No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wasn't a huge fan of this cut at the time, but now i LOVE it! it's sexy and classy... hmmm, helen with hair like this, eh?
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Ugh. I've always disliked this cut. I was also really, really surprised that the Air Force "adviser" let it go.

Air Force Instruction 36-2903 excerpts: (emphasis is mine). Spoilered for those who don't care.
      Spoiler:

General

Hair will be clean, well-groomed, and neat. If dyed will look natural. Hair will not contain excessive amount of grooming aids, touch eyebrows when groomed or protrude below the front band of properly worn headgear. EXCEPTION: Hair may be visible in front of women's flight cap.

Females

Hair will be styled to present a professional appearance. Plain and conservative pins, combs, headbands, elastic bands, and barrettes similar to the individual’s hair color permitted to keep hair in place.

Hair will not be worn in an extreme or fad style or violate safety requirements. Will not extend in length on all sides below an invisible line drawn parallel to the ground at the bottom edge of the shirt collar at the back of the neck. Will not exceed 3 inches in bulk or prevent proper wear of headgear. Will not include hair ornaments such as ribbons or jeweled pins.

This was pretty much my favorite season of the show but I just...hated...that cut on her.

That said, the woman could wear burlap and have her head shaved and still be stunning.
      Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
        Ugh. I've always disliked this cut. I was also really, really surprised that the Air Force "adviser" let it go.

Air Force Instruction 36-2903 excerpts: (emphasis is mine). Spoilered for those who don't care.
        Spoiler:

General

Hair will be clean, well-groomed, and neat. If dyed will look natural. Hair will not contain excessive amount of grooming aids, touch eyebrows when groomed or protrude below the front band of properly worn headgear. EXCEPTION: Hair may be visible in front of women's flight cap.

Females

Hair will be styled to present a professional appearance. Plain and conservative pins, combs, headbands, elastic bands, and barrettes similar to the individual’s hair color permitted to keep hair in place.

Hair will not be worn in an extreme or fad style or violate safety requirements. Will not extend in length on all sides below an invisible line drawn parallel to the ground at the bottom edge of the shirt collar at the back of the neck. Will not exceed 3 inches in bulk or prevent proper wear of headgear. Will not include hair ornaments such as ribbons or jeweled pins.

This was pretty much my favorite season of the show but I just...hated...that cut on her.

That said, the woman could wear burlap and have her head shaved and still be stunning.
        ITA...the beginning of season 4, imo, was a hair nightmare for her.

And as much as I love her hair long, the prior service Army girl in me cringes at the ponytail...I could be wrong, but shouldn't it have been tucked up into a bun?
        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
        sigpic

Comment

sorry..."ITA?" Oh. never mind.

More below, but since we're OT...
          Spoiler:
          Now, with the ponytail I have mixed feelings. Yes, in service dress (ie, the dark blue uniform with the coat) yes. Bun. Sam for duty uniform (day) and BDU's.

When I was in service I had long blonde hair myself and when on duty kept it in a braid that was then folded back up and pinned up to meet regs. I will admit to, several times (more than I can count) being activated in the middle of a night for a SAR even and simply whipping it into a pony tail and jamming my cap on (to be fixed at the first opportunity).

Women on flight crews especially need to keep the hair short and "tidy" for safety reasons. Really.
          Spoiler:
          You don't want to see what happens when they don't.

OTOH, since by the time she had the pony tail we'd strayed WAY far from USAF influence, I like it.

:::shrug::: I know...situational ethics, but there you go.

Comment

I loved her hair from the ep Divide and Conquer...thought it was very flattering and quite cute.
            As for the pony tail...it is perfectly fine and within regulation that AF officers CAN wear their hair in a pony tail. I loved the long hair...really didn't like the short short hair from Beneath the Surface and onwards....just MHO though.
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

don't get me wrong...i thought the pony tail was cute as heck...

Spoiler:
              i'm starting to think i should have joined the AF instead of the Army (I was National Guard and our Readiness NCO was stupid anal about our hair...like beyond ridiculously picky about it, to the point that I kept my hair super short just to avoid the hassle - first thing I did when I separated was grow my hair out and it's been long ever since)
              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                don't get me wrong...i thought the pony tail was cute as heck...

Spoiler:
                i'm starting to think i should have joined the AF instead of the Army (I was National Guard and our Readiness NCO was stupid anal about our hair...like beyond ridiculously picky about it, to the point that I kept my hair super short just to avoid the hassle - first thing I did when I separated was grow my hair out and it's been long ever since)
                I love her pony tail too. And the AF was just as picky, trust me.
                Spoiler:
                As an AF vet, I'll say that it was never okay to just have it tied back in a pony tail while in uniform other than the PT uniform. In no circumstances (again, other than PT) could it hang below the bottom edge of the collar. Quoting my own post here, but the regs are pretty explicit.

Air Force Instruction 36-2903
                Females

Which means no ponytail since the high one would A) stick out past 3" if hair was a bit short; B) a high one would interfere with service cover/cap; and C) a low one would make the hair fall below that bottom edge of the collar.

And, to make sure I'm on topic....

Last edited by Pol; 21 February 2010, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by staceyde View Post
                  Is there video of this somewhere? i heard there was
                  if there is a video it's an illegal rip. either a fan took it illegally or it's a rip from the gatecon dvd, although, to the best of my knowledge, the gatecon dvd with rick in it still hasn't been released
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                    I love her pony tail too. And the AF was just as picky, trust me.
                    Spoiler:
                    As an AF vet, I'll say that it was never okay to just have it tied back in a pony tail while in uniform other than the PT uniform. In no circumstances (again, other than PT) could it hang below the bottom edge of the collar. Quoting my own post here, but the regs are pretty explicit.

Air Force Instruction 36-2903
                    Females

Which means no ponytail since the high one would A) stick out past 3" if hair was a bit short; B) a high one would interfere with service cover/cap; and C) a now one would make the hair fall below that bottom edge of the collar.

And, to make sure I'm on topic....
                    http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l...g1_401_078.jpg

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l...bin/1sam-2.jpg
                    *nod* same as the Army regs (but IIRC we weren't even allowed ponytails in PTs *shrug*)

and because I should be on topic too.....(just realized that I need to add more Sam/Amanda pics to my pb..wow....)
                    sigpic

Comment

Sleepers Caps

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                        THAT'S IT!!!!
                        *knew there had to be a reason*

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

http://lilferret.livejournal.com/216373.html
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X