• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
    Chronicling Mitchell:

908 –Babylon

Tangibles:

Six weeks airbourne training at Ft. Benning.

Intangibles:

Doesn’t like not being kept informed: In the opening, when Teal’c holds up his hand for everyone to stop walking, Mitchell wants to know what Teal’c saw/heard. He asks twice in a situation when he probably should have remained silent, but Teal’c has obviously had them halt a few times without cause and Mitchell feels that Teal’c is “testing” him.

Feels comfortable with Teal’c: While Daniel feels it might not be prudent to tell Teal’c that Mitchell thinks the intel might be too vague, Mitchell reveals that he already has. He’s unafraid to tell Teal’c what he thinks and also to joke about him within earshot [when he impersonates Teal’c, albeit with not enough bass]. Teal’c’s response? He rolls his eyes, which I interpret as “indulgent annoyance”.

Leadership: Orders the team to fall back to the gate for safety while he covers them. [I don’t know if this is leadership as much as that he’s not afraid to put himself in danger to protect his team.]

Sam calls him Mitchell when talking about him, and Cameron when talking to him.

Endures Pain: While the Sodan is tending his wound, there are no restraints on him. There is extreme pain but there is no indication that he tries to stop treatment.

Doesn’t lose sight of the objective: While learning to fight for his life, he still tries to reason with the Sodan and convince them of the dangers of following the Ori and also to help their Jaffa brothers.

He earns the respect of the Sodan: His trainer, Jolan, the Sodan leader, and other tribesmen learn to respect Mitchell due to his tenacity, humor and quiet way he tries to reason with them and the respect he shows for their culture.

Faith: Mitchell’s hallmark may be “Faith”, while Crichton’s hallmark was “Hope”.

Possible alliances created: Mitchell has a tentative alliance with Jolan and possibly with the entire tribe – if not an alliance, at least I feel they will listen to what he has to say. While he said it made no difference, Volnek believes that Mitchell is responsible for his freedom.

Quotes:

When told he must start Jomo Se Telek: ”Well, if that’s breakfast, I could eat.”

“The moment you accept your fate, that’s when you’re as good as dead. ‘Till then, all bets are off.”
    “You cannot survive Kel Shak Lo."
    “Well, no offense, but I’ve endured things I wasn’t supposed to before, and I’m still here.”

“Jolan, your people shouldn’t suffer for their faith.”

“Well done, Bones.” [tribute to Star Trek episode with similar plotline]

“Lucky is good.”
    Very nice - I love checking these out - you always manage to find more facts than I do when I watch!

Comment

Thanks, gbbarb and Cathain Nottingham! I'm sure there is a lot of stuff I miss, too, and everyone is welcome to add new stuff or even disagree with my interpretations. Discussions are always welcome!

Comment

Someone just coined the Teal'c/Mitchell relationship as Mil'c. Hee. Don't know if he was thinking of a romantic relations, so I responded about the buddy relationship that they have. I think it's great!

Comment

Just seen that too Chillin... great name for the thread But yes, I love the buddy, buddy relationships developing between him and Teal'c/Daniel.

Mitch appears to be quite the extrovert, he'll keep them on their toes! Love the fact that he's drawing Daniel out of his books and onto the basketball court just for downtime fun and no other purpose. Really love the fact that he's able to comfortably 'rib' Teal'c and Teal'c seems to roll his eyes with that look just as siblings/good friends would do.

Comment

Mil'c!!! LOVE IT!!!

Got Mil'c?

Comment

Sigh. Friday night and no new Mitchell. How sad.

Comment

Sigh. Friday night and no new Mitchell. How sad.
                I know, just when you are getting to know the character, they stop for 3 months! Very sad!

Comment

Have you all checked out the little preview video for January that the Scifi website has up?

http://www.scifi.com/stargate/

(scroll down to Mitchell Avalon pic and click 'see Jan preview' to the RHS)

Shows Mitchell laying back in a chair (seems like Collateral Damage?) with Carter present/observing.

In a later scene of same show- same chair & shirt, Mitchell is saying 'we're not finished...not by a long shot'... the way he's saying it, slight hitch to voice and by his eyes, it looks to me like he's crying. He's certainly tense... Wow, looks like we have some real background/character work in this episode. Way to go Ben.

Is it January soon?
                  Last edited by Kas; 23 September 2005, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Awwwwwww, Angsty Ben. I'm gonna get crushed, ain't I?

The It's Friday, and there's no new SG-1 hit me this morning, too.

