Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Vala, but being a recurring character would be best. The original team is what is most important

Out...

Comment

Before I read all of the replies so far, I just gotta say
      I LOVE VALA!

I had SO much fun watching her in the first four eps so far... and I can't wait to see more! Never thought I'd love seeing her with Daniel, but I SOOOO do!

I still miss Sam, and I never thought of Vala as being any kind of replacement, but I really don't want Vala to leave!

Comment

Vala as recurring character like Bratac and Jacob/Selmak.
        Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
          Hear hear....crikey if Sam's old then that means I'm old, *shudders at what the youth of today consider old*.
          Anyone over 20.

I didn't like Vala much in Prometheus Unbound, but with every season nine episode, I like her more and more. That said, I would not want to see her too much. I love her brand of comedy, but it doesn't fit in all the time on a show like Stargate. I think she'd be best as a recurring chracter.
          gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by epiphany
            I don't think she should replace Sam but I'd love it if she was around much more often instead of losing after episode 6. But I guess at least we can look forward to her next appearance as we do other favorite recurring characters.
            I agree. I miss Sam. I really want to see her allready and i LOVE Vala alote. In the 4 epi so far Vala take all the focus and attention and me like it and it's haapens 'cos the writers and 'cos Claudia Black, SHE is an amazing actress!!! but still i want a few epis with Sam as the familiar SG1 as we know it. I want to know how i'll react when the regular(new) team will start investigate and fight with the new enemy . and than i want more VALA

in short - i want to know team with Vala opposite team with Carter and than decide! but i have to say that Vala bring life to SG1

Comment

I want Vala (smart, witty, funny, sexy, ambiguous).

I want Sam (smart, witty, funny, sexy, reliable).

A.
              VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

I hope the writers will be able to find a way to make her a fequent reoccuring character.

Comment

I'd love to see her as a recurring character but wouldn't want her to stay. Her staying would be unfaithful to her character - she's someone who enjoys exploring the galaxy, hunting new treasures and fooling new strangers. I don't think she'd fit in with the SGC philosophy, and I'm sure General Landry wouldn't want her around any longer than she had to be.
                  //

O'Neill: Phasers?
                  Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

Originally posted by xrayz
                    I guess I'm in the minority, but I can't stand Vala. I find her "witty" repartee with Daniel and her "I'm too cool to move" attitude sickening. I'll be saying "Good riddance" when she leaves.
                    I can't stand her either. I don't find her witty or funny. IMO, the only reason she is here is to attract the Farscapers and sex up the show. 14 more days until she is gone.
                    Last edited by Rogue; 06 August 2005, 04:56 AM.
                    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

I guess I'm in the minority, but I can't stand Vala. I find her "witty" repartee with Daniel and her "I'm too cool to move" attitude sickening. I'll be saying "Good riddance" when she leaves.
                      I'm so with you. I think for me the main problem is that there's nothing *but* the so called witty remarks. Maybe in one episode for a change of pace ok--but 6? I'm counting down til Sam comes back & I hope the writers have gotten a grip by then.

Comment

I like Vala's characters so I'd like her to stay!! She's funny etc..

Sam too! I don't want her to leave!!

Sam and Vala at the SGC would be great!!

My blog : http://stargateguyz.blogtrafic.com

Comment

You are aware that it's not the writers who are keeping Vala there, right? Amanda wasn't ready to return this early.

That said, you gotta know that Amanda looks GREAT now! She still has some "baby fat" but she just glows and looks healthy and energized.... Can't wait to see Sam again!

I know Vala's overpowering personality is a bit much for some who've been long-time Gaters, but her humor fits into the show... imo. Can't wait to see a bit more of her and Daniel, especially if the're off world.

How many more eps until Beachhead?

Comment

thank-freaking-god i'm not alone. Practically every post i've read on this forum has talked about how great Vala is and how funny she is.

It's nice to know others share my thoughts of her.
                            'A guy told me one time, "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner." '
                            --Neil McCauley
                            Heat

Comment

Funny, the vast majority of the opinions I've read on this forum indicate that Vala is extremely annoying. A lot of the people who like Vala even admit that she can get on their nerves.

That said, I'll still miss her when she goes. There is no such thing as a bad character, just poorly developed or badly written ones. I think Vala falls under both of those headings presently, but if TPTB would just stop playing her strictly for laughs and actually get under her skin a bit, I'm sure she could be interesting. What we do know about her past so far is pretty good. Her execution in the present is what's lacking.
                              Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
                              Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
                              Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
                              Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor
                                You are aware that it's not the writers who are keeping Vala there, right? Amanda wasn't ready to return this early.

How many more eps until Beachhead?
                                I did know that. But AT's absence didn't mean we needed 6 episodes of one-note Vala. They've written episodes for 3 team members before. (And I know they're not really a reconstituted team yet either.)

Comment

Working...
                                X