No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Janet Fraiser Friendship/Ship Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Janet asked Sam to go boating with her in Urgo.
    Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Well, Rite of Passage talks about how Sam plays chess with Cassie every other saturday she's on earth. You don't spend that much time with someone's child without being friends with them.

Comment

For me it's also just a feeling of ease with each other in various episodes. For example, in "Upgrades" even though she's obviously checking on the other guys, we get a particular scene of Janet talking with Sam about the effects of the armband.

Comment

I think Sam and Janet became closer after Singularity when Janet took custody of Cassie. Before Singularity, Janet referred to Sam as Captain and afterwards she referred to her as Sam.

In ITLOD, Janet mentions that Cassie has been asking about Sam and tells her that Cassie will be at the hospital with her.

I think 2010 and Entity were both great episode in showing their friendship as well. Janet may have been Sam's doctor, but it was obvious that there relationship had been become much more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            I think Sam and Janet became closer after Singularity when Janet took custody of Cassie. Before Singularity, Janet referred to Sam as Captain and afterwards she referred to her as Sam.

So early? In the german translation of the show they were on personel terms in season 6, I think!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              I think Sam and Janet became closer after Singularity when Janet took custody of Cassie.
              I think 2010 and Entity were both great episode in showing their friendship as well. Janet may have been Sam's doctor, but it was obvious that there relationship had been become much more than that.
              Considering that Janet knows about Sam's living will and that Sam gets custody of Cassandra after Janet's death (damn you, Janet-killing PTB!), I'd say they'd gotten pretty chummy in the interim.
              As for Singularity, Sam actually slaps Janet on or just above her rump in one of the infirmary scenes (and a thousand fanfics were born—but I digress), so they appear to have "bonded" by that point. If you compare One False Step and Holiday, especially the scene in the latter where Daniel emerges from his coma, there's an endearing contrast between the two women's schoolmarmish formality in the field ("Captain Carter." "Doctor Fraiser.") and their warmth and informality when they're alone with Daniel.
              It doesn't hurt to have two actresses with such exceptional chemistry. As a friend of mine says, it's a classic case of "two great tastes that taste great together."

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                unfortunatly, i believe the purple heart is for wounds received in combat and i don't know if they'd count a tussle with a goauld....an alien that doesnt' exist, as combat

i would think, if they could get them, then sam and jack would both have purple hearts on thier uniforms
                I don`t think that in the stargate universe no solider will got a medal. At least they got them but can't say why to someone outside the sgc.
                sigpic

Comment

Any thoughts?

Comment

scarimor

Comment

I like this pairing much more than Sam/Jack or Sam/Pete *shudder*. I think that the two highest ranking femal officers at the SGC stuck together would be natural.

They shared a lot and finally they raised Cassie so it was in my oppinion just a matter of time that their friendship would turn to something more.

Killing Janet was on of the biggest mistakes TPTB could ever make but for gods sake we know from Ripple Effect that AU-Sam is together with AU-Janet and that AU-Sam will have AU-Janet's baby.

Oh, and by the way: Janet for episode 200!
                      sigpic

Comment

Sam/Janet is my favourite SG-1 pairing. I think it was Sam/Janet fanfiction that turned me into a fan of the show, really. I watched it as an ordinary viewer until I read Sam/Janet... and then suddenly I had to buy DVDs and get into the whole SG-1 thing proper and go fannish on it, lol.

I enjoy reading Sam/Teal'c, Sam/Carolyn, Sam/Vala too, but Sam/Janet is my first love

The on-screen chemistry is something to behold, shippy or not. I love Frozen for it.

:sigh: I miss Janet so much.
                        scarimor

Comment

Sam/Janet is probably the closest pairing I had to an OTP too. I miss Janet

Comment

hi i love Sam/Janet stories shippy or not they were great i miss Janet too please bring her back.

Julia x
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

weeeeehoooo!
                              scarimor

Comment

Well yeah, they look(ed) great together.

They should have given us more interaction, but no instead they kill the Doc and move on pretending nothing happened.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X