At least, season 8 comes out on DVD this month, so I can re-watch ALL of SG-1 from beginning to... mid season 9 over the next few months! (Of course, there are a few eps I'll have to skip... like Space Race, Seth... others.) Come January, I'll be READY for more SG-1!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
                      Have you all checked out the little preview video for January that the Scifi website has up?

http://www.scifi.com/stargate/

(scroll down to Mitchell Avalon pic and click 'see Jan preview' to the RHS)

Shows Mitchell laying back in a chair (seems like Collateral Damage?) with Carter present/observing.

In a later scene of same show- same chair & shirt, Mitchell is saying 'we're not finished...not by a long shot'... the way he's saying it, slight hitch to voice and by his eyes, it looks to me like he's crying. He's certainly tense... Wow, looks like we have some real background/character work in this episode. Way to go Ben.

Is it January soon?
                      I checked out the January preview. 5 times. and...

Oh, lordy, do I have to get out my SACC tee-shirt???
                      [Society Against Cruelty to Crichton].

Well, we know that Ben can do tortured angst, so at least it should show off his talents!

I'll be ready and waiting to give him a virtual hug.

Comment

I checked out the January preview. 5 times. and...

Oh, lordy, do I have to get out my SACC tee-shirt???
                        [Society Against Cruelty to Crichton]. .
                        I think you may well have to. Although perhaps we should rename it SACCC [Society Against Cruelty to Crichton & Cameron?]

Well, we know that Ben can do tortured angst, so at least it should show off his talents!

I'll be ready and waiting to give him a virtual hug.
                        Oh, he certainly can Is it wrong for me to say how much I'm going to love seeing this - tormented and angsty Ben? I really want Ben to have the chances to put his talents to good use. TPTB hopefully know what they've got with an actor of his calibre. Be a crime not to write good character drama in in spades and USE him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
                          I think you may well have to. Although perhaps we should rename it SACCC [Society Against Cruelty to Crichton & Cameron?]
                          I'm so silly sometimes, I was going to make a remark about having to change it to SACM because of Mitchell, and I never even thought about Cameron. Can you tell I haven't quite gotten used to his first name, yet?

Originally posted by Kas
                          Oh, he certainly can Is it wrong for me to say how much I'm going to love seeing this - tormented and angsty Ben? I really want Ben to have the chances to put his talents to good use. TPTB hopefully know what they've got with an actor of his calibre. Be a crime not to write good character drama in in spades and USE him.
                          My first reaction was that those that say he just seems to be in the background and they don't understand what the hoopla about his acting has been about will finally see, but then I figured if they don't want to accept him, they'll just say he's overacting when this scene airs. Some people's views are so colored by their emotions some times that you just can't win. [I know this isn't everybody, just some.]

Comment

I'm so silly sometimes, I was going to make a remark about having to change it to SACM because of Mitchell, and I never even thought about Cameron. Can you tell I haven't quite gotten used to his first name, yet?
                            LOL! I actually like the name... perhaps because I also remember the show with the actor who had the name. I think it fits well together

My first reaction was that those that say he just seems to be in the background and they don't understand what the hoopla about his acting has been about will finally see, but then I figured if they don't want to accept him, they'll just say he's overacting when this scene airs. Some people's views are so colored by their emotions some times that you just can't win. [I know this isn't everybody, just some.]
                            This is an attitude that for the life of me I will never understand. Ben is not a newby to the world of acting, why on earth should he keep having to justify his status or career? It's like when people say he uses his hands a lot - copying Jack!!?? Well, excuse me but Ben in a very physical actor...he's always used his hands, body movements as a whole as well as eyes, expressions to speak volumes. Why can't people just check his volume of past work?

It's also the same annoyance I feel when they say that he shouldn't have the billing, but should be behind long-term but secondary characters...I can't understand the attitude. It's 'well, I never heard of him/watched him in Farscape so therefore, he shouldn't have the billing'... Crazy thinking... it's due to your whole body of work which gives you a certain clout within the industry as well as the proven ability and talent to headline already.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
                              It's also the same annoyance I feel when they say that he shouldn't have the billing, but should be behind long-term but secondary characters...I can't understand the attitude. It's 'well, I never heard of him/watched him in Farscape so therefore, he shouldn't have the billing'... Crazy thinking... it's due to your whole body of work which gives you a certain clout within the industry as well as the proven ability and talent to headline already.
                              ABSOLUTELY!!! Well said, Kas! *give Kas a cookie*

Oh, and we've been using Society Against Cruelty to Cameron since we first saw him in those darned crash flashbacks! The SACC LIVES ON!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor
                                ...Oh, and we've been using Society Against Cruelty to Cameron since we first saw him in those darned crash flashbacks! The SACC LIVES ON!!!
                                I'm so out of the loop.

Comment

Working...
                                X