Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy! This might be "old" news, but there's a lovely video interview of Ben Browder on Sci-Fi Pulse. Link here where he talks about working with the cast, RDA and Macgyver, Chricton v. Mitchell, what's ahead in the 2 SG-1 movies.... and pole vaulting

Also, some good stuff on Cam's background (since folks have been reminiscing) can be found at Stargate SG-1 Solutions comprehensive character bio.
    Lost In Space - wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be (aka my geek blog)

Thanks to ileliberte for permission to share her amazing art

Comment

Originally posted by lostinspace View Post
      Howdy! This might be "old" news, but there's a lovely video interview of Ben Browder on Sci-Fi Pulse. Link here where he talks about working with the cast, RDA and Macgyver, Chricton v. Mitchell, what's ahead in the 2 SG-1 movies.... and pole vaulting
      BooHoo. Nothing is there. Maybe my work computer is blocking it. I'm going to try from home...

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by greytop View Post
        2. Has an Uncle Marvin (Avalon, Pt. 1)

3. Talkis about his grandmother (Various)

4 Wanted a nuke free career (Beachhead)

5. Likes crazy (The Four Horsemen, Pt. 1)

12. Call sign, Shaft (Beachhead)
        Brilliant list greytop

I love that he talks about his family so much

4.) I love the way Ben said that line

5.) he's such a dork

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost View Post
        I think people say things all the time that aren't strictly accurate. When he said, he "couldn't have been more than 10", I would easily say that his actual age could have been 3-4 years either way. Or maybe I'm the only person that doesn't have total recall of my childhood [because for me, you can up the number of error years to 5-7]. I saw the moon landing, but I couldn't tell you how old I was without doing the math - and you would see me doing the subtraction in the air. -- and, okay, I just did the subtraction and my first thought was, dang, I was THAT old??? If I had come up with an age on the spur of the moment without working it out, I would have come in significantly younger. I do realize that others are better at mapping/remembering their youth, however.

I take a lot of what people say with a grain of salt when it comes to memory. Not that people necessarily lie, but that they may remember wrong, just say it wrong, or are going for the joke/effect.
        I agree, the memory can get mixed up about things like age, dates etc. Nothing is ever excat. You do have to take thigns with a grain of sult sometimes. I still find myself believing things to be excat when a character says though lol I have to remind myself that's not the case lol

I'm also not convinced that he knows Chinese just from the interaction in Scourge [an episode which isn't generally popular, but I love it for all the Mitchell-goodness!]. It was obvious that Daniel and the Oriental lady were talking about him and not very complimentarily. The response he gave, according to interpretations that I read, was "go to hell". I can see him knowing a few phrases that servicemen would pass around, especially that kind, and throwing it out in that situation. I think it would be cool if he does know Chinese, I'm just not convinced based on that scene.
        I think he's not flent in the language but knows enough to get by. So a little more then insults and things servicemen would learn type of thing. I think it'd be really cool if he was flent but we do need more info to be sure

Did you notice in The Shroud, I think it was...
        Spoiler:
        The one where Jack came back. Jack said that he liked crazy and Sam gave this great grin and said, "Cam likes crazy, too." I loved that!

I rewatched a couple episodes over the weekend and may have the episode confused. For those that read different levels of spoilers: not a plot spoiler, does contain guest star spoiler.
        I could not stop laughing at that Just hte way she said it and everyone reaction
        Last edited by angelfire east; 16 June 2007, 06:59 PM.
        Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

Originally posted by angelfire east View Post

I think he's not flent in the language but knows enough to get by. So a little more then insults and things servicemen would learn type of thing. I think it'd be really cool if he was flent but we do need more info to be sure
          Oh, I agree that it would be great if he did speak the language and there is nothing in the episode to prove that he can't - so he may well be able to. I'm just saying that the episode didn't prove to me that he could.

Comment

Hey all started some games one a Mitchell game here is the link

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=44874
            sigpic
            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Jack called him Daniel because he saw him as a younger brother type, to be protected and watched over. Even as Daniel became more adept at the military side of things, Jack never really let go of the protectiveness and always treated him like a younger brother or son or someone to be take care of. Mitchell got to know Daniel at the stage where Daniel was already able to take care of himself, physically/militarily. Therefore, Mitchell addresses Daniel as he does many of his military buddies, by their last names.
              Sadly, Daniel was still sorely in need of a big brother. Someone to protect him from the Space Hussy by shooting her in the face.

Comment

Sorry 'bout the cross-posting, but several people asked me to keep them informed:

Hey, guys... Ben was at a movie premiere last night in LA and the Ben Browder Portal was THERE!

Here's the link to the site: Ben Browder Portal
                The interview and pictures are in the "Exclusive Content" area, so you gotta sign up to see it, but it's free

I got the pix early and edited one of 'em already...

Spoiler:

Comment

Thanks, again, Neelan!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                    Sorry 'bout the cross-posting, but several people asked me to keep them informed:

Hey, guys... Ben was at a movie premiere last night in LA and the Ben Browder Portal was THERE!

Here's the link to the site: Ben Browder Portal
                    The interview and pictures are in the "Exclusive Content" area, so you gotta sign up to see it, but it's free

I got the pix early and edited one of 'em already...

Spoiler:

i wonder if ben's ever been approached to play elvis presley?

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

MITCHELL
                      (interrupting)
                      No, I'll take your word for it. That was alternate reality. This is alternate dimension. Hell, all I need is a good time-travel adventure, and I've scored the SG-1 trifecta. Now, how is Jackson supposed to help us with this?
                      Thanks to StargateWiki for the quote.

My question is: Do you think Cam had made the SG-1 trifecta by the end of S10?

Comment

Thanks to StargateWiki for the quote.

My question is: Do you think Cam had made the SG-1 trifecta by the end of S10?
                        Hmmm, maybe the final episode could be considered time travel. They traveled forward, then back again. Yep, I'd consider it a check mark in the final option of the SG-1 trifecta!

I'm glad you brought that up! Now when I watch him bring up the trifecta again, I can smile knowingly!

Comment

Hmmm, maybe the final episode could be considered time travel. They traveled forward, then back again. Yep, I'd consider it a check mark in the final option of the SG-1 trifecta!

I'm glad you brought that up! Now when I watch him bring up the trifecta again, I can smile knowingly!
                          If he hadn't, in Continum, he surely would.

Comment

If he hadn't, in Continum, he surely would.
                            Oh,yeah! That's right.

Way to go, Cam!

Comment

Continuum is definitely Time Travel, is Ark of Truth too? it would be cute if he brought up the trifecta again LOL

Oh, and Hi! I just found this thread!! *waves*
                              Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

Happy B-Day ChillinTheMost

2 Cams just for you this is one of my favorite eps for Cam loved the conversation he had with himself. Wonder if cut the green one happens in the movies and yes he will have completed the trifecta in Continium
                                sigpic
                                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X