Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aeryn/Vala
    Thanks! But there is no bio for Claudia
    She has just joined the cast...maybe they will write her bio in the next days/weeks...

and i found something cool!!!
    Spoiler:
    Someone here loves Firefly?

http://www.geos.tv/index.php/credits?CharID=15954

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
      She has just joined the cast...maybe they will write her bio in the next days/weeks...
      Hope so!!

and i found something cool!!!
      Spoiler:
      Someone here loves Firefly?
      Spoiler:
      I'm not a Firefly fan! You mean that Morena Baccarin will play the adult version of Adria??!! Read it on Stargate-Project!
      Spoiler:

Comment

Hope so!!

Spoiler:
        I'm not a Firefly fan! You mean that Morena Baccarin will play the adult version of Adria??!! Read it on Stargate-Project!
        Yes. You can also read it in here http://www.geos.tv/index.php/credits?CharID=15954.
        I always thought that she looks like Claudia a lote
        Spoiler:
        Morena Baccarin
        she has a little evilness in her look, don't you think? even in Firefly i think...

I appreciate her leather clothes
        Me too

Comment

Hope so!!

Spoiler:
          I'm wondering when Stargate-Project will give us the interview with Claudia they had been collecting questions for a month ago now?

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
            I'm wondering when Stargate-Project will give us the interview with Claudia they had been collecting questions for a month ago now?
            I hope we will see any interview with Claudia

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
              Yeah, me too! I think Claudia is really busy at the moment so it will take some more time!!
              Spoiler:

Comment

Just in case anybody missed it!

Okay Stargate fans! This is absolutely the *last* update before the nomination period ends, so listen up!

Nominations for the Stargate Fan Awards will close on April 30th. That's this Sunday! We've already received so many nominations. It’s really great!

Without spilling the beans too much, Stargate Atlantis is ahead of SG-1 and Slash noms are leading the pack for both. *Now* is the time to send in nominations to be sure that the type of fic that *you* like to read is represented and recognized in the 2006 Stargate Fan Awards!

If *you* don't nominate them, your corner of the fandom won't be properly represented!

Go to: http://www.stargatefanawards.com/index.shtml to enter your nominations and make sure that the fic you enjoy receives the recognition it deserves.

There are only a few more days to submit nominations so what are you waiting for? Go forth and nominate!
                It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Im at work now and i did some yahoo searching and look what i found

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=cla...web-t-333&b=11

click on no. 19

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
                    I actually really like Vala, and it's for one of the reasons that people cite as to why her introduction makes people nervous. She isn't what we traditionally call 'Stargate'.
                    I won't say I liked Vala when I first saw her in Prometheus Unbound, more intrigued I'd say when I found out that they were bringing the character back for a 5 week stint. I guess I saw possibilities that were a bit out of the box thinking.

Unfortunately I was disappointed with what was delivered, it was quite slapstick and to me came across crass. I guess I expected the writers to do better, I know they can write some very good stuff. To me it was an opportunity wasted. Oh well I guess we'll both be waiting to see what happens next huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Adal
                      I won't say I liked Vala when I first saw her in Prometheus Unbound, more intrigued I'd say when I found out that they were bringing the character back for a 5 week stint. I guess I saw possibilities that were a bit out of the box thinking.

Unfortunately I was disappointed with what was delivered, it was quite slapstick and to me came across crass. I guess I expected the writers to do better, I know they can write some very good stuff. To me it was an opportunity wasted. Oh well I guess we'll both be waiting to see what happens next huh?
                      What do you think about Vala in 'CRUSADE'?

Comment

I like your description of Vala.
                        and i want to add, she will cheat only when she have to and only when she surrounded by new people and not people she care. I think she learned to care and respect SGC.
                        I don't doubt she would cheat people out of material possesions, not in the least. But I think that's what makes her interesting, that we don't know when we can trust her.

