Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well (I kow that's a deep subject for a shallow mind ), after watching Babylon, I cain't wait until The Fourth Horseman, Pt 1 & 2, episodes (by the looks of the shots we have seen).

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
      Very interesting observation Galaxygrl. One captured warrior had the chance to win with honor (very unlikely it may be) but was treated with tolerance all the time in the Sodan land. He gained the real respect through his actions... never giving up and through his genuine concern for the Sodan situation. The Earth way was to cure the captor, ready him for immediate interragation, where he was placed under guard, and dealt with aggressively - although they were trying to make him understand, it was with an element of force rather than respect and tolerance. Mitchell's arrival changed that approach. and by granting him his freedom, having fed him the aspect of truth to hopefully use wisely, was a wise tactical move and another insight into his character.

It was an interesting contrast and doubly interesting to see that the usual Earth military way was not the correct way to proceed in this instance.
      It's funny......but I thought that the humans were just as "humane". They did surgery on the Sodon warrior, gave him painkillers and medicine to keep him alive after losing his "symbo". Also, they never had any plans on killing him even though it looked like they would never find Mitchell.
      Susan
      newbie to gateworld.......total scaper
      and........ now a.....(excuse the term) .....a..... FARGATER.....

Yeah.......Cameron Mitchell

Ben Browder Fan!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gaussian
        It's funny......but I thought that the humans were just as "humane". They did surgery on the Sodon warrior, gave him painkillers and medicine to keep him alive after losing his "symbo". Also, they never had any plans on killing him even though it looked like they would never find Mitchell.
        Oh, I definitely agree... the humans did act humanely in their care of the Sodan warrier.

It's more the contrast of style following the recovery in obtaining or supplying information with the more aggressive, dominating style, not really working. Landry appeared to recognise this during Teal'c interrogation and I believe it was Daniel that recognised the fact that the Sodan as a race - with their history - are not particularly susceptible to that style.

It definitely seems that Mitchell's more tactful, subtle approach had more of an impression. Mitchell gaining their approval and respect for his persistance before imparting the threat of the Ori and undermining their new found beliefs...allowing them to reflect on the issue for themselves was masterful. There are now those who are prepared to challenge the Ori amongst the Sodan and they know that they will not stand alone. It appears that Mitchell is absolutely a thinking man's leader. I'm liking that very much.

Comment

In an interview in the latest CULT TIMES special #35, one of Director Andy Mikita's comments about Ben was the following:

Mikita says that one of the other facets of Browder’s personality is, “He’s a very, very generous actor. Peter DeLuise and I were talking about this just the other day. Ben was written in a particular scene for an episode Peter was directing and Mitchell was in charge of a particular moment, a key moment. Ben said, ‘It doesn’t make sense for Mitchell to be doing this – it should be Daniel Jackson doing this,’ and he basically stood in the background and allowed Daniel to have that moment because he thought it served the story better. So he’s very generous in that regard. He doesn’t do it in a pretentious way. He’s a very unpretentious guy. There is no fanfare about it. He just stays very low key.
          So, as I can't think of where this would be in Babylon, the only one DeLuise has directed this first half, I presume it must either Ripple Effect or Stronghold as Arthur's Mantle wasn't filmed. These are the ones that Gateworld has DeLuise listed as director for.

Something to try and spot

I just love hearing their comments about Ben... he is always for serving the story and overall production first and foremost. Absolutely no ego what so ever...gives away lines and also recognises when the cameras and story should be better served by another character/actor.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
            I just love hearing their comments about Ben... he is always for serving the story and overall production first and foremost. Absolutely no ego what so ever...gives away lines and also recognises when the cameras and story should be better served by another character/actor.
            I can't wait to see this.

I've been lurking for many weeks now. Thank you, Kas, for starting the thread. I've really enjoyed all the comments. Since it's late, and my words can't really articulate my feelings about Babylon any better than some of the posts so far, I'll just "ditto" for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Anya
              I can't wait to see this.

