X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    stress for me = more food
    Same here.
    Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
    If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

I guess I'm more like Amanda when it comes to stress.

Last time I was under a lot of stress I lost 8 kg and I really had to force myself to eat something

But I do agree though with what Neverendingimagination mentioned above. The entire outfit and styling is directed towards making her look very slim. If I compare last night's pictures to the video of her panel in Phoenix she looks a little bit less skinny in the later. That doesn't take away the fact that she looked absolutely stunning at the Leos!

Holy Hannah!
      sigpic
      Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
        I guess I'm more like Amanda when it comes to stress.

Last time I was under a lot of stress I lost 8 kg and I really had to force myself to eat something

But I do agree though with what Neverendingimagination mentioned above. The entire outfit and styling is directed towards making her look very slim. If I compare last night's pictures to the video of her panel in Phoenix she looks a little bit less skinny in the later. That doesn't take away the fact that she looked absolutely stunning at the Leos!

Holy Hannah!
        for me, it depends on 'what' the stress is about. when my mom first got sick, i wasn't eating much.

i just worry about amanda sometimes, but that's b/c i love her.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

does something look a bit off in this picture, with amanda's head looking slightly larger than what would go with her body?
          I'll probably get rocks thrown at me for this, but I don't think that outfit is flattering at all. It looks like it's a couple of sizes too small for her. I understand this was a big fashion designer's outfit, but that doesn't always mean it will look good on the celebrity.

Comment

i just worry about amanda sometimes, but that's b/c i love her.
            I couldn't agree more!

She does look very slim in the photos I've seen from the Leos, but I take comfort in the fact that I didn't see anyone who met her in Phoenix mention this at all and Phoenix wasn't that long time ago.

Comment

I like Amanda's outfit at the Leos. She looks fantastic altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                I'll probably get rocks thrown at me for this, but I don't think that outfit is flattering at all. It looks like it's a couple of sizes too small for her. I understand this was a big fashion designer's outfit, but that doesn't always mean it will look good on the celebrity.
                Couldn't agree more, it isn't flattering. I can't put my finger on the specific reason, it could be because it makes her look really, really slim - or it could be a simple thing that her hair would have looked better down.
                Sweet lavender sky ~ pastels parading slowly ~ twilight slowly falls

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  Originally posted by murrinholi View Post
                  Couldn't agree more, it isn't flattering. I can't put my finger on the specific reason, it could be because it makes her look really, really slim - or it could be a simple thing that her hair would have looked better down.
                  I'm not a fan either. I agree hedwig, I think her jacket (at least) is too small, and the cut of it didn't suit her. It's too square on her shoulders, the whole thing is very angular, that might have something to do with it. Overall, as you say murrinholi, its not any specific thing.
                  Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

I didn't realize that slim was a dirty word. She doesn't look anywhere near unhealthy. If she has lost weight, I'm going to assume that it's because she wanted to do so. I'll take a bold stance and say she looks good.

Opinions about style vary, of course, but it looks like it fits fine to me. Certainly it's better than the suit she was wearing on Supernatural.

Here's the best photo I've found so far. Not much out there.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                      I didn't realize that slim was a dirty word. She doesn't look anywhere near unhealthy. If she has lost weight, I'm going to assume that it's because she wanted to do so. I'll take a bold stance and say she looks good.

Opinions about style vary, of course, but it looks like it fits fine to me. Certainly it's better than the suit she was wearing on Supernatural.

[IMG1]http://t.imgbox.com/acnmiAAU.jpg[/IMG]
                      I don't think the angle of the photos helped either because I agree, that is the best photo, she looks better in this picture than any others I've seen.

Slim isn't a dirty word but it seems to cover a lot these days. What some people might call overweight, others might call slim and what some might call slim others might call underweight, its a very vague term. 'Slimness' and whether or not someones weight is healthy is a very subjective topic.

OT
                      Spoiler:
                      Personally, I won't ever say anyone who is very thin is attractive. I have a close family member suffering with an eating disorder, she's been struggling for over 7 years now, and the whole subject is highly sensitive. I feel celebrity culture and the trend of stick thin celebrities has played a big role in how girls and women view themselves. My family member regularly compares herself to stick thin celebrities and other anorexia sufferers and complains that she is fat. How many celebrities get splashed over the magazines and papers for putting on a few lbs and developing, what normal people call, curves?

To be clear, I'm not saying AT is unhealthy or overly slim. She looks to be a similar size to what she was mid-SG1 and that looked normal and healthy for her. I think she's always looked great. This suit just didn't do her justice, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                        To be clear, I'm not saying AT is unhealthy or overly slim. She looks to be a similar size to what she was mid-SG1 and that looked normal and healthy for her. I think she's always looked great. This suit just didn't do her justice, in my opinion.
                        I agree with you, nei - I don't think she looks unhealthy either, but the suit does something to her figure that the lovely blouse she wore at Phoenix didn't

Phoenix:

The Actors Foundry monday night classes on June 3rd:

To me, she looks as good and beautiful as ever

Comment

To make my comment clearer - I was not commenting on her weight, I think it is in poor taste to do such a thing, it is none of our business, nor should we be discussing it.
                          I was commenting on the style of the clothes she was wearing, whether it was the cut, the material or the angle of the photographs; it made her look slim - For Example, wearing all black clothes has a slimming effect. Just like wearing stripes can give the appearance that you are taller. Perhaps this is the case with the 3/4 trousers, making her legs look longer, the fact her blouse is high too, and so on.
                          Sweet lavender sky ~ pastels parading slowly ~ twilight slowly falls

Comment

Here is another view I posted on the Helen Magnus/Amanda Tapping thread. I got it from Fan Pags Sanctuary & Stargate ( Amanda Tapping & RDA) on twitter.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post

Some of the reason she looks so thin is that she has the jacket buttoned. With the jacket open she looks more normal.
                              sigpic

Comment

Another one I liked.

Comment

Working...
                                X