• Show
Clear All

morning... and looking forward to reading more Dizzy

sig by DJgirl

Comment

yes we always need more ficcies
      sigpic

Comment

I've been filling other people's prompts over on fic_promptly (at dreamwidth) for a week now and today someone filled one of mine! It is, of course, Cam/Vala. Short, but sweet. Check it out.
        la vita nuova (fic journal)

sigpic

Comment

Dizzy i dont like it when you leave me wanting more

you tease

sig by DJgirl

Comment

Just for you, Dena:

Stone's Throw

sigpic

Comment

to be honest im a little bit sad by that Dizzy. although it was good to see Cam push Vala to be honest i would have preferred to see him soften the blow a bit at the end

but thank you very much for your beautiful words... i always appreciate them

sig by DJgirl

Comment

It's actually funny to me, because I can tell that these two things on dreamwidth are things I wrote VERY early on in my C/V fannish venturings. I was into Cam/Vala because I'd just come off of Farscape and loved Ben and Claudia but I didn't love those characters (meaning, Cam and Vala) like I do now.

I wouldn't write Cam treating her like that now... I'm too attached, I'm way too focused on wanting them happy and together.

sigpic

Comment

mmmm ficcies... woohooo
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dizzydame View Post
                    Just for you, Dena:

Stone's Throw
                    I like it.
                    Quite serious, but it 'feels' very much in-character for both of 'em.
                    If anything, it could be a good start for long C/V yarn or something.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                      I like it.
                      Quite serious, but it 'feels' very much in-character for both of 'em.
                      If anything, it could be a good start for long C/V yarn or something.
                      Thanks!! I don't really do nearly enough serious C/V - I always give in to the urge to make it all fluff and cuddles and babies - but I'm probably going to try and turn that into something more.

sigpic

Comment

we always love CV ficcies
                        sigpic

Comment

Okay, did a bit of spring cleaning on my WIP folder, prioritized what I want to finish and get posted since lately all I do is start fic and then give up on them.

Since I don't actually have anything completed to link you to, here is one of the WIPs that I've all but chucked out. I'll keep it just in case I ever get the urge to finish it, but I wouldn't hold your breath. On the whole, I'm not a fan of "five things" fics, so it's rare that I try to write them and I almost never finish them.

Five Children Vala Mal Doran Never Had (and one she did)
                          Spoiler:

I.

Vala's first husband is lovely and young and looks at her with adoring eyes until the day that he dies.

Her second husband loves her through her grief, gives her safe haven and hides her from the Goa'uld when they come. She lashes out at him, tells him she can keep herself safe, tells him he'll never replace the boy who gave her the most happy moments of her young life, but ultimately loves him not for the man that he is but for the sacrifices he's willing to make. She agrees to marry him one year and three months after the death of her first love.

The Goa'uld Qetesh comes to their world, but Vala is far away. Her second husband won't risk the life of their child. He sells every meager possession that he owns (and a few that other people own) in exchange for safe transport off of the planet.

Her husband does his best to accommodate her despite her sullen demeanor, her moodiness, her occasional bouts of unsubstantiated accusation and anger. She cries apologies and tells him that she doesn't know what makes her act this way. He laughs and puts a hand on her swollen stomach, says he has three sisters and he understands, even when she doesn't. He's a good man, not the brash and headstrong person she thought she was pledging her life to, but still a good man.

She's lived on unfamiliar soil for three months when she gives birth to their first son.

II.

The harsesis child is beautiful. She carries herself with pride, with arrogance, even at such a young age. She walks beside her mother in all the best finery, commands Jaffa without giving a second thought.

Somewhere lurking underneath the strong will of Qetesh, Vala mourns. She carried this child, not her host. She had nine months with this child, nine months to grow to love and care for it. She knew what it was, she knew what it would be, but every time she stared at the chemical concoction that would rid her of it she found herself unable to.

It's an impossible decision and she lets it be made through inaction. She tells herself that killing the fetus would solve nothing; Qetesh would try again, with Vala's body or with a new host. Sparing this one would just pave the way for the next.

Her body gave birth, and she had precious few seconds of holding the infant before she was overtaken again. She held her baby girl, looked into those newborn blue eyes, that perfect pale skin, and felt the angry suffocation of her consciousness.

Now she watches the child grow into something monstrous and loves her despite it.

III.

She's seven months pregnant when she miscarries about the Odyssey. Daniel never warmed to the idea of a baby in the first place. He was there for her, holding her through the wracking sobs, though the gut-wrenching pain of loss for the second time in her life, but those first few hours after are all he can give her because once she's wiped the tears away from her own eyes she can see the relief in his.

He thought it was cruel, bringing a child into this situation, onto this ship, and she couldn't let go of the resentment afterward. Maybe he was right, but Vala's never been the most selfless person in the world.

She's lonely, and she wanted this baby, and he didn't. She's lonely, and she wanted someone that would love her and not make her hurt. She's lonely, and it's going to be a very long time before she leaves this ship.

It's not as though Daniel wanting the child would have caused it to live, but shared grief might have kept them afloat. It doesn't feel like such a large ship most days, but they manage to avoid each other. She finds comfort somewhere else, finds a shoulder to lean on that doesn't tense under the pressure, finds a smile that holds nothing but warmth, finds someone else to love. Years mellow hate into something else, stiff and still and uncomfortable but not impossible to work around.

IV.

Vala never thought she'd have a planet to call home again. She never thought she'd have a man to call her husband out of anything but pretense of the necessity of a lie. She never thought when she walked through the gate onto Earth that the first man she saw would come to mean so much to her.

Honeymoon. It's not a new concept to her. She's had plenty of them, but Cameron hasn't. He's never been married before, never done this. His enthusiasm and his dogged determination to make her happy are both contagious. They soothe parts of her that she hadn't even known ached. Those first nights, after the ceremony of wedding, she truly decides that this will be the one that works. She's very old and very weary and very much in need of someone like this man.

She keeps her word, both to herself and the implied promises to him. It's a struggle to let herself be happy, to make herself embrace this new version of normality that everyone around her sinks into so readily. She keeps her word, though, and after a year and a half of marriage she tells him that she's expecting a child.

He's confused, because she hadn't told him that she wasn't taking those pills any longer, but not angry and he doesn't question her when she cries long into the night. This means different things for them. For Cam it is the start to a future that he had at one time told himself was not worth hoping for.

For Vala it's a reminder of the last time her body cradled a child, and what that child became. He whispers into her ear, holds her and tells her how wonderful things will be, and it's so human, so Tau'ri, to blindly believe that no bad will come despite living a life solely balanced on preparing for such events. How can he worry about the human race as a whole, yet be perfectly sure that this child will not suffer? But he can, and he does, and he'll try to teach her how.

V.

(au vala that was tok'ra and not goa'uld - some reason the tok'ra symbiote had to leave her - being with sg-1)

VI.

(Adria)

sigpic

Comment

lovely
                            sigpic

Comment

OMG I've been away too long and I've got some catchin up to do *runs to read*
                              BTW....
                              Hey everyone.....hope everyone is good
                              Originally posted by jelgate
                              This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

hiya nutty.. nice to see ya around
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X