Cameron Mitchell/Vala Mal Doran Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stef View Post
    In terms of Cam/Vala, CB & BB have always had chemstry, but I never really saw it between the two characters until TQ2. Granted, I am a DV shipper first and foremost, so I will chose to just ignore some of the "they have no chemistry" comments I happen to think CB has chemistry with EVERYONE on the show (hence, why I like all of her pairings). Heck, I like her with Sheppard and Jack and they don't even share scenes
    CB does seem to have chemistry with everyone I guess I just like her chemistry with BB the best

I think DV was the obvious route for TPTB to go because A) That was part of the reason why they brought her back and B) It made the most sense. Like I said, Cam was out of the running because he was too new (and because of "Farscape") and I'm not sure if Vala/Teal'c was even an option the writers considered. I love DV but I am fully capable of seeing that the writers relied too heavily on them to the point where Vala was seperated from the team. Not until TQ2 do I feel that she actually became a part of SG-1, rather than just Daniel's friend/love/sparring partner. I think the increased interactions with Teal'c & Sam (in addition to her scenes with Cam) really helped that along.

I like ships as much as the next person, but I don't want them to take over the show....especially if the show is supposed to be about a team. There was no way that I felt the first 6 episodes, as enjoyable as I found them, were team-centric. If it wasn't focused on the character of Cam, it was focused on DV. I'm glad to see that the writers remedied that somewhat this season and allowed all of the characters to interact to varying degrees with each other. One of the things I enjoy most about Cam/Vala scenes is that they aren't these big, grand scenes....just little moments of care and concern, of friendship.

-Stef
    Yeah, that was one thing that bothered me about it (among others that I'm sure you already know about, lol ). I didn't want Vala to just be defined as a character by her scenes/interaction with Daniel. I wanted to see her hold her own with the whole team. I was glad that she had some more scenes with Sam, Teal'c and Cam of course in the second half of the season.

Of course I can't totally agree that ALL of the charaters got to interact much with each other, but I think that's for another thread And I agree that I do love the nice little moments of care and concern between Cam and Vala

Comment

so jess *prods* any more of rumor has it?
      sigpic

Comment

pssst...

chp4 is done and up at my LJ

http://ckojlf.livejournal.com/130312.html#cutid1
        sigpic

Comment

loved the chp CKO

Comment

Got bored... made a sig.

If ya want, let me know.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
              Got bored... made a sig.

If ya want, let me know.
              Like the sig with the pictures. I am using just a picture of Qetesh for my sig but would love something similiar to your sig with pictures of Qetesh and the words Queen Qetesh. I don't know how to put words on a picture and was wondering that if you ever get bored if you could make me one. Thanks
              Special Request Banner by Toomi (Thanks)

Comment

great sig Kate
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks CKO. I'll be on YIM later... in the process of getting a friend hooked on SG-1.
                  sigpic

Comment

okie dokie.,.. so what did ya think of chp4?!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKO View Post
                      okie dokie.,.. so what did ya think of chp4?!
                      Comp crashed halfway through reading it. Took forever to get the virus out of it... haven't finished yet. Will do when my friend goes home (and 3 eps in I think she's hooked!)
                      sigpic

Comment

you work fast
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKO View Post
                          pssst...

chp4 is done and up at my LJ

http://ckojlf.livejournal.com/130312.html#cutid1
                          Sweet chap CKO. As always waiting on the next one...

QueenQetesh.. sent you a PM, let me know what you think.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ages ago I showed her Window of Opportunity. She's been buggin me forever to see the rest so I lent her the movie. Watched a couple of season 1 eps and I sent her home with the rest of the season. Just curious as to what conclusions she comes up with as far as ships go. There's just so many ways of interpreting everything.

ETA: Hiya SciFiFan *waves*
                            sigpic

Comment

ya never know.
                              sigpic

Comment

Hey Toomie, like the sig you made.

I've been checking out a bunch of tutorials on you tube to see if i can finally make some stuff my self, writings not going so well but figured if i might can do that.

jealous of you all, you make make such cool things

Comment

Working...
                                X