The Friendshippers Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    sam/teal'c has been very ignored. whether you like just friendship or more, well s&t fans usually get a scene or two a season

they have gotten a bit better with it, like in paradise lost and space race
    And don't forget the hug scene in Heroes, Pt 2, when Teal'C finds Sam crying, trying to write the Janet's euology. I thought that was a very moving scene and showed the emotion they felt, not only for one another, but for Dr. Frasier.
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Sam/Teal'c has been strangly ignored, I too believe. The friendship, I mean. Same with Danny and Sam, Good buds! That's all it is!
      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I think on group friendships for SGA the Hide and Seek football watching scene is quite nice - it's one of the few occasions we see the team relaxing together.

Comment

I liked the scene at the beginning of "The Brotherhood" when Sheppard, Teyla and Ford are messing about and annoy McKay by not working. There was another cool scene in "The Gift" where McKay says "I've got a little...." then Ford proceeds to make fun of him. They're just two scenes that add a bit of reality to the characters.

Comment

Lol, I liked those 2. My fav scene of all time so far though has gotta be the push of the balcony in Hide and Seek.

I recon Shep and Kay are good mates, I like seeing those two battle it out. And Daniel and Jack in Sg-1 were cool too.

I love the drinking scene in SG-1 when Daniels talking about how "deep" Teal'c is and Apohphis as Mr. Burns or something.

Anyone know what episode that was?
            Support SHEX, wear a shirt ... I did!

Comment

i really like the friendships in SG1, and i hope to see more and more in SGA
              Save us from danger, save us from evil
              Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

Originally posted by John_Sheppard

I love the drinking scene in SG-1 when Daniels talking about how "deep" Teal'c is and Apohphis as Mr. Burns or something.

Anyone know what episode that was?
                That was "Lost City" part 1.

Jack: You are so wrong. It's a perfect analogy. Burns as Goa'uld.

Teal'c: They are merely animated characters O'Neill.

Jack: You are so shallow.

Daniel:Oh Please! Teal'c’s like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Come on! Tell 'em how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.

Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.

Daniel: Oh!! See?

Jack: No more beer for you.

Sam: I'm sorry sir, but I have to agree. I don't see the connection.

Jack: All right that does it. You know the entire VHS collection was going to one of you. It's going to Siler. He gets it.
                Co-President of F.O.R.D. My SG-1 Slashfiction MyLiveJournal

Comment

Well, I've pinned my colours fairly obviously to the Jack/Daniel friendship (in all it's forms) but I'm really hoping for some good Sam/Daniel and Sam/Teal'c in season nine now she can come out from under the shadow of Jack/Sam.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah, Sam and Daniel are good to watch together. They make good friends.

And thanks for the quotes Wraith ... man I love that scene. Going to go watch it now ... okay - well maybe in a few.
                    Support SHEX, wear a shirt ... I did!

Comment

Originally posted by John_Sheppard

And thanks for the quotes Wraith ... man I love that scene. Going to go watch it now ... okay - well maybe in a few.
                      No prob!

Love that part...drunk Daniel is so darned funny.
                      Co-President of F.O.R.D. My SG-1 Slashfiction MyLiveJournal

Comment

Originally posted by wraith816
                        Well, as you can probably tell, I'm a huge fan of the Jack/Daniel friendship (not just in a slashy way). That's what really drew me to the show...the banter and jokes and general sense that they really care about each other. Abyss has always been my favorite episode, because you can really see how deep their friendship runs...Daniel would skirt the rules and risk being de-glowed just to help Jack.
                        I love to see how they've rubbed off on each other over the years...a lot of people have commented on Daniel sounding more and more like Jack in the past season or so. And it was with Daniel's help that Jack was able to get over Charlie's death.
                        I'll watch season 9, and I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it, but my favorite part of the show will be gone, and that'll be hard.

Second favorite would have to be the Sam/Daniel friendship in the earlier seasons. I've heard them refered to as the "Wonder Twins" and that's what I really see them as...almost brother and sister. They're both the brains of the SGC, and when they get to working on a problem, there's no stopping them.

The Jack/Teal'c friendship is also great...Tangent is my favorite ep for that. It's a bond borne of mutual respect, and a deep understanding. Both of them have had to do "damned distasteful things", so they can comprehend each other in a way Sam and Daniel can't quite.

I would love to see more development of the Sam/Teal'c friendship...I think it's the one dynamic that is painfully under-utilised. We've got a lot of J/D, J/S, and S/D moments, but there are comaparatively few S/T ones. I would really like them to focus more on that in season 9.
                        Completely agree with all of that. J/S moments are second only to J/D moments, especially from the earlier series’. Something I did miss in series 8 was the Jack and General Hammond moments, especially the ones where Jack is complaining about someone else

Comment

I just love ALL the different character interractions, but I also like it when they get on each others' nerves too. I watched Red Sky last night and I saw that even when Sam and Daniel are livid with Jack for his actions, they still patch things up and come out of it as strong friends.
                          One of my favourite EVER scenes was Lost City Part one at Jack's house. Gotta love a drunk Danny boy!

ps. rate this thread please!
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Aw, just found this thread, great idea. The Jack/Daniel friendship is one of the things that hooked me. I hadn't seen the movie, but Need was one of the first episoses I saw and the seen at the end between them was incredibly poignant.
                            Originally posted by Skydiver
                            sam/teal'c has been very ignored. whether you like just friendship or more, well s&t fans usually get a scene or two a season
                            they have gotten a bit better with it, like in paradise lost and space race
                            I always liked the little moment in A Matter of Time, when he puts his hand on her shoulder and is trying to be supportive. Very sweet.
                            And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                            Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                            Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                            Daniel: Oh! You see?
                            Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Here's me again....just trying to revive old threads. Don't mind me, it's just a hobby! Actually, I think some of these are good threads, so... here's hoping!

One of the things I love about Stargate is the friendships. Jack & Daniel, Sam & Daniel, Sam & Janet, Teal'c & Jack, Teal'c & Daniel, Daniel & Mitchell (although we didn't get near enough of those, IMHO)...... and on the SGA side, John and Rodney, John and Ronon, Teyla and Ronon, Rodney and Weir....

I know there's a lot of focus on romantic ships, but is there anyone else out there, who like me, watches for the friendship moments?

Here's one to start off. My favorite Sam & Daniel moment is in Cold Lazarus, when they team up to solve the mystery of the crystals, and talk Teal'c into firing his staff weapon in the gateroom.
                              - Life after Stargate -
                              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                              sigpic

Comment

I definitely love the friendships. While I ship some in fanon, I'll take the friendships any day over the ship in canon.

On SGA my favorite friendships would be between Shep, Mckay and Weir or any combination there of. Whenever I think of the episode The Gift it is always the scene in Weir's office with her, Mckay and Sheppard. It's such a fun scene. At one point Elizabeth sticks up a finger while reading something on her computer and Rodney sticks up his own finger mimicking her looking at her like "WTF" and John just looks on with an odd expression.

Comment

Working...
                                X