Vala Mal Doran/Claudia Black WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I KNEW this shirt looked familiar!!!

Sherry (who's always keen for Ms. Black's characters' awesome wardrobes)
    CBOOL #73 1/2 -don't forget the 1/2
    Keeper of the Aeryn Sun Wardrobe Collection: "May you be blessed with a joyous life"-chickwithgun (CB) to skchwojko 20 Apr 2004
    http://skchwojko.livejournal.com/
    http://www.myspace.com/skchwojko

Comment

You were a stand-in here for Claudia, weren't you, Sherry?

Spoiler:

A.
      VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran

Spoiler:

A.
        Looks like

Thanks for all the pics VMD
        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran

Spoiler:

A.

Oh!!!!! How I wish!

But they haven't invited me..... yet
          CBOOL #73 1/2 -don't forget the 1/2
          Keeper of the Aeryn Sun Wardrobe Collection: "May you be blessed with a joyous life"-chickwithgun (CB) to skchwojko 20 Apr 2004
          http://skchwojko.livejournal.com/
          http://www.myspace.com/skchwojko

Comment

Originally posted by Aeryn/Vala
            Looks like

Thanks for all the pics VMD
            You're welcome.

A.

Comment

Was this already posted?

IGN: Claudia Black guest starred in a few episodes at the beginning of last season, and this year she joins as a regular. What's it like having Claudia officially join the show and what does she bring to the set?

Christopher Judge: Well she brings pure unabashed sexiness that we've never had on the show before, because she's not bound by military standards or seems like she's not bound by much, actually (laughs), and that - a lot of that - is Claudia. Claudia has such a wicked sense of humor and such an ease about herself that somehow get leaped in her own manicness, and she brings that to the screen, and she is so driven and so is about finding the humor in any scene and finding vital moments in any scene, and it is a great spark for us because you have to be on your toes or she'll steal every scene she is in. I think she is a wonderful addition to the cast.
              Spoiler:

Comment

I didn't know it (at least I don't remember).

Thank you!

A.

Comment

AQOVC: Unabashed sexiness...yep, that's me!
                  AQOEDC: Don't remind me.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O

AQOVC: Unabashed sexiness...yep, that's me!
                        AQOEDC: Don't remind me.
                        Great!
                        Spoiler:

Comment

AQOVC: Come on, Daniel. You have to love me. Jack does.
                          AQOEDC: And so does Evil Cam, but it's not contagious...so far as I know.

Comment

OK!
                            Thank you VMD for the caps and thank you Bree for the Quote and thank you Admiral for the pictures, they are great and funny

About the Q. If Chris said that Claudia has "a wicked sense of humor and such an ease about herself that somehow" i can Imagen how difficult it was for Claudia to be so strong with Aeryn for 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
                              From what Farscape I have seen...not much...I think the difference is that Aeryn was a more introverted and masculine kind of character where as Vala is flamboyant and flirty. Physically, Claudia has always been hot, but I suspect she purposely toned that down when she was playing Aeryn.
                              Uh, actually, Aeryn had a totally DIFFERNT kind of sexiness to her. Aeryn is a totally different kind of "animal" if you will than Vala is. But that's just me. I never saw Aeryn as masculine, more military than anything. I also didn't see her as introverted. Aeryn was raised in a military society, without love or affection much of the time. Her race (PeaceKeeper Sebacean) didn't believe in emotions as they saw them as a weakness and could harm not only the solider but the entire unit the solider was in. By meeting and getting to know Crichton and the others, Aeryn learned that maybe that way of life wasn't what she wanted or needed and slowly over the course of the show, Aeryn changed. It was a fabulous process to watch. sigh

If I were asked to choose which of the two was/is my favorite character of Claudia's, it's always going to be Aeryn. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving most of what Claudia's doing with Vala, but imho, Aeryn has much more depth to her. I'm hoping that S10 will give us more depth to Vala without getting rid of the "kid who says what everyone is thinking" aspect of her. I however do not like all the sexual innuendo that we were forced into watching in S9. It was way, way over the top (imho) and hope it gets toned down a lot. Claudia has more talent than to continually portray such a sex kitten, imho.

I'm just excited that tonight we get to see what Vala will bring to S10. I certainly hope that Vala and Sam will get a lot of EQUAL air time cause the main reason I'm sticking it out with the show now is that two of my FAV actresses are on it at the same time...Amanda and Claudia. How cool is that?!

btw - feel free to disagree with me, but no flames please. The above is my opinion and is not fact. Also, please, do NOT share any spoilers with me as I HATESSSS them. I've stayed away from GW and the forums here due to the fact that far too many people are careless about NOT using the spoiler tags.
                              sigpic
                              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
                                About the Q. If Chris said that Claudia has "a wicked sense of humor and such an ease about herself that somehow" i can Imagen how difficult it was for Claudia to be so strong with Aeryn for 4 years.
                                Yes, we only ever saw little glimpses of it.
                                Aeryn breaking off Rygel's moustache in "Thank God It's Friday...Again", the maniac insanity in "Crackers...", almost all of "Out of Their Minds".

A.

Comment

Working...
                                X