• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CKO View Post
    yes ya do nutty... and dont ya forget it *snickers*
    I won't, I won't
    Originally posted by jelgate
    This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

I'm still working on the H/C bingo prompts (my goal is one a week) but I'm also doing less short fic because I'm determined to wrap up some of the longer WIPs that I have going! I've got at least four fics that are 3k words or more that I've just been sort of putting off.

And I'm working on a big bang... it's RPF though (three guesses as to pairing - and I'll give you a hint, it's definitely "Cam" and "Vala" related ) that's going to end up being 15k words, but it won't be posted until September.
      la vita nuova (fic journal)

sigpic

Comment

*whimper* September?? well I guess I do have to get on the stick and work on that next pic fic.....OK my son had his first day in summer camp today....so that is going...now I really have NO excuse!!

Comment

Yeah, September. Even if I finish it earlier than that (I'm at 6000 words so far - it has to be 10,000 by the first draft due date, and 15,000 by the final draft due date!) I'm not allowed to post it before then. But, I do like that it forces me to take my time and not just plow through it like I normally do with fic!

It's basically a timeline story... it starts off with them first meeting filming Farscape and works it's way through present day.

sigpic

Comment

okay nutty... no more excuses... we wants pix fics
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dizzydame View Post
              Yeah, September. Even if I finish it earlier than that (I'm at 6000 words so far - it has to be 10,000 by the first draft due date, and 15,000 by the final draft due date!) I'm not allowed to post it before then. But, I do like that it forces me to take my time and not just plow through it like I normally do with fic!

It's basically a timeline story... it starts off with them first meeting filming Farscape and works it's way through present day.
              Oooo sounds lovely!! Can't wait to read that one

Originally posted by CKO View Post
              okay nutty... no more excuses... we wants pix fics
              I know I know....ok I'm getting serious now... *snort* really I am ....

Comment

*taps foot* i so suck @ being patient
                sigpic

Comment

*peers in*

*sets up a tv playing Bounty and then wanders back off*

sigpic

Comment

morning and spam warning as ive been away for a few days...... oh and Dizz, looking forward to reading your fic!!

sig by DJgirl

Comment

mmm lovely pix spam
                      sigpic

Comment

Bingo square #2 - Nervous Breakdown

I'm actually not happy with this one either - not as a ficlet based on nervous breakdowns - but I guess the purpose of this is to keep me writing and posted, so here you go!

Spoiler:
                        Cam slams the captain against the wall, hearing a dangerous thunk of skull and cement and not caring. "I see you touch her again, you don't want to know what will happen."

As far as threats go, it's not the most original but he's not exactly firing on all cylinders. He doesn't waste time on further intimidation, either. He turns, hot on Vala's heels since he knows if she gets too far away he'll never find her.

He breaks into a jog when he realizes they aren't heading toward her quarters. He catches her when she stops to open the door to a staircase. He knows it as one of many that wind their way upwards to the surface.

She's shaking, her face pale, and she doesn't say anything. That's okay; that's how Vala does it.

"Go." He says, giving her a little shove. She jerks forward, eyes cutting into him but his face is stone cold, not giving anything. "Wherever you were going, go."

She starts up the stairs, and he follows behind her. They're both breathing hard by the time they make it to her destination. It's not the surface, of course; they don't leave exits unguarded like this. It is a small store room that he didn't even know existed, though.

Apparently, not many other people do, either. Vala's clearly made herself comfortable here.

"I could have handled him." Vala says, referring to the captain that got a little too handsy. "You didn't have to do that."

"I know. Felt good though." Cam says. cracking his knuckles. He still doesn't ask her if she's okay. The room is filled with boxes. "Do you have - is this all food?"

"Not all." She says. "Other supplies. Ammunition."

He opens one box. "A hair dryer? Vala, this isn't an SGC storeroom is it?"

"I thought it best to be prepared."

"You've been here five years. What do you need to prepare for?"

Well, maybe that's a dumb question. She rolls her eyes at him and the fact that she doesn't say anything else proves that she still shaken up. She's a master with words, she'll talk someone's head off, but when she goes all quiet.... that's when you know something's wrong.

It's not the captain. Even Cam is perceptive enough to know that.

It's that last mission. They'd ran into a Goa'uld stronghold, somewhere they'd salvaged a few worms - symbiotes.

They planted them in children.

The Tok'ra are no where to be found and now they have three kids who should still be drinking juice before naptime, three kids that Lam refuses to touch with a surgical implement.

They sensed the naquadah in Sam, but it was Vala they were drawn to. Not surprising, considering how long Vala was a host, compared to Sam. The children ask for her constantly, they treat her as an ally, they treat her like a <i>mother</I>, while the rest of the SGC are barely tolerated nuisances.

But Cam doesn't say anything about that. "Okay, maybe being prepared isn't such a bad idea. You come up here a lot?"

She shrugs, a delicate surge and drop of her shoulders. "Once in a while."

He has no idea how long she'll want to stay here, but he won't leave until he does. Vala has a lot of friends at the SGC these days, but there aren't many people that know all of what has happened to her, even during her time here. Being taken, the Ori galaxy, losing her kid... losing Jackson, again and again, to death and to his own choices to put himself away from her. So yeah, maybe Cam has a soft spot for her.

He sits down, digging in his pocket and pulls out a snickers bar. "Want some?"

sigpic

Comment

morning and for todays spam....

and thank you Dizzy!!! puts a smile on my face when i see you posted a fic... off the read!!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

sig by DJgirl

Comment

mmmm perfect pic spam and ficcy as well.. yippee
                            sigpic

Comment

Mmm, spam!time with Denali. My favorite time of the day.

The H/C bingo card is a source of frustration so of course, what I did I do?

I went and signed up for a schmoop bingo card.

>.<

sigpic

Comment

WOOT!! Spam and fic!! Ahhhhh all is right with the world

Comment

Working...
                                X