I've been lurking for many weeks now. Thank you, Kas, for starting the thread. I've really enjoyed all the comments. Since it's late, and my words can't really articulate my feelings about Babylon any better than some of the posts so far, I'll just "ditto" for now.
              Hi Anya... you're welcome and I hope that you'll 'delurk' often

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
                This thread is going to be really big on the 'appreciation' after tonight I think
                Oooo, I hope so! I'm catching up after a long weekend, but I'm also catching up on work, so I'll be checking in [and catching up] sporatically. But first...

BEN WAS GREAT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                  Oooo, I hope so! I'm catching up after a long weekend, but I'm also catching up on work, so I'll be checking in [and catching up] sporatically. But first...

BEN WAS GREAT!!!
                  Hi Chillin... RL can sure get in the way sometimes, can't it?

HE SURE WAS!

And nobody does pain and agony like Ben. I winced, as he did... I felt every jolt as he did. Whatever, Ben draws upon to portray his characters it's so real and heartfelt. Neelan said earlier that Ben has upped the bar of acting amongst a very, very fine cast of actors. I, personally, couldn't agree more!

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
                    Hi Chillin... RL can sure get in the way sometimes, can't it?

HE SURE WAS!

And nobody does pain and agony like Ben. I winced, as he did... I felt every jolt as he did. Whatever, Ben draws upon to portray his characters it's so real and heartfelt. Neelan said earlier that Ben has upped the bar of acting amongst a very, very fine cast of actors. I, personally, couldn't agree more!
                    You're right - he does portray pain very well - I mean first with the crash (ep 1) and now with all of this.

Comment

You're right - he does portray pain very well - I mean first with the crash (ep 1) and now with all of this.
                      No body does it better than Ben. I will have to enjoy this weeks two hour SG-1, it's going to be a long wait until January.
                      Mitchell: I like crazy that's why i took this job!

Comment

Originally posted by Galaxygrl
                        No body does it better than Ben. I will have to enjoy this weeks two hour SG-1, it's going to be a long wait until January.
                        I know! It seems like this season just started!

Comment

The great thing is that I get to see the show on a nice widescreen TV in comfort instead of perched over the computer screen, when they start airing in the UK. And then we go straight through without the long break you guys have... so that's all good. Give me a chance to really see the show properly. All the manerisms and quirks up close and on my large TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
                            The great thing is that I get to see the show on a nice widescreen TV in comfort instead of perched over the computer screen, when they start airing in the UK. And then we go straight through without the long break you guys have... so that's all good. Give me a chance to really see the show properly. All the manerisms and quirks up close and on my large TV.
                            *laughs* Oh dear - anytime Ben/Cameron flashes skin its twice as big for you!

Comment

*laughs* Oh dear - anytime Ben/Cameron flashes skin its twice as big for you!
                              Believe me... I have no problems with that! ... In need of a quick visit to the THUNK thread now!

I posted Ben's new interview from the Cult Times Special there... thinking that readers of this thread may not have caught it, so I'll repost here. Good, fun read!

Scanned for www.benbrowder-online and Ben Browder Thread at Gateworld...Please do not repost from these two sites. ~ Kas

----
                              Ben and this interviewer, Paul Spragg, have a good rapport/relationship and always do the craziest interviews and hardly ever stay on topic but good fun

Cover:
                              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...35-coverLge.jpg

Page 1
                              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...times35-001.jpg

Page 2
                              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...times35-002.jpg

Page 3
                              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...times35-003.jpg

Page 4
                              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...times35-004.jpg

Page 5
                              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...imes35-005.jpg

----

Hope everyone enjoys it whilst we wait for Friday!
                              Last edited by Kas; 14 September 2005, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
                                I posted Ben's new interview from the Cult Times Special there... thinking that readers of this thread may not have caught it, so I'll repost here. Good, fun read!

Scanned for www.benbrowder-online and Ben Browder Thread at Gateworld...Please do not repost from these two sites. ~ Kas

----
                                Ben and this interviewer, Paul Spragg, have a good rapport/relationship and always do the craziest interviews and hardly ever stay on topic but good fun

(snip)
                                Page 5
                                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...times35-005.jpg

----

Hope everyone enjoys it whilst we wait for Friday!

Great interview, but I can't get the last page to show up! Would you mind reposting the link?

Comment

Working...
                                X