X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved Ariis Boch. my favourite exchange

Sam; I'm actually a major now.
    Aris; Oh, how important. I'll inform the universe.

Just cracked me up. and yeah, he was cool, and funny, and kinda on the edge, and SG1 did promise to come back and help him, so they should (and i'm sure everyoe will resist the urge, when aris boch does something cool and impressive, to say 'wow, that was flash')
    Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Yep, he was a cool character it would be good to see him in another episode.

What I didn't realise at the time though was that the actor who played him(can't recall his name for some reason right now) was the same guy that played Flash Gordon in the movie back in the 80's.

Certainly acted better in Stargate.
      Hammond "Colonel, General Chekov thinks that due to our arrangement with the Russian government a russian soldier be assigned to SG1"

O'Neill "Over my rotting corpse Sir" *pauses* "Oh did I say that out loud"

Hammond "I did say that I would discuss it with you and that you would give the matter some careful consideration"

O'Neill "Yes I'm sure I would, but I would still probably say bite me"

Comment

Sam Jones. and hey, i loved that movie! although that may have been because of the theme tune
        Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Ah, an Aris Boch appreciaton thread.. Good times and excellent one-liners. I do hope they have another ep with him sometime. Maybe he'll show up on Atlantis. I would pay to see him and Rodney go the one round before Boch would just shoot him.
          The Eye of Botox has been formally recognized by the System Lords! Beware my fire-y wrath!!

by Nikkirose

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
            I loved Ariis Boch. my favourite exchange

Sam; I'm actually a major now.
            Aris; Oh, how important. I'll inform the universe.

Just cracked me up. and yeah, he was cool, and funny, and kinda on the edge, and SG1 did promise to come back and help him, so they should (and i'm sure everyoe will resist the urge, when aris boch does something cool and impressive, to say 'wow, that was flash')
            LOL! That was my favorite line of the episode. He had such a way of cutting them all down to size. Like with Daniel and the bounty.

I also liked the "pain in the mikta" line...
            O'Neill: "Neck?"
            Teal'c: "No."

I know it's coming and it still cracks me up every time.
            Last edited by Sela; 10 October 2004, 05:58 AM.
            "You cannot reason with your own heart;
            it has it's own laws and beats about things
            which the intellect scorns."
            - Mark Twain -

Comment

Oh COME ON! You honestly think that Fett would stand a chance against the greatness that is Aris Boch??? Come on, lets break it down:

Aris Boch (of COURSE he goes first!)

Weapons:

-Loads of zat guns
              -Something pretty damn lethal looking (maybe a modified TER?)

Armour:

-Thick full body armour (possibly zat resistant)
              -Super funky naquada vision visor (possibly sensitive to other things too)

Boba Fett

Weapons:

Assasin laser pistol (possibly damaging to the less armoured bits of Boch)
              Knee-mounted dart guns (will shatter upon hitting the armour)

Armour:

Supposedly durable, yet is several decades old with heaps of scratches. Looks lighweight, and must be to be liftable by rocket pack. Most likely NOT zat resistant, as it is a metallic conductor.

You do the math.
              [email protected]
              http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
              One nation under dog
              There of which I stand alone
              A face in the crowd
              Unsung, against the mold
              Without a doubt
              Singled out
              The only way I know

Comment

a cool episode for a possible season nine () would go something like this: the team gates to a world only to find it is under gould control> what they dont know is that its aris' homeworld. they quickly find themselves under fire from the gould when, when all seemed lost, a group of rebels, made of aris' race, showed up. they take down the gould because they suprised them and when the fighting finally stops, the tow peoples meet, weapons aimed, only to have one of the rebels step forward, taking off his helmet, and you find it's aris boch. they then talk about stuff like why boch abandoned his life as a bounty hunter to help his people. they also talk about the "roshna" that was given to sam in d.m.s.-season 3, and how she's been trying to find a way to make the people of aris' world independent of the stuff. it could be a 2 parter, where they defeat the gould on that planet. - just another wierd thought.
                ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

I really liked Aris Boch. He was sarcastic, witty, clever and cool. But I don't really see him coming back. The show has changed so much from season 3, and I don't really see how they'd fit him into a storyline. I mean, we haven't seen him in 5 years. I doubt we're gonna see him again...

But he was cool. I really liked that episode. One of the few episodes that took place completely off-world.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                  Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                    But he was cool. I really liked that episode. One of the few episodes that took place completely off-world.
                    And possibly the first one to feature no Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                      And possibly the first one to feature no Stargate.
                      Main case and two guest stars out in the woods playing a friendly game of Goa'uld and Tok'ra

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Yeah, he is one cool dude. I think he should come back, he was like Jacks cousin in that he was a sarcy git.

Sy~
                        A lady came up to me on the street and pointed to my sued jacket...
                        "You know a cow was murdered for that jacket?" She sneered. I replied in a psychotic tone...
                        "I diddnt know there were any witnesses. Now I'll have to kill you to!"

Sy~

Comment

Aris Boch was a neat character, toe-to-toe with Jack in sarcasm. I liked the idea of SG1 having prices on their heads out in the galaxy. Considering "Prometheus Unbound" and "The Ties That Bind",
                          Spoiler:
                          He could come up again in the Lucian Alliance storyline and Aris knowing Vala by first name wouldn't surprise me at all
                          . Telling Jack he was known the Goa'uld as a pain in the ***! Gotta love that humor!
                          "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
                          " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
                          Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Oo DragonGate, great idea
                            Spoiler:
                            apparantly Vala's back in S10 so maybe they could get Sam Jones back for at least one ep and TaDa!! I think the humour between Vala and Aris would be class

What I didn't realise at the time though was that the actor who played him(can't recall his name for some reason right now) was the same guy that played Flash Gordon in the movie back in the 80's.
                            Me neither. I DIED when i found out! I <3 Flash Gordon. So much.
                            I was all ''Mum, Mum, Flash Gordan was in Stargate!'', then i ran upstairs and thru the DVD on. Hee!

Comment

I'm writting a fanfic, feat. Aris as one of the major players. Have lots of fun writting it. Come to think of it, I really don't know why I chose him. Oh, yeah..because he was the only one of the non-regulars who made an impression in the past eight seasons. Gotta love him. He's blond, tall and rugged

Comment

I think a episode w/ Bach should comeback with a backstory about his people and himself. To see a planet where the System Lords couldn't take hosts and how they responded to such a threat would be cool. Also maybe an anti symbiote serum to prevent a human from being taken over. Best scene in Bach Epsiode. Shoots himself with a Zat " ooo, tickles a bit".

Comment

Working...
                                X