Goa'uld, I love them. They're so regal and queen-like. What's very interesting in the movie is, just to give a little tidbit, Claudia Black, you're going to see her as she used to be, which is absolutely amazing. So I would have to say that she was my favorite. When you see her you'll realize she is obviously my queen, and you're going to see it in a way that you've never seen it before.

It's only been assumed, and people have just imagined it but now you're actually going to see what it looks like.

GW: As Qetesh?

CS: As Qetesh, uh-huh.

GW: Great. Now you and I were talking about how you wanted to get Baal and Qetesh together for some action. Do we get any special scenes in the film?

CS: Oh yeah, but that I definitely can't give away. It's pretty amazing. That's why, once again when I read the script, I was so excited and couldn't wait to start shooting. You're going to see some things that are pretty mind-boggling, and yeah, a lot of action between the two of us.

http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/game_of_baal.shtml

Comment

I know she was pregnant...but I'm not sure if that's the reason why she didn't shoot a lot. I just think the nature of the way her role was written was the reason why she didn't film many scenes. I'm just hoping that what we do get is makes up for it

-Stef
            I read somewhere that she was sick, so she ask them not to shoot a lot. but i'm not sure

Found the reason ---> http://www.claudiablackonline.com/fotos/img273.jpg
            "DR. order to work limited hours"
            here is the whole interview - http://www.claudiablackonline.com/ve...lang=en&Id=143
            Last edited by valaCB; 16 May 2008, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Claudia was very close to miscarriage during filming Ark of Truth, so due to the very strict doctor's orders she had to limit her scenes in Continuum to minimum. She's talking about it in her recent interview for TV Zone (issue #226, March 2008), scans of this interview are somewhere in Vala/CB thread.

Comment

Yeah, I knew she was having problems with her pregnancy...but I just wasn't sure if her role was limited because of those problems or if the script was just inherently Vala/Qetesh-light and she was simply grateful for it. I know that the production schedule was structured so that she did get out at a certain time every day (or only work for a certain number of hours) as per her doctor's orders.

-Stef

Comment

Poor woman. I know what that is like. Some people's bodies just don't adapt well to being pregnant.

What are Sea Bands? She mentions them in the interview.

Comment

The Look.

The Result.

Comment

Poor woman. I know what that is like. Some people's bodies just don't adapt well to being pregnant.
                      It was Claudia's second pregnancy, her first son was born at the end of 2005. Claudia said that filming AoT almost killed her, it was simply too much for her. So it's just not the fact that her body didn't adapt well to being pregnant, but too much work caused the problem.

No idea. Would love to find out what it is, too.

ETA: http://www.sea-band.com/UK/uk_seaband.htm
                      Last edited by Ladyinred; 16 May 2008, 09:46 AM.

Comment

*blushes* I actually looked this up the first time I read this interview. Apparently they're these kind of cloth/elastic wrist bands that do something to a specific pressure-point on the wrist...that I guess reduces nausea.

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
                        It was Claudia's second pregnancy, her first son was born at the end of 2005. Claudia said that filming AoT almost killed her, it was simply too much for her. So it's just not the fact that her body didn't adapt well to being pregnant, but too much work caused the problem.
                        Yeah, I think she's just had a lot of problems with her pregnancies - cause I believe she had some sort of illness after she had her first child (having to so with the thyroid, if memory serves) that was causing her all sorts of health problems in S10 - which is why you notice she looks increasingly more tired as the season goes on

-Stef

Comment

Claudia's father is a gynecologist. so i'm sure he helped her through and after her pregnancy

Comment

Yeah, I think she's just had a lot of problems with her pregnancies - cause I believe she had some sort of illness after she had her first child (having to so with the thyroid, if memory serves) that was causing her all sorts of health problems in S10 - which is why you notice she looks increasingly more tired as the season goes on

-Stef
                            Don't forget that she left Australia with 2 months old baby to Canada to film season 10. No family or friends around to help...

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
                              Don't forget that she left Australia with 2 months old baby to Canada to film season 10. No family or friends around to help...
                              Yeah, exactly. She was sick and she didn't really have many places to turn to for help dealing with it like she would have had she been back home. I think either her husband or her child were also ill at one point as well if I remember correctly. It sounds like it was just a horrible experience...it sucks that she had to go through it so far from her family and closest friends.

-Stef

Comment

Yeah, exactly. She was sick and she didn't really have many places to turn to for help dealing with it like she would have had she been back home. I think either her husband or her child were also ill at one point as well if I remember correctly. It sounds like it was just a horrible experience...it sucks that she had to go through it so far from her family and closest friends.

-Stef
                                Claudia's health problems started in Canada not in Australia. Her baby was sick first, then her husband got phenumonia and she suffered from this postnatal thing... Such a huge distance from closest people, the change of climate, very hard work on the show with actually no support from TPTB, all of these together caused huge problems...

Comment

Working...
                                X