Apophis/Peter Williams Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trupi
    I just wanted to know -how come so many came to the Comic Con from SG-1 and Atlantis? I know they have a comic but this look more like a regular Sg-1 con? Most of the actor and writers who appeared there I have never seen at a regular con. Is the group that runs the con better then say creation? You probably don't know but was wondering since NYC is having a big comic and anime con. in Feb.,I wonder if there be chance that some would be there. (Was going anyway)?
    Finally found the website, but it doesn't give much information yet...

http://www.appcluster09.com/app/home...0&LinkID=17915

I was wondering the same thing, why was the stargate team in a comic convention

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
    Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK

I know they have a comic book but does it have such a following that everyone went!
      sigpic

Comment

ise
        I know they have a comic book but does it have such a following that everyone went!
        That's why they call it public relations, sweetie. They are hoping to drum up some more interest by appearing.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
          ise
          That's why they call it public relations, sweetie. They are hoping to drum up some more interest by appearing.
          Well I wish they throw some of that public relation out to the east coast!
          sigpic

Comment

Thank you for showing me this thread LOL4JACK ! Apophis is the best villain ever on SG1. ( I don't mind Baal either, but, Apophis was the first there. )

This is especially for you LOL4JACK, nice pic of our favourite Goa'uld with a good view on the arm.
            Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

I just wanted to know -how come so many came to the Comic Con from SG-1 and Atlantis? I know they have a comic but this look more like a regular Sg-1 con? Most of the actor and writers who appeared there I have never seen at a regular con. Is the group that runs the con better then say creation? You probably don't know but was wondering since NYC is having a big comic and anime con. in Feb.,I wonder if there be chance that some would be there. (Was going anyway)?
              Okay first of all Peter was not at Comic Con, it was all the main Atlantis cast - minus Torri because she was ill at the time and SG1 cast minus Michael.

While Comic Con started as a comic book convention it is now a large comic/scifi/fantasy/gaming genre con. With it being on the West coast it is easy for cast of shows that film in LA to attend. The shows that shot in Vancouver are at least in the same time zone and the flights to San Diego are not to bad, so it is easier for them to fit it in their schedule than East Coast cons. Plus Comic Con has a long history of drawing large crowds, this year 90,000+ were in attendance. At Comic Con SciFi Channel has a booth in the exhibit hall and the cast of the shows are sent to Comic Con to get exposure for the show and SciFi channel. So it is a good way for shows to expose the fandom to what is new and upcoming. I went last year for the first time and had a blast - I've already paid for next year and reserved hotel rooms for me and some friends that are planning on going next year. It is hard to try and see everything you want when you go because so many things are going on at the same time at Comic Con. There are actors that attend Comic Con only to have a booth in the autograph area and meet fans, most of the one that attend live in Southern California. I used to live on the East Coast and I will say that the Cons here on the West Coast have more actors attend them, even the Creation Cons in Burbank have a better line up than the ones in other parts of the country usually do. Part of the reason for this is because some of the actors do not want to travel across time zones after have worked a long week on set - a 3 - 5 hour flight in the same time zone is managable with having to be back on set Monday morning were as a 5+ hour flight to a different time zone is not so easy.

The big Cons like Comic Con are nice to go to if you want to see a lot of different people but you don't get up close with them and their panels as usually only 45 mins - 1 1/2 long plus usually the whole cast is on the panel together. A con that is dedicated to just one or two shows like the Creation Stargate Cons allow you to get closer to the actors and they have more time on stage, usually with just 1 - 3 actors on stage at a time. I have been to both types of cons and I like them both for different reasons.
              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                Okay first of all Peter was not at Comic Con, it was all the main Atlantis cast - minus Torri because she was ill at the time and SG1 cast minus Michael.

While Comic Con started as a comic book convention it is now a large comic/scifi/fantasy/gaming genre con. With it being on the West coast it is easy for cast of shows that film in LA to attend. The shows that shot in Vancouver are at least in the same time zone and the flights to San Diego are not to bad, so it is easier for them to fit it in their schedule than East Coast cons. Plus Comic Con has a long history of drawing large crowds, this year 90,000+ were in attendance. At Comic Con SciFi Channel has a booth in the exhibit hall and the cast of the shows are sent to Comic Con to get exposure for the show and SciFi channel. So it is a good way for shows to expose the fandom to what is new and upcoming. I went last year for the first time and had a blast - I've already paid for next year and reserved hotel rooms for me and some friends that are planning on going next year. It is hard to try and see everything you want when you go because so many things are going on at the same time at Comic Con. There are actors that attend Comic Con only to have a booth in the autograph area and meet fans, most of the one that attend live in Southern California. I used to live on the East Coast and I will say that the Cons here on the West Coast have more actors attend them, even the Creation Cons in Burbank have a better line up than the ones in other parts of the country usually do. Part of the reason for this is because some of the actors do not want to travel across time zones after have worked a long week on set - a 3 - 5 hour flight in the same time zone is managable with having to be back on set Monday morning were as a 5+ hour flight to a different time zone is not so easy.

