This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor
    Yeah, I think our military still generally issued briefs to the male troops. But I still have imagination!

Way to keep the thread active, Chillin! I'll green ya if the forum lets me. Nope, no luck.

I'm pretty willing to wait and let them show me which way they're going to take the "brother vs. brother" storyline (if they go that way), but I'm certain that there WILL be a confrontation with CancerPrior hehehe when they come back in January.

I understood why you asked if the Priors still had blood, especially since they're so frelling pallid now, they present a "drained of blood" appearance, don't they? But I do think they're still biologically human and do still have blood. I think the strange appearance is metaphorical to their altered state of mind, the fact that they're basically mindless zombie fanatics now.

Yeah, Kas, I got the feeling that the Sodan leader did feel some regret about Mitchell. I'm sure he thinks he's doing what's best for his people, in spite of what any honorable man might say to the contrary.
    The military issues their underwear??? They can't buy their own? I never knew that. Maybe at boot camp, but... I guess they don't want them wearing boxers that say, "Home of the Whopper".

I actually hope they make the brothers become a unified front in favor of Mitchell and SG-1. And, like you and Kas said, I think the Sodan leader also likes Mitchell and is willing to listen to him. He does seem honorable [even if that honor once included the possible death of Mitchell] and I believe he wants to be a good leader for his people.

Comment

First off, I still can't green ya, Chillin'. So, have a hug (((ChillinTheMost)))

Next, the last post on this thread was from YESTERDAY?!

Okay... unified front. I'm not sure if they'll see eye-to-eye just yet. The friendly brother might have been using this time to try to convince his bro of the Tauri's good intentions, but I'm pretty sure we'll see at least a bit of that conflict on screen.

And the military SELLS everything. Hell, I had to cart a friend of mine around just so she could find the right belt buckle for her uniform! And the ribbons they wear? They don't really have to qualify for them... they can just buy them off the rack (or wall). If they do qualify for 'em, they'll be issued, but it often takes a loooooong while to receive 'em, so the more impatient peeps can buy 'em, too. My friend is still waiting for a couple of hers and it's been over a YEAR since she earned 'em!

So in buying new uniforms etc, our boys (and Sam) can buy undies, too. Do you really think Sam wears the same undies under her uniform as she does under her dresses?

Back to Cameron now... please!

Comment

Yeah, I definitely think Sam is wearing a thong under those green uniforms! WooHoo!

Haha.

I just thought of something: Mitchell & Daniel got caught together, but this time it will be Mitchell that is familiar with the culture of the aliens. I wonder/hope/think that Mitchell's diplomacy skills in dealing with them and showing Daniel the way, will impress Daniel.

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
          I just thought of something: Mitchell & Daniel got caught together, but this time it will be Mitchell that is familiar with the culture of the aliens. I wonder/hope/think that Mitchell's diplomacy skills in dealing with them and showing Daniel the way, will impress Daniel.
          I really hope so. I think it's time that we saw that Mitchell's leadership experience (after all he has led fighter squadrons) and new-found skills in dealing with the Sodan actually lead the story and 'save' the situation, in his own right.

----
          Here's a little snippet from Amanda Tapping's interview in the new Cult Times #121 October 2005

"I can tell you that I really enjoy working with Ben Browder," she declares. "He's a class act. Ben and I have found this neat comfort level between out two characters - sometimes even a physical comfort level. For example, we had an instance recently where he's going through this scene where there is a memory device that pulls selective memories and it's quite painful for him. There were a couple of nice moments that we played that just sort of happened. We didn't talk about it, we didn't plan anything, just let the scene play out. We just sort of sat down and suddenly my arm was around him and it was really comfortable."
          I'm so pleased that Ben is bringing his more 'hands on' physical style of acting over to Stargate. This is definitely not so much you see of on SG1 - hence Amanda even bringing it up. However, Ben has a very sensitive, physical form of expressing himself, by action rather than word... this sounds like a real episode for him (bonding moments with him and Carter as well) - sounds good. Angst - ridden Mitchell... is it wrong that I'm going to love this?

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
            I really hope so. I think it's time that we saw that Mitchell's leadership experience (after all he has led fighter squadrons) and new-found skills in dealing with the Sodan actually lead the story and 'save' the situation, in his own right.

----
            Here's a little snippet from Amanda Tapping's interview in the new Cult Times #121 October 2005

I'm so pleased that Ben is bringing his more 'hands on' physical style of acting over to Stargate. This is definitely not so much you see of on SG1 - hence Amanda even bringing it up. However, Ben has a very sensitive, physical form of expressing himself, by action rather than word... this sounds like a real episode for him (bonding moments with him and Carter as well) - sounds good. Angst - ridden Mitchell... is it wrong that I'm going to love this?
            Thanks for the info. It's great to hear that Mitchell will be getting something meaty to do and that BB & AT are working well together. I like them both.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
              Thanks for the info. It's great to hear that Mitchell will be getting something meaty to do and that BB & AT are working well together. I like them both.
              YW jckfan55 - I really love to hear how the cast are enjoying each other. This was a lovely interview from Amanda and she described an SG1 vs Atlantis Baseball match complete with Barbeques with cast, crew and respective families having a ball.

I can't say how much I am looking forward to Collateral Damage in particular as I believe the character of Mitchell really needs just such an episode and hopefully we'll be learning something about his own past and just how he came to be where he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
                I can't say how much I am looking forward to Collateral Damage in particular as I believe the character of Mitchell really needs just such an episode and hopefully we'll be learning something about his own past and just how he came to be where he is.
                I agree, I cannot wait to see this ep either! I'm hoping what AT spoke of in the interview makes it to the screen (i.e. not cut for time).