But that being said, I think she has more loyality then she even gives herself credit for, let alone anyone else. So it could be very interesting to see what she does. Conisdering, during her time in the Ori galaxy she could have lived a simple life without being recruited to assist in the fight against the Ori. But she still felt the need to fight them. It wasn't something that many would have expected her to do.

I thought the writers presented us with a very interesting character, with many complexities. I enjoyed that.

But yeah, as you said, we can only wait and see what happens next. None of us know how it's going to go down.
                        Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

What do you think about Vala in 'CRUSADE'?
                          That's a difficult question. First you have to understand that I thought the episode was a boring excuse for a clip show. I hate clip shows, they have become a lazy excuse for writers to get an easy episode in while they waste $$$ on SFX on another episode.

Can I say I liked her better but I still did not like her and see how they are going to write the character in next season? I'm still trying to resolve how I see this character which is basically why I'm waiting to see Season 10 before I make up my mind. I see potential, a lot of it, but I guess my main bug bear is I am not too trusting of the writers these days.

The writers had a great opportunity bringing in new characters (hey, they lined up 4 good actors and I was excited) but to me they wasted it because they forgot what Stargate is, the essence of it, what they had spent 8 years building. I guess this is why some of the fan base has become polarised and I seem to be stuck somewhere in the middle not really happy but hoping they get their acts together because I see the possibilities.

<added>
                          Hey, I just saw Skydiver's post. Should we move this to another thread?

Comment

That's a difficult question. First you have to understand that I thought the episode was a boring excuse for a clip show. I hate clip shows, they have become a lazy excuse for writers to get an easy episode in while they waste $$$ on SFX on another episode.

Can I say I liked her better but I still did not like her and see how they are going to write the character in next season? I'm still trying to resolve how I see this character which is basically why I'm waiting to see Season 10 before I make up my mind. I see potential, a lot of it, but I guess my main bug bear is I am not too trusting of the writers these days.

The writers had a great opportunity bringing in new characters (hey, they lined up 4 good actors and I was excited) but to me they wasted it because they forgot what Stargate is, the essence of it, what they had spent 8 years building. I guess this is why some of the fan base has become polarised and I seem to be stuck somewhere in the middle not really happy but hoping they get their acts together because I see the possibilities.

<added>
                            Hey, I just saw Skydiver's post. Should we move this to another thread?
                            There's a 'Vala open fourm' thread, we can continue there or 'The Vala/Claudia Black Discussion & Appreciation Thread

Anyway. i loved this episode very much! I love seeing Claudia acting ability and she was marvelous.
                            i loved the dynamic betwwen Vala and Tomin and i was really intersting in the story, i really wanted to know what happend to Vala after 'Beachhead'.

but to me they wasted it because they forgot what Stargate is, the essence of it, what they had spent 8 years building. I guess this is why some of the fan base has become polarised
                            I've seen the whole series and i have to say that season 9 isn't my favourite season. let's hope season 10 will be much more exciting ?
                            I agree also that season 9 has a different energy than Stargate use to be but it's legitimate. New cast added, RDA out so of course this won't be the classic Stargate. You have to face that reality.

Originally Posted by Deevil
                            But that being said, I think she has more loyality then she even gives herself credit for, let alone anyone else. So it could be very interesting to see what she does. Conisdering, during her time in the Ori galaxy she could have lived a simple life without being recruited to assist in the fight against the Ori. But she still felt the need to fight them. It wasn't something that many would have expected her to do.
                            Agree

I thought the writers presented us with a very interesting character, with many complexities. I enjoyed that.
                            Agree completely

Comment

i was asked to move these posts (guessing exactly which ones valacb asked for) out of the 'who's the daddy' thread to this one.

Which is why they're here.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                i was asked to move these posts (guessing exactly which ones valacb asked for) out of the 'who's the daddy' thread to this one.

Which is why they're here.
                                Thanks Skydiver

Comment

Working...
                                X