The big Cons like Comic Con are nice to go to if you want to see a lot of different people but you don't get up close with them and their panels as usually only 45 mins - 1 1/2 long plus usually the whole cast is on the panel together. A con that is dedicated to just one or two shows like the Creation Stargate Cons allow you to get closer to the actors and they have more time on stage, usually with just 1 - 3 actors on stage at a time. I have been to both types of cons and I like them both for different reasons.
                Thank You!
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the link, kids want to go and since it's a month before vancouver, probably going. Left my email to get more infor on guest appearances. If anyone good appearing will let you know.
                  Peter's new message address is www.peter-williams.infor if anyone wants to leave him a message
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                    Thank you for showing me this thread LOL4JACK ! Apophis is the best villain ever on SG1. ( I don't mind Baal either, but, Apophis was the first there. )

This is especially for you LOL4JACK, nice pic of our favourite Goa'uld with a good view on the arm.
                    ((((((((Lys))))))) Thanks for joining

I have to confess, I wasn't a big Apophis fan before and I didn't even knew PW name as Trupi would say I'm in the lower level of fans... but I'm working my way up

I met Peter a week ago and he is just lovely... great guy and great patient for the fans....

I also realized that there hasn't been any bady that I love to hate as much as Apophis... we really hated him and I miss that on the show... well, the Ori are kinda off bad.... but that's the new Stargate

Apophis is Apophis, there is nobody like him and it took many replicators to finally kill him... or NOT!!!! Ta, ta, ta, taaaaaannnnnn!

Keep around, as I said, I miss not sharing a thread with you

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                    Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Eyes, smile, mouth....

And to celebrate Peter, my fav pic

Thanks Osiris...
                      A handsome smile to say goodnight!
                      sigpic

Comment

((((((((Lys))))))) Thanks for joining

I have to confess, I wasn't a big Apophis fan before and I didn't even knew PW name as Trupi would say I'm in the lower level of fans... but I'm working my way up

I met Peter a week ago and he is just lovely... great guy and great patient for the fans....

I also realized that there hasn't been any bady that I love to hate as much as Apophis... we really hated him and I miss that on the show... well, the Ori are kinda off bad.... but that's the new Stargate

Apophis is Apophis, there is nobody like him and it took many replicators to finally kill him... or NOT!!!! Ta, ta, ta, taaaaaannnnnn!

Keep around, as I said, I miss not sharing a thread with you
                        ((((((Carolina))))))

I'm so glad too we have a thread to share ! And one about our dear Apophis to boot ! He always made me laugh with all his over the top attitude and his outfits. He was so...Goa'uld ! He was the best one for saying "Kree !"
                        I think Jack said that he thought Apophis was dead 99% for sure. And as for now, he's been in all SG1 seasons except season 7. We don't know, maybe he's going to show up before the end of season 9. Maybe as an Ori !
                        "Hallowed is Apophis! "
                        Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Well I wish they throw some of that public relation out to the east coast!
                          I already complained to Creation about the relative lack of Cons on the east coast. Their answer.....cost prohibitive. Well, traveling to the west coast for Cons is prety cost porhibitve for those of us on the East coast. Oh well, back to my building my private "Con" stash.

As for PW, I just hope he continues to attend Cons, as he is a wonderful person to listen to, to talk to, and he is just plain gorgeous. To me, Apophis was and and still is the quintesential Goa'uld.
                          On fighting:
                          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                            I already complained to Creation about the relative lack of Cons on the east coast. Their answer.....cost prohibitive. Well, traveling to the west coast for Cons is prety cost prohibitive for those of us on the East coast. Oh well, back to my building my private "Con" stash.

As for PW, I just hope he continues to attend Cons, as he is a wonderful person to listen to, to talk to, and he is just plain gorgeous. To me, Apophis was and and still is the quintesential Goa'uld.
                            I can really understand Creation's logic, but I must agree, total costs for someone traveling from the east coast can be enormous. I broke down and bought a ticket to next year's Vancouver con, and it's probably going to take me three flights and $$$ just to get there from Florida, and that's a 12-14 hour travel day.

You'd think the demand would inspire the promotors to include more east coast con venues...but as travel for the stars from west to east ends up being just as grueling, they are probably opposed. Obviously cons could be scheduled during SG hiatus, but that's also the time most of the actors are working in other productions, or taking a well-deserved break. You can't win either way.

Once the show ENDS I imagine the SG cons will continue for some time, but then appearances will be dictated by new and conflicting work schedules, and you won't get to see the full cast in one place and time probably ever again.

At the Vancouver con I hope to see most of the major stars in one weekend, plus the set tour is very important to me. Also, this is the one event where most of the secondary characters will appear. But it's a long haul!

Comment

Thank you Lida and Lys for joining the site. Carolina told Peter, she would start a thread to show how well like Apophis is and to ask the fans to email to TPTB to request more parts for Peter (not necessarily Apophis) on Atlantis or SG-1. Also to ask Creation to include Peter into their Cabarets night shows. He has a home site at "Abydos" which he visits almost daily, you can email him there at www.peter-williams.infor -you have to register but then you can leave him a message. I'm going to leave him a email to visit us! We'll see!
                              sigpic

Comment

Just e-mailed Peter to come and visit. Let see what happens. Please try to keep thread on front page, so he has no problems finding us!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X