• Show
Clear All

morning... and bad boss Dizzy.. bad!

sig by DJgirl

Comment

Mmmmm yes... they so want each other *smirk*
      sigpic

Comment

vote time... vote 5 stars for Mr Browder and go vote 1 star for the others to reduce their averages please
        http://www.thehunkies.com/ben-browder/

sig by DJgirl

Comment

of course gotta vote for ben
          sigpic

Comment

I hate when things get so busy in the office that I don't have time to write more than 600 words in three days.

But, here, you can have the 600 words!

Spoiler:
            There are a lot of moments that Cam's glad to see omitted from mission reports. The time he and Vala were taken prisoner and got rescued by the rest of the team is one of them. The embarrassing bit isn't that they had to get rescued - that's par for the course. But the team caught them with their pants down comparing bruises on their legs. Not his best moment, really, and it added more fuel to a fire he'd been hoping not to stoke. Anyone who thinks Carter doesn't have a sense of humor has clearly never lost their pants multiple times around her.

Cam lets himself be drawn down to Vala's level sometimes, mostly because he knows it isn't really Vala's level at all. It confuses other people to find her acting like a child, this beautiful woman, this former Goa'uld, this liar and thief and scavenger. It confuses people and Vala likes that. She prefers everyone around her off guard and predictably distracted. Sexuality, personality, chemistry - they're all tools to Vala. Most people are trying too hard to get her to do what they want her to do to realize that all along she's just getting them to do what she wants them to do.

He figures that time when Daniel was dead was pretty good for him, for them. He'll say it now that Daniel's back, healthy and whole and more or less all here. Daniel's absence meant Vala needed to refocus and he showed her, without meaning to or trying to, what all he could be. She lapped it up, soaked it in, loved the attention and that someone was there for her with no ulterior motives. That's a rare thing for her, he's realizes. Everyone wants something, needs something. Even Jackson uses her. He'd never have pushed for her to stay at the SGC if she weren't such a bit of living, breathing history for him to study and consult.

"Do you love her?" Daniel asks once, speaking to Cam after Vala has walked away. He sounds more curious than upset, and Cam won't ever tell Vala that because he knows her weak spots and he knows that Jackson is one of them. He doesn't have to like it, but he can't change it. Doesn't really matter anyway, he figures, because Vala has never been the pining kind and all Cam had to do was wait until she got tired of waiting and she came straight to him, just like he knew she would.

Cam has only ever needed her to be herself and show up every morning, and when she did that he took everything else in stride. He's not dumb and he's not about to blindly believe every word she says because she's constantly testing him, trying his patience, seeing how far she can go. But he does listen to every word and he's willing to take a chance on her when he knows it matters.

"Yeah." Cam answers Daniel, shrugging in a helpless and harmless way.

Daniel just nods, thoughtful. He never says anything else about it and Cam never says anything either. He and Vala doesn't talk about Daniel, not unless they're fighting, and Cam tries not to put too much stock in anything anyone say when they're good and pissed off because he appreciates it when other people give him that same courtesy. The fights aren't so bad, though, and she's proven that it's a two way street and she's willing to suck it up when she's wrong in order to keep him around, and that's enough for him. He's not too hard to please.

He has no idea where this is going, but at the moment he doesn't have much of a grasp on where anything is going. His life is upside down and inside out, galaxy hopping and shooting at bad guys and trying to teach his hot alien girlfriend how to make pie on a Sunday morning. For right now, he'll just go with it.
            la vita nuova (fic journal)

sigpic

Comment

morning... and thank you Dizzy, i love reading your words

sig by DJgirl

Comment

aww... that was sweet
                sigpic

Comment

Hey guys.... I'm soooo sorry I've been MIA again.... Dizzy has more fic?? *runs to check* ......Oh dizzy did you ever think of joining that fic competition here on GW?? Course...... it has to be PG and well..... *snort* Nevermind!! Hehehehehehe

I'm going to be out of town this weekend.....so no GW for me.... But you'll all be in my thoughts....especially Vala/Cam.....no offense...but they do take precedence *giggles* Nah actually that would be weird admitting I have random Cam/Vala shppy thoughts wouldn't it?? Maybe I need therapy??
                  Originally posted by jelgate
                  This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

There's a fic competition here?? Okay, I have to admit, I have never ventured outside of the C/V and Cam and Vala individual posts, really. I might have to explore and find this fic competition you speak of. PG only... that'd be a whole new kind of challenge.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dizzydame View Post
                      There's a fic competition here?? Okay, I have to admit, I have never ventured outside of the C/V and Cam and Vala individual posts, really. I might have to explore and find this fic competition you speak of. PG only... that'd be a whole new kind of challenge.
                      Yeah there is...in the FanFiction folder. I'll try and venture over there and post a link if I remember. Well the current competition's deadline is over well over at midnight tonight ......but you could get in the next one Unless you have something ready to go now. But I think on this one....girls have to write some technobabbly and boys have the write the shippery stuff... *snort* this should be good
                      Originally posted by jelgate
                      This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Hee, I found the fic section! Is there still a no slash rule? Cause.... if so.... then I might have to pass just in principal. Despite my die-hard love of Cam/Vala I'm still primarily a slasher in almost every other fandom. Hell, my longest Cam/Vala fic to date (the massive one that shall probably never be finished OR posted because, well, it's really massive and we can't find a beta reader) has quite a bit of Cam/Jolan.

But if I'm home tonight I might actually try and pull off a Vala technobabble fic. Doubt I can do it by midnight tonight but that sounds kinda fun!

sigpic

Comment

we loves fic
                          sigpic

Comment

morning... hmmm no new ficys i see... very sad

ive decided to do a farscape rewatch btw.... starting with season 1, premier ((sigh)) so nice....

sig by DJgirl

Comment

Fear not, I'm working on something! Back to the runaway Vala idea... I was too frustrated just after I lost what I'd written to go back to it right away but I do love that plot bunny. Had a busy weekend, so it's slow going. It's my birthday today!

sigpic

Comment

happy birthday Dizzy!!!

i got you something.....

sig by DJgirl

Comment

Working...
                                X