Question about Vala

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Vala

I know Vala speaks English and Goa’uld, but does anyone know if she speaks other languages? This is research for a couple of different fic ideas.

I don't think we ever hear her speak any other.
    But considering she spend some time with the Ori, she may speak... Ancient or a derivative maybe.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I don't think we ever hear her speak any other.
      But considering she spend some time with the Ori, she may speak... Ancient or a derivative maybe.
      Ah, that’s a very good point and exactly the language I need! Thank you very much! I don’t suppose you’d also happen to know how she takes her coffee?

Comment

Originally posted by Arynne_Bookworm View Post
        Ah, that’s a very good point and exactly the language I need! Thank you very much! I don’t suppose you’d also happen to know how she takes her coffee?

I imagine she would like it fancy, just for the heck of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I imagine she would like it fancy, just for the heck of it.
          I thought probably, but I wasn’t sure if there was canon evidence of it. Thank you for answering my questions! Now I don’t have any more reason to procrastinate writing some of those fic ideas.

Comment

That raises another question, and not just about Vala.
            Do any of these 'off world' planets have coffee (and/or Tea) or do they have other drinks that they have invented and we don't have on Earth?
            http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post

Do any of these 'off world' planets have coffee (and/or Tea) or do they have other drinks that they have invented and we don't have on Earth?
              That’s a good point!

Comment

In Season 5 episode 15 "Summit" Gou'ld Lord Yew drinks tea. Whether that is tea as wqe know it, or something else I do not know.
                For the rest of the episode thay appear to drink water or wine.

​ ​

Comment

Other than the tea we see with Yu, I don't really know.

In SGA there is the "stout Athosian tea" Teyla's people drink in the morning, which I always assumed was their version of Earth's espresso coffee. If it doesn't give you heart palpitations it will definitely wake you up.

Comment

That’s a good point!
                    So basically there is no canon answer, & I would say it is unlikely the inhabitants of all these planets would have brought enough Tea/Coffee with them from Earth to last all this time, & they can not just 'pop back to the corner shop on Earth' to buy more, so I think you could invent some name that sounds liquidy to call whatever brew you want.
                    If and when any SG team visits a planet they could comment that it tastes like Tea/Coffee, so the readers know. Something like in the Stargate Movie they commented that what they were eating tasted like chicken (although I can not recall what they were eating)

​ ​

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

...like in the Stargate Movie they commented that what they were eating tasted like chicken (although I can not recall what they were eating)
                        Macaroni and cheese, if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

I know Vala speaks English and Goa’uld, but does anyone know if she speaks other languages? This is research for a couple of different fic ideas.
                          Thinking about how much time she spends with Daniel, maybe he taught her Abidonian?

​ ​

Comment

Thinking about how much time she spends with Daniel, maybe he taught her Abidonian?
                            Oooo, there’s a thought!

Comment

Working...
                            X