• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CKO View Post
    pssst...

chp4 is done and up at my LJ

http://ckojlf.livejournal.com/130312.html#cutid1
    Where can I find ch.1-3? (I'm no good at navigating around LJ LOL!)

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
    Hey no worries. Just PM or email the info to me when you can.

Speaking of fics... the muse hath returneth. And great timing too. Gotta get up at 6 and she arrives with full bags at 11pm... Here's a little tidbit for chap 31:

Spoiler:
    "Finally."

"D'Argo, leave him alone. Jack only just got here." Daniel scowled at D'Argo.

"So what's the plan kids?" Cam grinned at Jack's bed hair as he ran his hand through it absentmindedly.

"Dunno. Just got here."

"Ah, Cam, Jack, you're here." Zhaan joined them followed by Chiana. "While you were sleeping we made contact with Mavinoc. He is awaiting our arrival."

"Then what?" Jack growled.

"I don't think we should take Xandia out of his cell."

"Agreed." Cam blinked in suprise as D'Argo nodded at him.

"We will speak to Mavinoc first before passing judgement." Zhaan swept into the transport pod, D'Argo hot on her heals arguing about something Cam couldn't hear.

Cam turned and jumped as he hadn't realised Vala had snuck up behind him. He moved to kiss her goodbye but she grinned at him instead, moving slightly out of the way.

"What?"

"I'm coming with you."

"Vala..."

"Cam, I'm pregnant, not incapacitated."

"Are you sure that's wise? Look at what happened the last time."

"Daniel's going."

"Yeah, so?"

"Even pregnant I can watch my own back. Probably Daniel's too."

Cam was taken aback at the callous way Vala spoke of Daniel. While she could be rude and had picked sarcasm up easily from Jack, he had not known her to be cruel. This was not like her especially as she had taken care not to be her usual teasing self around this Daniel as she would their own.

Vala noticed the way Cam's eyebrows shot up and ran her hand over her face. "Cam, I didn't mean it like that. Look, I'm going nuts sitting on this ship. Mavinoc's there, Pilot didn't mention any signs of Peacekeepers. Zhaan said it's safe, and I trust all of you to keep each other alive."

Cam had a sudden flashback to when Vala had arrived at the SGC. When Daniel and her had returned from their little excursion to the Ori galaxy she had been confined to the base. Never before had she been confined to one place and even as host to Quetesh she had been able to roam fairly freely. Vala and confinement did not sit well as she tended to become bored, driving everyone else around a little more insane. He shuddered to think what a bored and pregnant Vala would do.

"Fine." Vala smiled broadly and moved in for a hug. "But you aren't leaving my side."

"Deal."

"As nice as this little Hallmark moment is, could we get a move on?" Jack's voice broke through Cam's thoughts as he let go of Vala reluctantly. Hand in hand they boarded the transport pod.

not spell checked or grammer checked yet....
    Same with your fic, where are the first 30 chapters? lol

Originally posted by Stef View Post
    Welcome, poundpuppy *waves*

Yeah, I think Cam/Vala's friendship has really strengthened over this season Although, I think that's true of her relationships with Sam and Teal'c as well. I really liked how Cam and Vala kept pairing off together, even when Daniel was back in play (usually the only time Vala interacted with the rest of the team was when MS was taking a break). I might get stoned for this but I almost see a kind of brother-sister relationship. The way they interact...they understand each, get frustrated with each other, and kind of tease each other.

In terms of ships, I find this one to be the most realistic and consistent. I love DV, but sometimes they can fluctuate between being really sweet/endearing and Daniel being a bit snippy with Vala (ie Beachhead). I've never felt that Cam was being a jerk to or condescending with Vala. He gets frustrated, yes, but I don't think he's ever been really mean. Correct me if I'm wrong, because I don't remember everything

-Stef
    I totally agree with you, although I'm more of a Cam/Vala friendshipper, he is quite consistant in the way he treats her. Whereas Daniel is all over the emotion spectrum... lol I'm glad someone else pointed that out, I thought it was just my general dislike for Daniel that had me thinking that way LOL!

But anyways, I have now watched the first episode of FS S1. WOW... loving it!!! Plan on watching the second very shortly!!!

Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

Oh, and I made a new banner on friday! (I've been stocking up on banners for sigs b/c I won't have photoshop for the 8 weeks of the summer lol) Can't wait to start using it LOL. Excuse the blending though, I wanted it to look a bit choppy, but at the same time, I'm just learning the whole blending thing...

Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Sun'shyne View Post
        Oh, and I made a new banner on friday! (I've been stocking up on banners for sigs b/c I won't have photoshop for the 8 weeks of the summer lol) Can't wait to start using it LOL. Excuse the blending though, I wanted it to look a bit choppy, but at the same time, I'm just learning the whole blending thing...

Great Claudia Black Sig.
        Check out my new sig made for me by Toomi. I am so thrilled. The boys look so funny.
        Last edited by QueenQetesh; 11 June 2007, 07:03 AM.
        Special Request Banner by Toomi (Thanks)

Comment

love the banner
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sun'shyne View Post

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...audiablack.jpg
            Love it! And the link to the first 30 chaps is here.... Where's Home

Originally posted by QueenQetesh View Post
            Great Claudia Black Sig.
            Check out my new sig made for me by Toomi. I am so thrilled. The boys look so funny.
            *blushes* Thanks QQ. Glad ya like it.
            sigpic

Comment

http://community.livejournal.com/gw_cam_and_vala/

it has all four chps up..
              sigpic

Comment

new fic up at the com..

http://chris4short.livejournal.com/41391.html

loved it Chris... short-n-sweet
                sigpic

Comment

Wow, I've missed tons here!

Loved the teaser of ch. 31, Kate I can't wait to read more

Hey poundpuppy! *hugs* Welcome to the thread! Sure friendshippers are just as welcome. We're glad for you to join us!

Very good points, Stef. The C/V ship does seem to be more consistent, especially in the way Cam treats her. He is quite easy-going, esp. in reaction to Vala's jabs at him. I remember the scene in The Shroud where

Spoiler:
                  Cam says "there's always a widget left over" and Vala answers "I thought you were always one short" or something like that. Cam seemed to shrug it off from what I remember.

Love the sig banner, Sun'shyne! And QueenQetesh, I love your new one too (nice work on that one Kate!).

CKO - loved ch. 4! Read and reviewed... mmmm smut is always nice

Loved that little fic of yours Chris... very sweet.

Speaking of fic, I finally got ch. 4 of "Rumor Has It" done. It's posted here at the comm. Sorry for the delay! I finally got my muse to sit still for a while and finish the chapter for me, lol

Comment

love it jess

of course smut is good... we loves smut and CV smut is good too... course me... i know how to write it hot too nice and graphic
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKO View Post
                      new fic up at the com..

http://chris4short.livejournal.com/41391.html

loved it Chris... short-n-sweet

LOL ya beat me to it! *blush* thanks... was working on my Atlantis fic and decided to dig out a SG one, and this was in my box unfinished... glad ya liked! It was totally fun to do - of course Cam and Vala always are!!
                      Hallowed are the ORI!!! And then shoot them!!

Spoiler:

Comment

well wht can ya say... i obvious look for the fics
                        sigpic

Comment

LOL true true... and C/V is such a small sliver of fics... when new things pop up it is celebration time!

Jess - loved Ch 4
                          Hallowed are the ORI!!! And then shoot them!!

Spoiler:

Comment

yuppers
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post

Speaking of fic, I finally got ch. 4 of "Rumor Has It" done. It's posted here at the comm. Sorry for the delay! I finally got my muse to sit still for a while and finish the chapter for me, lol
                              Originally posted by rebelwriter03 View Post
                              LOL ya beat me to it! *blush* thanks... was working on my Atlantis fic and decided to dig out a SG one, and this was in my box unfinished... glad ya liked! It was totally fun to do - of course Cam and Vala always are!!
                              Love the fics guys!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Okay folks... dug up the prompt list. Here's what we have so far:

love
                                hats
                                chocolate
                                dog tags
                                kangaroos
                                pictures
                                gesture
                                talking parrots
                                fate
                                destiny
                                alcohol

Fics/pics/vids.. anything you feel like doing. Even if you don't want to pick a prompt please toss a few in there so there's a nice long list for those participating to pick from. If you don't want to post a prompt here, PM me or CKO.

To those of you participating... When should we end the cut off????
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X