Jack O'Neill M.A.D. Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kliggins
    Oh my; I can finally post a serious comment about Jack.

I loved this line from Spirits; showing that not always was Jack's first concern obtaining the military goods to save the planet.

Thanks Sharp.
    I also loved how they then showed that actions have consequences down the road and they can be good consequences. This episode set up the one with Charlie and Mother, the Ree-tou who only trusted Jack because of his actions in Spirits.

sharp

Comment

Originally posted by Major J. Traylor
      Not much more I can say about my favorite character. You guys did an excellent job of it. But I do have a few more Jack quotes.

"For cryin' out loud!" Episode: ...Repeated to much to list them all

"General Hammond, request permission to beat the crap out of this man." Episode: .... Unknown, if someone knows, it would be appreciated

General Hammond: "Colonel O'Neill what the hell are you doing!"
      Jack: "In the middle of my backswing!" Episode: WoO

"Alright, we came here in peace, we except to go in one... piece." Episode: .... Unknown

"We had a nice time, sir. Carter picked up some Naquda (sp?). Tel'c made some new friends, as usual. Daniel got engaged. And uh... I'm going to hit the showers." Episode: Need

Sam: "I've never been so happy to see you guys."
      Jack: "Sure you have, remember that time on P3X595 you drank that stuff that made you take off -"
      Sam: *clears throat* We won't get into that right now." Episode: .... Unknown

Mughal: "Turghan will partake in his newest purchase."
      JACK: "Oh, there's not a chance in hell." Episode: Emancipation

"Tel'c looked, I looked. It grabbed my head, I past out, I came too. We're here, we're home. Can we go?" Episode: ... Unknown

And last but not least,the famous:

"Opps..."
      There's ALWAYS more to say on Jack! That's why we're here.

I believe this quote is from Emancipation:

Jack: "Sure you have, remember that time on P3X595 you drank that stuff that made you take off -"

And this one might be The Fifth Race. Anybody?

"Tel'c looked, I looked. It grabbed my head, I past out, I came too. We're here, we're home. Can we go?" Episode: ... Unknown

Believe it or not, I came VERY late to this series but now am totally immersed--at least in the first 8 seasons.

sharp

Comment

Originally posted by sharp
        Believe it or not, I came VERY late to this series but now am totally immersed--at least in the first 8 seasons.

sharp
        How could you not, sharp? It is such a great series! I have gotten a lot of my friends hooked on it by just showing them one episode. They vary in who they like the most and start watching it for, but more often then not its because of our very own O'Neill

Ah, brings back memories of my very first episode, Emancipation, and Jack's lovely little sayings...

Oh, I'm going to miss RDA so very much this season *tear*

Old extras never die, they reappear in the next season.
        --Major J. Traylor--

Comment

sharp
          Sharp, it doesn't matter when you came to the series as long as you love it. We gladly accept any fellow gater as long as they have a deep passion for the show. I found that out when I finally joined the GW family. Welcome!

TOGETHER FOREVER,
          NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
            Thunk and appreciation. Some of us can seperate them, some of us cannot. All I know is the damn powers that be are driving me nuts with season 9. On one hand I was thrilled that RDA gonna be in two episodes(YAY!! two more chances to see JacK!) on the other hand it's gonna be danged anoying if I have to buy the box set. and only get two eps with Jack. but I'll have to buy it because he's in two eps.You see my problem here?
            Jack withdrawel=schizophrenia
            I agree with you MEL..

That like buying a Movie for a Five Minute part that a Guy is in that you like..**
            You Mean I am going to Go NUTS even More.. OY!!!

I am can say one Eight Seasons of Jack Oneill (two "LL"s)
            my "For Petes Sakes".. has turned into "For Crying out Loud"

**(Quick and the Dead..Russell Crowe - GUILTY!!!
            Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
            sigpic
            Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s

Haha, yes it has, considering how often he said it, he must of gotten bored of it with all the retakes and etc. But I certainly haven't!
              Last edited by Major J. Traylor; 18 July 2005, 09:22 AM.

