No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

I love this beautiful photo and her very intense stare!

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
        I actually think the wig looks bad and not just because it's messy (it really looks like a wig), but I do agree that it's not very Sam-like. Makes it appear as if she's just rolled out of bed.

If I'm not mistaken the picture is from SGA's finale, Enemy at the Gate during which Sam makes an appearance as temporary base commander while Landry is in DC assembling a task force or something. I also really don't like how she's wearing what looks like an SG-1 patch, because going back to SG-1 after commanding Atlantis just feels like a demotion to me (much like commanding Stargate R&D at Area 51 only to be sent back to SG-1 under someone else's command).
        I agree. You're right about the episode and the wig looks awful. The way 'her' hair is pulled back is completely out of character, possibly the easiest way to cheaply cover her dark hair. Also, the earrings and her oh so pink make-up make it looks as though she's suddenly turned overtly feminine at work. Especially when you compare it to her make-up and costume in the scenes in SGU. She looked like a commanding officer in SGU, in that she didn't.

I agree about the SG1 patches but I don't know what could have replaced them. Any thoughts?
        Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
        If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
          I agree about the SG1 patches but I don't know what could have replaced them. Any thoughts?

They should have just had the SGC and Earth patches on her shirt.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

More saves than Superman!
              sigpic

----------
              FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  Perfect.
                  Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

I agree. You're right about the episode and the wig looks awful. The way 'her' hair is pulled back is completely out of character, possibly the easiest way to cheaply cover her dark hair. Also, the earrings and her oh so pink make-up make it looks as though she's suddenly turned overtly feminine at work. Especially when you compare it to her make-up and costume in the scenes in SGU. She looked like a commanding officer in SGU, in that she didn't.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    I agree. Isn't there a generic SGC patch, isn't there? one like Walter might wear?

Also, the wig (I'm assuming it was a wig, as Amanda was DEFINATELY doing Sanctuary when SGU Aired, no?) for SGU was infinitely better.

But about the pink makeup, I noticed it when Amanda came back from her Pregnancy Leave - it changed a bit then. I don't know if it was attributed to the switch over to HD (which happened between seasons 8& 9, I think?) filming since depth perception and stuff is different when filming digital but I agree that it's such a change for her compared to her previous look.

Not that one can't look feminine and do one's job well, it's just that it's not consistent with the established character traits (though I admit, that scene when she first walks into Landry's office, she looks GOOD).

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                      I agree. Isn't there a generic SGC patch, isn't there? one like Walter might wear?

Also, the wig (I'm assuming it was a wig, as Amanda was DEFINATELY doing Sanctuary when SGU Aired, no?) for SGU was infinitely better.

But about the pink makeup, I noticed it when Amanda came back from her Pregnancy Leave - it changed a bit then. I don't know if it was attributed to the switch over to HD (which happened between seasons 8& 9, I think?) filming since depth perception and stuff is different when filming digital but I agree that it's such a change for her compared to her previous look.

Not that one can't look feminine and do one's job well, it's just that it's not consistent with the established character traits (though I admit, that scene when she first walks into Landry's office, she looks GOOD).

Which episode did that happen in? Do you remember? I'm not as up to speed with the last two seasons.

Comment

Just found this picture again. Haven't seen in eons. It makes me have a goofy smile every time I see it. [edited: to say this has no connection to the comment underneath, lol]

The epsiode is "Beachhead". While for the character of Sam I don't like the hairstyle/makeup, for Amanda, it sure looks good

But the crimped (??!?) hair was NOT working for me.

It's the scene where Landry is talking with Jack on the phone saying "I need her"...and then it turns out she's already there.
                        Last edited by jasminaGo; 11 September 2013, 09:06 PM. Reason: removing IMG tags

Comment

You had to mention the crimped hair, groans, I thought the whole style looked awful. I remember thinking the colour didn't suit her either, too gold a blonde if that makes sense.

Comment

This scene...

Here's a little bit later...

And this just made me crack up because I know it's the scene when Cam says something about the band being back together and Sam asks Daniel "What's with the extra backup singer?"

sigpic

----------
                            FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

You had to mention the crimped hair, groans, I thought the whole style looked awful. I remember thinking the colour didn't suit her either, too gold a blonde if that makes sense.
                              Agreed. I remember thinking that Amanda looked really good in the initial second (I think there's a behind the scenes pic where she has a great smile and that hair) - it must've been a pregnancy afterglow

But yes, in general, that look REALLY didn't work for me for Sam. so glad when it changed back to "normal." Thanks for posting the pics, Scully

Loved the comment about the extra backupsinger though. Cracks me up every time!

Comment

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
                                And this just made me crack up because I know it's the scene when Cam says something about the band being back together and Sam asks Daniel "What's with the extra backup singer?"

Sounds like something Jack would say.

Comment

Working...
                                X