X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
    Ride on, cowgirl.

Comment

Hey guys. First off still I just wanna say I'm still lovin' the pictures you all put up (how can I not!)! She's soooo beautiful. Anyhoo I also want to ask an Amanda related question. I'm a frequent visitor to Amanda's official site but notice that it hasn't been updated recently. Since before Christmas actually I think. Anyone in the know about what's going on? Is Kamil (the webmaster) okay?

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
        http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/Sam/carterso1.jpg
        I've got a question re: the pic above:
        is "Ph.D." actually the same as "doctor" in the US? Cause it's not the same at my side of the pond and I've never heard of Sam Carter Ph.D. apart from AU
        "Are you like, a crazy person?"
        "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
          I've got a question re: the pic above:
          is "Ph.D." actually the same as "doctor" in the US? Cause it's not the same at my side of the pond and I've never heard of Sam Carter Ph.D. apart from AU
          When you have a PhD, your professional title is "Doctor" because the degree you have earned is a Doctor of Philosophy. So she should be (as a civilian) referred to properly as Dr. Samantha Carter, or Samantha Carter, PhD.

Does that help?
          Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Yes, thank you. I kinda thought you'd be the one to answer

There is so much fuss about the Bologna Process and Doctor vs. Ph.D. here (to name one difference, Ph.D. has to take three years at least and is considered to be more challenging) that I couldn't imagine the titles meant completely the same on your side.

Sorry for OT, folks.
            "Are you like, a crazy person?"
            "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
              When you have a PhD, your professional title is "Doctor" because the degree you have earned is a Doctor of Philosophy. So she should be (as a civilian) referred to properly as Dr. Samantha Carter, or Samantha Carter, PhD.

Does that help?
              It was cute when Daniel called her Captain Doctor. Daniel's a PhD too. Fraiser is an MD--doctor of medicine/medical doctor (physician).

Comment

All I have to say regarding this thread is...

*thud*

How can you not love this woman's smile??? Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                  Hey guys. First off still I just wanna say I'm still lovin' the pictures you all put up (how can I not!)! She's soooo beautiful. Anyhoo I also want to ask an Amanda related question. I'm a frequent visitor to Amanda's official site but notice that it hasn't been updated recently. Since before Christmas actually I think. Anyone in the know about what's going on? Is Kamil (the webmaster) okay?
                  I think he's just really busy.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                    I think he's just really busy.
                    That's good to hear. Just as long as he's okay. Thanks for answering.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

http://lilferret.livejournal.com/216373.html
                        sigpic

Comment

I hope this is me one day... Yes If you see me you'd think I'm either into heaven or I have the same expression, plz let this moment last forever

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by Daivy View Post
                            I hope this is me one day... Yes If you see me you'd think I'm either into heaven or I have the same expression, plz let this moment last forever

sigpic

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/
                              sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X