• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
    She's so cute with glasses
    She sure is!

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
    I agree with Jenni in that I didn't think Amanda looked that skinny. Not sure about the enlgish words, but she looked slim, good. I wasn't worried about her.

EDIT: to add that I meant when I saw her last april ...

I don't think it's wrong to voice a genuine concern about it here (like Pol did) though. And if it is, it's Sky's place to let us know. If Amanda does read what was said here, I'm sure she sees people are just concerned. She cares about her fans, we care about her too.
    Of course. Well said, and I truly didn't mean to step on Sky's toes with that post. Weight is a very sore subject for me (possibly a lot of us), and it could be for Amanda too. Just don't want to see her hurt.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    But, I just had to send the radio station an e-mail asking if they'd ever heard of an amazing star who lives right in their own backyard of Vancouver, B.C., who has been a star of a long-running, popular TV series, and is now the star of her own series, and who does all sorts of charitable work, while continuing to work on her TV show, and who is probably one of the most down to earth, nice people they'd ever want to meet, and very much a role model, etc., etc., etc. You can imagine other stuff I might have put in there, too.

And I said if they were going to praise this one star, perhaps they should also be praising another star who has made a rather large (and good) impact on all sorts of things, and is starting her own charity to help underfunded charities who get lost in the shuffle of big charities.

I listen to this radio station every day, so will be keeping my ears open to see if they say anything about Amanda (**keeps fingers crossed**).
    *crosses fingers with you* But I am with the others, here. Sci Fi as a genre is SO underappreciated.

Jenni

Comment

My point was not about who was in the most watched program.
      I don't care anything about who is in a popular main stream show and who isn't, or who is more famous than somebody else just because they are in a mainstream popular show.
      My point (and their's apparently) had to do with being born in Canada (which Evangeline Lilly was) - not about who they were or which was more famous - and I thought it acceptable to point out to the radio station that there were other well known Canadian celebrities they could be praising (regardless of whether they were in something mainstream, and perhaps they should be checking out those people as well).
      But apparently my point was missed.
      Oh...well admittedly I missed that point but I thought it should have been more about giving credit to where credit is due. Be it someone like Evangeline Lilly or Amanda Tapping...they both do something wonderful and perhaps both should be given the credit due...not one over the other just because "Lost" is "bigger"..which imho, is a matter of opinion...I don't think much about Lost...does it fall into the sci fi genre??

Thank you Parsifal for the links to the Leo pics...Amanda is awesome as ever!!! And that picture that had us talking last time...obviously taken at a weird angle. Amanda looks stunning!!!
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Spoiled for size, its not too big

Spoiler:

Signed up to photobucket for all my thunking
        People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
          [IMG]http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/Sam/Conventions%20and%20Fan%20Gatherings/normal_DSC_0529.jpg
          http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/
          Her smile is contagious.
          Oooh, and bonus RDA.

Comment

Fantastic find! Thanks for sharing those with us, parsifal!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

On the MSN Entertainment pages, there's a new article titled "TV's Most Fascinating Femme Fatales", where they list 13 women, including Starbuck from BSG, 2 of Charlie's original Angels, Jennifer Garner from Alias, and a bunch of others. The DID NOT include AT/Sam in the list, so I sent them a little e-mail/comment (for all the good it will do) that said they should have included on that list Capt/Major/Lt.Col./Colonel Samantha Carter AND Helen Magnus, played by Amanda Tapping, since she more than fit the criteria they were using. Could be a lost cause to do such things, but I can't seem to help myself lately.

Comment

On the MSN Entertainment pages, there's a new article titled "TV's Most Fascinating Femme Fatales", where they list 13 women, including Starbuck from BSG, 2 of Charlie's original Angels, Jennifer Garner from Alias, and a bunch of others. The DID NOT include AT/Sam in the list, so I sent them a little e-mail/comment (for all the good it will do) that said they should have included on that list Capt/Major/Lt.Col./Colonel Samantha Carter AND Helen Magnus, played by Amanda Tapping, since she more than fit the criteria they were using. Could be a lost cause to do such things, but I can't seem to help myself lately.
                Hehe ... go you
                sigpic

Comment

Her personal champion. HEE
                  Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
                    Her personal champion. HEE
                    Well, I figure if they put Starbuck in the list, the least they could have done is put Carter/Magnus in there too ... since they're both scifi ... and ... just because AT deserves to be up there with the rest of them.

Comment

Maybe even more so. =D
                      Jenni

Comment

Comment

Sam in Chain Reaction Part 1

Spoiler:

sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                            Sam in Chain Reaction Part 1

Teal'c is levitating in this picture.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              jumper, you forgot to show when the giants first showed themselves, sam and jack freaked out and literally ran to another spot. it was cute (and shippy ).
                              oops

That may be so, but I never watched "Lost" beyond the first year, because I really found it confusing and for me ... boring!

But I have watched all 10 years of "Stargate", and for me (as well, I think, for many other fans) "Stargate" is far more interesting and better to watch.
                              Lost is awesome imo as is SG-1

great pics, thanks

http://www.theamandatappingclub.com/...lery/index.php

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                              Oh...well admittedly I missed that point but I thought it should have been more about giving credit to where credit is due. Be it someone like Evangeline Lilly or Amanda Tapping...they both do something wonderful and perhaps both should be given the credit due...not one over the other just because "Lost" is "bigger"..which imho, is a matter of opinion...I don't think much about Lost...does it fall into the sci fi genre??

Thank you Parsifal for the links to the Leo pics...Amanda is awesome as ever!!! And that picture that had us talking last time...obviously taken at a weird angle. Amanda looks stunning!!!
                              it's an action adventure show with sci fi elements imo ie
                              Spoiler:
                              time travel

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
                              Spoiled for size, its not too big

Signed up to photobucket for all my thunking
                              great pic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                                Her smile is contagious.
                                Oooh, and bonus RDA.
                                RDA huh? here you go

http://lilferret.livejournal.com/134854.html

Teal'c is levitating in this picture.
                                LOL true hm Shep, Rodney, Ronon, Teyla, Woolsey, Keller... and now Teal'c

http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts...hotos/main.php
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X