Old extras never die, they reappear in the next season.
              --Major J. Traylor--

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                Oh my; I can finally post a serious comment about Jack.

I loved this line from Spirits; showing that not always was Jack's first concern obtaining the military goods to save the planet.

Thanks Sharp.
                KLIGS! fancy meeting you here...
                I'm quite happy that this thread has more poster, I guess being Jack-less on season 9 make us wants to talk about him more.
                sigpic
                sig.by : lilferret

Comment

sharp
                  Hey don't worry about that!, believe it or not, I watched every episode since COTG but don't really felt the pull until A HUNDRED DAYS! .
                  I watch SG-1 like I watch Xena/Hercules/Startrek or other sci-fi/fantasy series without really take notice of the character itself, sure I love RDA and like to watch every series that he's in, but after 100 Days, somehow I see him as Jack O'Neill, he's not just a character but a very interesting character to me, and when the DVD box come out, I start over, rent it all through Netflix and really take notice about the main characters especially Jack, coz you know.. HE'S JACK !
                  sigpic

Comment

sharp
                    It's from The Fifth Race. This I know absolutely.

Comment

[/FONT]
                      Yes.. 8 season of Jack, makes me utter : CRAP! and OY! in RL and boy that feel good
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by divcon
                        Sharp, it doesn't matter when you came to the series as long as you love it. We gladly accept any fellow gater as long as they have a deep passion for the show. I found that out when I finally joined the GW family. Welcome!
                        Thanks divcon!! I've been feeling so bummed, am glad there's a place I can come and weep (or drool, as on a certain other thread), because my friends think I'm absolutely nuts. Sigh.

sharp

Comment

Originally posted by L-JADE
                          Hey don't worry about that!, believe it or not, I watched every episode since COTG but don't really felt the pull until A HUNDRED DAYS! .
                          I watch SG-1 like I watch Xena/Hercules/Startrek or other sci-fi/fantasy series without really take notice of the character itself, sure I love RDA and like to watch every series that he's in, but after 100 Days, somehow I see him as Jack O'Neill, he's not just a character but a very interesting character to me, and when the DVD box come out, I start over, rent it all through Netflix and really take notice about the main characters especially Jack, coz you know.. HE'S JACK !
                          I know, there's something special about him. I started to love the other characters too but Jack was the first one that really got to me. He's such a deep, powerful personality.

Comment

Yes! I am so there. I say "For Crying Out Loud" ALL the time. My family just shake their heads, they've put up with my Jack obsession for years. Many of his idiosyncrasies have rubbed off on me. When my girls get home from school, I yell out "Lucy, they're home", they just start laughing. My eldest replies "We are not Lucy".

I'm making the Jack appreciation club such a happy place to be in my house.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                            NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by L-JADE
                              I *had* watched over the years but wasn't that interested, having other shows that took my time and attention. Then, one by one, those shows faded away and suddenly, it was like a switch was thrown and BIG LIGHTBULBS began flashing--right over Jack O'Neill. WHOA.

sharp

Comment

Originally posted by divcon
                                Yes! I am so there. I say "For Crying Out Loud" ALL the time. My family just shake their heads, they've put up with my Jack obsession for years. Many of his idiosyncrasies have rubbed off on me. When my girls get home from school, I yell out "Lucy, they're home", they just start laughing. My eldest replies "We are not Lucy".

I'm making the Jack appreciation club such a happy place to be in my house.

Well we're from the mid-west US so I grew up with 'for crying out loud' But I have done the 'Lucy, I'm home' and when I have this think where I quote Tin Man, you know, "Ladies and Gentlemen this is your Colonel speaking. Welcome to P3X-989er where the weather is a balmy room temperature' and sometimes I even ad the 'fan out'. I just loved that quote since the first time I heard it. When I complain about modern cars (and yes, I did have strong personal feeling about the 'Vette's body style BEFORE watching 1969) But I don't think complaints ever came out as 'they used to be so cool' until Jack said it. It's little things like that. Oy.

Comment

Working...
                                X