Vala Mal Doran/Claudia Black WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ranchan2
    Even though Claudia is thin, I've always seen it as her being very fit. Remember her abs in 'The Powers That Be'? I've always thought she looks great, but yeah, she looked even better in 'Crusade'. In my opinion it was her hair.
    Definitely hair Filming "Crusade" (end of September/early October) Claudia was 7 months pregnant or so. I wonder how she is looking now

Comment

I've finally seen Crusade last night and all I can say is WOW. It wasn't too much talking for me - I'll stick to "I'll listen to Claudia reading the telephone book".
      And I'm reminded again that what makes Claudia's acting so special are the little moments, when the camera doesn't just focus on her. Like the sad look she gave Tomin while he's standing in front of the mirror or when she turns around once more before leaving the room.

Originally posted by ranchan2
      Even though Claudia is thin, I've always seen it as her being very fit. Remember her abs in 'The Powers That Be'? I've always thought she looks great, but yeah, she looked even better in 'Crusade'. In my opinion it was her hair.
      *from the happy land of denial*

What abs? I have seen no abs.

Definitely hair Filming "Crusade" (end of September/early October) Claudia was 7 months pregnant or so. I wonder how she is looking now
      Well see soon hopefully.

A.

VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
        You're not the only one!
        And she really looks great and absolutely gorgeous in "Crusade"! I love her hair!

Originally posted by ValaMalduran
        I've finally seen Crusade last night and all I can say is WOW. It wasn't too much talking for me - I'll stick to "I'll listen to Claudia reading the telephone book".
        And I'm reminded again that what makes Claudia's acting so special are the little moments, when the camera doesn't just focus on her. Like the sad look she gave Tomin while he's standing in front of the mirror or when she turns around once more before leaving the room.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...duran/cc13.jpg
        http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...argate0580.jpg
        http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...argate0525.jpg
        http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...e/55441933.jpg
        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Aeryn/Vala
          You're not the only one!
          And she really looks great and absolutely gorgeous in "Crusade"! I love her hair!

I take it you like when she's all pouty too

Nerrad. <----- all hail the evil McKay
          Rockett_Series inspired by the funniest thread on the interweb/(under construction)

eirual + nerrad = nerual

Comment

Comment

Hmm ??? Vala ??? Her Character ??? ...

I don't really understand this character. On one hand she can "sometimes" offer information that may be helpful. But, on the other hand she's not really an allie or a member of SG-1. I can admit that the reason I really don't appreciated her character and the possiblities to what she can offer in this show is...because of her "EXTREMELY HEAVY BRITISH ACCENT" It just doesn't belong anywhere in this show. And the more she potrays to downplay a bad situation with her huge smile, there always seems to follow that annoying sexual awkwardness with the smile followed by an (even more heavier british accent) statement. That's just my opinion. It just seems that along with Cameron Mitchell's character, Vala has unknowingly returned and sometimes potrays herself as the character on her other SCI-FI show. I just think that even though SG-1 might not be a full team w/ 2 less people. But, I'm sure that without those two people, the show will still be a success and less awkwardly comedic.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Daedalus HD Sub-Contractor; 07 March 2006, 03:58 AM.
              Ex-US ARMY- "Those who know...know. Those that don't...don't." Go ARMY!!

Comment

Originally posted by Daedalus HD Sub-Contractor

I don't really understand this character. On one hand she can "sometimes" offer information that may be helpful. But, on the other hand she's not really an allie or a member of SG-1. I can admit that the reason I really don't appreciated her character and the possiblities to what she can offer in this show is...because of her "EXTREMELY HEAVY BRITISH ACCENT" It just doesn't belong anywhere in this show. And the more she potrays to downplay a bad situation with her huge smile, there always seems to follow that annoying sexual awkwardness with the smile followed by an (even more heavier british accent) statement. That's just my opinion. It just seems that along with Cameron Mitchell's character, Vala has unknowingly returned and sometimes potrays herself as the character on her other SCI-FI show. I just think that even though SG-1 might not be a full team w/ 2 less people. But, I'm sure that without those two people, the show will still be a success and less awkwardly comedic.
                Actually, it's a mix of British and Australian accent, as Claudia is an Aussie.
                Sorry to find out that some Americans have problems with it. Personally I love Claud's accent and I don't think at all she portrays herself as the character on her other Sci-Fi show. Majority of people, especially after "Crusade" completely fell in love with Vala. It's a pity you're not one of them.

Comment

Comment

I agree with Formerhost! I like her accent and Vala is completely different to Aeryn!!
                    Vala isn't from Earth, why should she have the same accent like the others?
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Her accent doesnt and shouldnt matter at all. As FH said, its a mix and why people dont like a character because of their accent . I would probly agree if she was pretending to have a British accent/aussie accent because actors/actresses always seem to pull off the British terribly.

^Nice pic FH

Comment

1) As Formerhost said it's a mix between Australian and British. She's playing an alien. It's only natural to keep her own accent and NOT talk like she's from the USA.

2) I'd be quiet about a show you obviously know nothing about. Otherwise you couldn't mix up Vala and Aeryn.

A.

Comment

Claudia has a lovely accent and a beautiful voice

www.claudiablacknews.com

Comment

Originally posted by FooledAgain
                            Claudia has a lovely accent and a beautiful voice
                            Yep, you said it :d

ValaMalduran, you tell him
                            Last edited by WraithWarrior; 07 March 2006, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithWarrior

ValaMalduran, you tell him
                              It's one of those day and I haven't yet eaten anything since yesterday. Sometimes even I don't accept everything.

A.

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran
                                It's one of those day and I haven't yet eaten anything since yesterday. Sometimes even I don't accept everything.

A.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...2/EATME132.jpg
                                I just wanted to ask which episode it was, link to the pic gave me the answer

BTW, "Crusade" airs in UK tonight at 8 pm (9 CET), are you going to watch it together with Brits?

Comment

Working...
                                X