Yeah, angsty Mitchell: gotta love it. Does that make me sadistic?

Comment

Originally posted by Anya
                  Yeah, angsty Mitchell: gotta love it. Does that make me sadistic?
                  Not at all. I think that we should talk about his past a bit more on the show. I mean his debut was perfect with the flashbacks - I hope there's more of that to come.

Comment

If you want to check out Ben in action, Farscape starts reruns this weekend on your local and cable channels. This show made me fall in love with Ben's great acting.
                    Mitchell: I like crazy that's why i took this job!

Comment

I just saw an episode of Atlantis (never watched it before) with Lt. Col. Shepperd flying an F-302. Do you think there's any chance we'll see Mitchell flying one not in a flashback? He's supposed to be an ace pilot; I hope TPTB make use of that in the second half of this season.

I can't wait until Collateral Damage and the promise of seeing more about Mitchell's past. Seeing his childhood would be great, but I'd like to see BB doing Mitchell's backstory even more, so I hope they don't dwell too much in the distant past. Hope that made sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Anya
                        I just saw an episode of Atlantis (never watched it before) with Lt. Col. Shepperd flying an F-302. Do you think there's any chance we'll see Mitchell flying one not in a flashback? He's supposed to be an ace pilot; I hope TPTB make use of that in the second half of this season.
                        I hope we get to see this as well. I guess I really want to see Mitchell being able to portray his undoubted skills.

I can't wait until Collateral Damage and the promise of seeing more about Mitchell's past. Seeing his childhood would be great, but I'd like to see BB doing Mitchell's backstory even more, so I hope they don't dwell too much in the distant past. Hope that made sense.
                        Perfect sense. Wouldn't want to keep seeing a child playing Mitchell. I would like to see exactly why he fought so hard to join a ground force exploration team and supposedly was originally prepared to serve under a lower-ranking officer to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
                          ABSOLUTELY!!! And, no, it isn't wrong. It's not that you like seeing Mitchell in pain (emotional or physical), but that you like watching Ben emote all that! Yeah, that's it! We're... I mean, you're looking forward to seeing more of Ben's great acting!

Originally posted by Kas
                          Wouldn't want to keep seeing a child playing Mitchell. I would like to see exactly why he fought so hard to join a ground force exploration team and supposedly was originally prepared to serve under a lower-ranking officer to do so.
                          Me too! Much as I love kids, there is just NO replacement for Ben's acting, and I'd much prefer to get to his kryptonite! I don't think it has anything to do with his childhood, so let's see some CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!!! I mean, think about it. He's a pilot and he want's to serve in an elite unit who's primary means of travel begins and ends on foot... and he went there under the impression that he'd be serving... hehehe, 'scuse the upcoming inuendo... under Sam. That's pretty damn amazing! Let's see the reasons why he wanted to do all this.

Comment

This sounds totally awesome! Please share more of that article/interview, Kas. I, too, love it when the cast says how much Ben has blended in and how much they enjoy working with him. I hadn't heard much from Amanda [because she was later getting there, so it's understandable], so more info from her is great. Plus, I just love Amanda [and Sam], so I was quite anxious. Although, I shouldn't have been. Who could resist that southern charm? haha.

Oh, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Mitchell angsty scenes are well-presented. We all know how well Ben can act them, but if they don't film the rest of the episode to support it, it won't convince the Stargate fans we're trying to win over - the ones that don't see what the big deal is with
                            Ben because Stargate hasn't given him much to bite his teeth into ...if that made sense.

Neelan: Don't worry about not being able to "green" me. I'm just glad to find more Ben fans to gush over his Stargate experience with. Everyone here on this thread has been so much fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor
                              ABSOLUTELY!!! And, no, it isn't wrong. It's not that you like seeing Mitchell in pain (emotional or physical), but that you like watching Ben emote all that! Yeah, that's it! We're... I mean, you're looking forward to seeing more of Ben's great acting!
                              LOL! Absolutely... got it in one. Ben emoting pain - Sings "nobody does it better"

Me too! Much as I love kids, there is just NO replacement for Ben's acting, and I'd much prefer to get to his kryptonite! I don't think it has anything to do with his childhood, so let's see some CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!!! I mean, think about it. He's a pilot and he want's to serve in an elite unit who's primary means of travel begins and ends on foot... and he went there under the impression that he'd be serving... hehehe, 'scuse the upcoming inuendo... under Sam. That's pretty damn amazing! Let's see the reasons why he wanted to do all this.
                              Exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                                This sounds totally awesome! Please share more of that article/interview, Kas. I, too, love it when the cast says how much Ben has blended in and how much they enjoy working with him. I hadn't heard much from Amanda [because she was later getting there, so it's understandable], so more info from her is great. Plus, I just love Amanda [and Sam], so I was quite anxious. Although, I shouldn't have been. Who could resist that southern charm? haha.
                                I've scanned the article in question.

Here you go:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ndaCT121-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ndaCT121-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ndaCT121-3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ndaCT121-4.jpg

Oh, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Mitchell angsty scenes are well-presented. We all know how well Ben can act them, but if they don't film the rest of the episode to support it, it won't convince the Stargate fans we're trying to win over - the ones that don't see what the big deal is with Ben because Stargate hasn't given him much to bite his teeth into ...if that made sense.
                                I know exactly what you mean and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Ben would have had an input to such a big character episode for Mitchell. I'm not so worried about the winning over... I think his character has mostly done that already for most viewers. There will always be those determined not to like his work no matter what he does because of other issues. However, those 'newbies' who already like the character will be blown away by Ben in a real meaty episode, IMHO. The man has tremendous talent, what more can you say?

Comment

Working...
                                X