Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't we all just get along? (Shippers and Nonshippers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also agree a 100% with shadowmaat.
    i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      jack and bowl is pretty popular

it even has its own website
      I must admit. . .I posted to "Beckett/Chair".

. . but I never heard of Jack/Bowl. *ROTFLMAO*

Good to see Shadow back in fine form. It gets downright boring around here when she is gone for too long.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
        I must admit. . .I posted to "Beckett/Chair".

. . but I never heard of Jack/Bowl. *ROTFLMAO*

Good to see Shadow back in fine form. It gets downright boring around here when she is gone for too long.
        There's Daniel/Rock as well...

Danny Wuvs his Rock

FF, easily amused, evidently
        sigpic

Comment

LOL! Oh, my goodness, this thread has taken a mighty turn into insanity, hasn't it?

I must admit, I'm a Checkett (Beckett/Chair) supporter. There's even a C2 community on ff.net about it! It's just so lovably absurd. Although I haven't had the guts to venture into the Sam/Thor or Ba'al/Everything threads. What's great about the absurd ships is that no one can argue with them, really, because they're just too funny.

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
          McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
          Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
          McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

*cough*

I do think that the antishippers and shippers, various "competing" ships on Atlantis (and I use competing extremely loosely, as I'd like to think we're not really competing for anything), and the pro and anti-s9 fans get along quite well, considering. Granted there are always those who seem to enjoy stirring the pot but at least they are few and far between and generally can be identified and ignored as needed.

And like Technowraith, I didn't really know what "shipping" was until I stopped in here and became a full convert. Now whenever I purchase anything online and they ask about shipping I sometimes have to stop from immediately trying to select my ship of choice.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
              *cough*

I do think that the antishippers and shippers, various "competing" ships on Atlantis (and I use competing extremely loosely, as I'd like to think we're not really competing for anything), and the pro and anti-s9 fans get along quite well, considering. Granted there are always those who seem to enjoy stirring the pot but at least they are few and far between and generally can be identified and ignored as needed.

And like Technowraith, I didn't really know what "shipping" was until I stopped in here and became a full convert. Now whenever I purchase anything online and they ask about shipping I sometimes have to stop from immediately trying to select my ship of choice.
              LOL! And I love the McKay/Coffee smilie! (I love it so much I stole it! Mwahaha!)

I think I agree that for the most part, we all do get along extremely well. I think it's just a few people who are disrespectful, and I think I was just really fed up with them when I started this thread. In any case, I'm glad that we have so many fans on this board that are willing to put their differences aside and come together for our love of Stargate! You guys all rock!

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
              McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
              Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
              McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                *cough*

ROFL

Thanks for the laugh. I was a late comer to "shipping" too....however, I usually go with the standard, over the Express. I've gotten used to long waits, like how long have we been waiting for the new seasons of SG-1 and SGA to begin?

And Portos, insanity is highly under rated.

As for the thread topic, let's see. I think, considering everything, people are now seeing an end to the "looooooooooong and winding road", and the "flame" wars are definitely on the decline, so, I think we are getting along better, shippers and non-shippers alike. Nice, isn't it? Now, let's hope it lasts!
                Last edited by Lida; 09 July 2005, 09:42 AM.
                On fighting:
                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Working...
                X